Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Montgomery County Gym

Featured Replies

I don't care about the new 8.1 million gym, but what I do care about is the 10 cent football and soccer field!

 

ElGato! Page 2 and I assume from the name they're Montgomery Co.

 

And if they think that was a good crowd, no wonder they think they can handle the 10th regional tournament!:ylsuper:

  • Replies 174
  • Views 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's a matter of FAIRNESS for the kids playing for a chance to go to Rupp.

If this was true, then it would rotate to each and every district regardless of size of gym and give each school's players a chance to host the region.

 

It is about Montgomery County wanting to host the regional and give THEIR kids a better chance. No way that Montgomery County hosting it makes it easier for the kids at Bishop Brossart, Campbell County, Pendleton County, etc, etc.

ElGato! Page 2 and I assume from the name they're Montgomery Co.

 

And if they think that was a good crowd, no wonder they think they can handle the 10th regional tournament!:ylsuper:

I didn't say they had huge crowds at the Prep Classic, I said the people in charge of it were pleased with the crowds as compared to the Prep Classic crowds in previous years. That has nothing to do with a 10th region tournament.

 

As far as the other sports facilities are concerned, everyone has their opinions. I was simply stating that improvements have been made to other sports fields and well as the school itself....not just the gym.

If this was true, then it would rotate to each and every district regardless of size of gym and give each school's players a chance to host the region.

 

It is about Montgomery County wanting to host the regional and give THEIR kids a better chance. No way that Montgomery County hosting it makes it easier for the kids at Bishop Brossart, Campbell County, Pendleton County, etc, etc.

I'd be completely in favor of that! Is it easy on the baseball and softball teams from Clark or Montgomery to travel to Brossart or Campbell to compete in a regional tournament in those sports? No, it's not easy, but it is FAIR. Fair because those tournament do move around and give other schools a chance to host. Why is basketball any different, from a fairness standpoint?

Montgomery County spent a lot of money on new bleachers for the football field this past summer. The football facilities are great but work needs to be done to the field. As far as the fieldhouse addition, it was paid for by the football team and not the district and the 2 new practice fields were soded through a donation.

I'd be completely in favor of that! Is it easy on the baseball and softball teams from Clark or Montgomery to travel to Brossart or Campbell to compete in a regional tournament in those sports? No, it's not easy, but it is FAIR. Fair because those tournament do move around and give other schools a chance to host. Why is basketball any different, from a fairness standpoint?

Because of the reason posted when these threads FIRST came out. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

 

Montgomery County is the first regional school that has a facility that can come CLOSE to bringing in the $$$ like Mason County can.

 

Remember for those years it was the Montgomery County's districts CHOICE where to host the regional, THEY CHOSE Mason County.

 

It is not a lick about fairness. NOT IN THE LEAST.

 

It is about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Because of the reason posted when these threads FIRST came out. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

 

Montgomery County is the first regional school that has a facility that can come CLOSE to bringing in the $$$ like Mason County can.

 

Remember for those years it was the Montgomery County's districts CHOICE where to host the regional, THEY CHOSE Mason County.

 

It is not a lick about fairness. NOT IN THE LEAST.

 

It is about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Oh so now it's about $$$. First it was because the northern school had soooo far to drive and it wouldn't be "easy" on Brossart, Campbell, and Pendleton. Now it's about $$$. Make up your mind. If you're only concerned about the money, don't be. That can be offset by higher ticket prices. If there are so many people wantng to come that they are concerned that Montgomery's gym isn't big enough, then they shouldn't have a problem paying another $1 for a ticket.

Whew...I am glad we don't have this problem in the girls basketball...:D

Got some information on this from a person "in the know."

 

The 8 participating schools are guaranteed 4500 dollars. The remaining profits are divided up among the remainder of schools and based on the past few years at Mason, it has totaled around 1200 dollars. ( I was incorrect on this earlier and the boys are different from the girls in the revenue sharing of regionals.)

 

That means the profits total out at an approximate $46,800.

 

Ladiesbballcoach you always have all the right answers. Do you know what the dollar figures are on the girls side? Just curious...;)

Oh so now it's about $$$. First it was because the northern school had soooo far to drive and it wouldn't be "easy" on Brossart, Campbell, and Pendleton. Now it's about $$$. Make up your mind. If you're only concerned about the money, don't be. That can be offset by higher ticket prices. If there are so many people wantng to come that they are concerned that Montgomery's gym isn't big enough, then they shouldn't have a problem paying another $1 for a ticket.

That changing of debate occurs when the guys are your side of the debate changes your attack. Sometimes you go at it and say Mason is too far of a drive and it needs to be more centralized and then we have to prove that Mason is the most centralized with a gym capable of handling the tournament. No way, and anyone who thinks so is living in a different reality, is a gym located in Montgomery, Clark or Campbell County more centrally located than Maysville for the ENTIRE region.

 

As far as my understanding, the boys programs at several regional schools get zero dollars from the school systems to run their budget. It is fully funded by their gate and take from the region. Meaning that approximate $5,000 check is a big thing.

 

Ladiesbballcoach you always have all the right answers. Do you know what the dollar figures are on the girls side? Just curious...;)

Not sure if they are always the right answers. I just try and pass on my knowledge of the workings of the regional or find the right person to ask.

 

It has been awhile since I was fortunate enough to attend one of the regional meetings but it seems to be the regional participation check was around $1,000 to $1,500. I never remember receiving a check from the regional if we were not participating as the boys are able to do. So for the schools that don't make the regional tournament, they receive zero while the boys side gets approximately $1,200.

Amen Ladies Ball Coach!!!! I agree with everything you just said.

 

In addition I don't think it is fair to pass on Montgomery Co's needs to the consumers. Sometimes its or hard enough for a family of 5 or so to pay the current price on several different nights, so by all means lets turn basketball into a sport for the wealthy by raising the ticket price!!

As a girls basketball coach in the NKY area, I make less games at the regional tournament when it is at Montgomery or Clark County as I am sure that they make less trips to NKY when it is up here.

 

Mason, Harrison, good chance I might make every night if the matchups are good.

 

Unless my school is playing in it, I won't make a single night to Montgomery on the boys' side. The casual boys basketball fans are the ones I think you will lose. And I think it is those fans that take the crowds from 3,000 to 5,000. I know of hundreds of people that go almost every night to Maysville, that I don't think will make that trip to Montgomery County. And for the most part, my school is middle of the region.

That's what I've said all along. The 10th region fan base is not in that part of the region. Mt. Olivet people go to Maysville to the games, even the crappy ones. They won't make that drive night in and night out to Mt. Sterling. The Mont. Co people didn't turn out to support the prep classic to see the top teams in the state. They even played the game after the one I went to and the attendance was small. I highly doubt they'll support the tournament like the people in our area.

That's what I've said all along. The 10th region fan base is not in that part of the region. Mt. Olivet people go to Maysville to the games, even the crappy ones. They won't make that drive night in and night out to Mt. Sterling. The Mont. Co people didn't turn out to support the prep classic to see the top teams in the state. They even played the game after the one I went to and the attendance was small. I highly doubt they'll support the tournament like the people in our area.

The Montgomery, Bourbon and Clark casual fans will be there.

 

Who will not will be the Campbell, Harrison, Pendleton, Bracken, Mason, Nicholas, or Robertson County unless their team is in the game. And then some won't make it then like they would if it was in Mason County.

Who says it has to be a certain districts choice? Why can't the entire region vote? What would it be 12 to 4 or possibly 3?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.