Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Montgomery County Gym

Featured Replies

Who says it has to be a certain districts choice? Why can't the entire region vote? What would it be 12 to 4 or possibly 3?

Presently, the region is setup on the girls and boys side to rotate as regional host among the four districts. They choose the site. Next year is the Montgomery County's district time to choose. They, I am assuming since it is not on the KHSAA website, will choose Montgomery County.

 

In the past all of the districts have chosen Mason because it was the ONLY reasonable choice.

 

On the girls' side, it works the same way but they obviously have other choices. The Montgomery district could/has gone to Bourbon/Clark/Montgomery. The Harrison district hosted it at Harrison Co last year. The Campbell district is usually at Campbell County Middle School which is the old high school and has a nice size gym. The Mason district hosts it at the Fieldhouse.

 

Here is a link to the KHSAA site on regional hosts.

http://www.khsaa.org/basketball/districtregion/regionpostseasonsiteselectionplans.pdf

  • Replies 174
  • Views 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it KHSAA rules that says it rotates districts or the regions decision to do it that way? I've also heard that KHSAA says the new site has to be large enough to handle the crowds of the last 5 years. Is this correct? If if is, then it may not go South. There have been huge crowds at the finals for the past 2 years and I can't see this year being different.

Amen Ladies Ball Coach!!!! I agree with everything you just said.

 

In addition I don't think it is fair to pass on Montgomery Co's needs to the consumers. Sometimes its or hard enough for a family of 5 or so to pay the current price on several different nights, so by all means lets turn basketball into a sport for the wealthy by raising the ticket price!!

 

This might need to be another thread, but how many other regions have split sessions where fans have to pay admission to two games a night in the first round and semi-finals? How long has this been done in the 10th Region? This certainly creates more revenue, but it has to be a financial hardship on the casual fan, heck even the dedicated fan. Does the 10th Region sell a discounted ticket for the entire tournament?

 

Also, it doesn't seem like increasing the ticket price would be passing on Montgomery County's needs, it sounds like it would be passing on the needs of the other schools since the money is split.

This might need to be another thread, but how many other regions have split sessions where fans have to pay admission to two games a night in the first round and semi-finals? How long has this been done in the 10th Region? This certainly creates more revenue, but it has to be a financial hardship on the casual fan, heck even the dedicated fan. Does the 10th Region sell a discounted ticket for the entire tournament?

 

Also, it doesn't seem like increasing the ticket price would be passing on Montgomery County's needs, it sounds like it would be passing on the needs of the other schools since the money is split.

 

Which wouldn't be a problem if things are left alone! The sessions have been split for the past several years. Before that, things got hairy with teams & fans moving in and out plus crowds. Not enough room.

Bull and you know it,I try to stay out these silly threads but simple fact 8 out out 10 10th region fans that is not Mason hates the Royals and would like nothing more than to try and make it as much as possible of a struggle for them.:rolleyes:

 

Why the big chip on your shoulder? I was being completely honest in my post. I personally don't have anything against Mason Co. or any of the fans. They have a great program and a great following that I have a lot of respect for. I am not originally from this region so I speak with cofidence when I say that people will travel to a neutral site. This was not a shot at Mason Co. or The Fieldhouse.

:scared: Hey I have cheered for the Indians.:thumb:

 

Clark County has a good team to watch. I love watching Knowles and Jones seems like a good kid.

 

If Montgomery can't go to state (which it looks like they won't), I wouldn't mind seeing Clark do well this year.

Yes Mason Co. has the largest gym and it may sell out from time to time. However, the super bowl always sells out, is it always at the largest stadium? The same goes for college basketball, college football, almost every sport I can think of. If they always played at the largest arena these events would be in the same venue every year. No one complains about that.

Good point Teeroy.

Yes Mason Co. has the largest gym and it may sell out from time to time. However, the super bowl always sells out, is it always at the largest stadium? The same goes for college basketball, college football, almost every sport I can think of. If they always played at the largest arena these events would be in the same venue every year. No one complains about that.

But they play at comparable venues. Up until Montgomery County building the new gym, there was no comparable venue in the 10th region area.

 

Now there is an Montgomery County, at least their supporters on here, are saying that there will be no reduction in the $$$ that the schools receive and contributes to running their programs.

But they play at comparable venues. Up until Montgomery County building the new gym, there was no comparable venue in the 10th region area.

Three of the most popular sites for the men's SEC tournament over the past several years have been:

 

Super Dome in New Orleans - seating capacity for basketball: 55,675

Georgia Dome in Atlanta - seating capacity for basketball: 53,500

Gaylord Center in Nashville - seating capacity for basketball: 20,000

 

I wouldn't call those venues comparable, however, many fans would tell you that the best site for the SEC tournament out of those three is the Gaylord Center in Nashville.

Three of the most popular sites for the men's SEC tournament over the past several years have been:

 

Super Dome in New Orleans - seating capacity for basketball: 55,675

Georgia Dome in Atlanta - seating capacity for basketball: 53,500

Gaylord Center in Nashville - seating capacity for basketball: 20,000

I wouldn't call those venues comparable, however, many fans would tell you that the best site for the SEC tournament out of those three is the Gaylord Center in Nashville.

 

Amen...I think that this says it all.

Three of the most popular sites for the men's SEC tournament over the past several years have been:

 

Super Dome in New Orleans - seating capacity for basketball: 55,675

Georgia Dome in Atlanta - seating capacity for basketball: 53,500

Gaylord Center in Nashville - seating capacity for basketball: 20,000

 

I wouldn't call those venues comparable, however, many fans would tell you that the best site for the SEC tournament out of those three is the Gaylord Center in Nashville.

I have no idea on the answer, but in those 3 venues were the crowds generally around 20,000 or in the first two greatly in excess of 20,000.

 

If the crowds were generally around 20,000 no matter the size of the arena, I dont' think it makes a difference.

 

And for a good number of games at the regional tournament, it won't really make a difference as most games do not sell out.

 

Beyond Pendleton County and Mason County, what school usually sells out their ticket allotment at Mason.

 

I have heard the description made that Montgomery and Clark usually had smaller crowds (meaning doesn't sell out) unless they are in the championship game.

 

If that is true, I would say that is probably because of the drive.

 

If the above sentence is true, I would say that you could expect the same thing in coming to Mt. Sterling from Campbell County, Brossart, Pendleton, Harrison (??), Mason.

 

I could see the change having zero bearing on the crowds from Paris and Bourbon and possibly Harrison County.

Just play the 10th Region Tournament in Morehead or Memorial Coliseum!!! That way no one will be turned away and you dont have to arrive 3 hours early to get a seat!! As far as money goes these other programs dont need the money!! Except maybe one or two!! The baseball and football programs have plenty enough money(They get out and work for theres) Youi can also play the games at NKU or EKU!!! Its past time for a change!!

Just play the 10th Region Tournament in Morehead or Memorial Coliseum!!! That way no one will be turned away and you dont have to arrive 3 hours early to get a seat!! As far as money goes these other programs dont need the money!! Except maybe one or two!! The baseball and football programs have plenty enough money(They get out and work for theres) Youi can also play the games at NKU or EKU!!! Its past time for a change!!

 

I think any reasonable person would agree that a neutral arena, or at least a rotating site is fair.

Could you imagine if North Carolina hosted every single ACC tournament, or UK hosted the SEC every year, or if the football finals were always at Male high school, or if the Hawks always hosted the NBA eastern conference regional final. Or if the Cleveland Indians hosted the ALCS every year. Wouldn't that be crazy.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.