Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Montgomery County Gym

Featured Replies

I hope that if a regional tournament is held at the new gym it is presented in a somewhat better manner than the girls’ senior night. The video screens did not work properly, the audio was horrible and the visuals were distorted. It was an embarrassment and disappointment not only to the players but the parents and the community.

  • Replies 174
  • Views 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope that if a regional tournament is held at the new gym it is presented in a somewhat better manner than the girls’ senior night. The video screens did not work properly, the audio was horrible and the visuals were distorted. It was an embarrassment and disappointment not only to the players but the parents and the community.

Oh Brother i understand your frustations but this is going to lead to 100 more posts about why they shouldnt get a chance to host.:laugh:

I hope that if a regional tournament is held at the new gym it is presented in a somewhat better manner than the girls’ senior night. The video screens did not work properly, the audio was horrible and the visuals were distorted. It was an embarrassment and disappointment not only to the players but the parents and the community.

 

This was an embarassment to say the least. I thought that the picture on the screens was fine but there are definately a few bugs to work out as it was the first time the screen has been used. Someone definately should have been in the gym experimenting with the new equipment before it came time for the senior night festivities. I don't think that this has anything to do with hosting a regional tourny though.

I'm no expert but I doubt there will be any movies shown during the 10th Region Tournament at Mt. Sterling next year. And if for some odd reason Phil decides to play Hoosiers in between sessions, he has a little over a year to figure out the A/V system.

I'm no expert but I doubt there will be any movies shown during the 10th Region Tournament at Mt. Sterling next year. And if for some odd reason Phil decides to play Hoosiers in between sessions, he has a little over a year to figure out the A/V system.

:laugh: :thumb:

I have one question about the new NKU gym. I know that NKU is in Campbell Co. and that there are some Campbell Co. schools in the region. However, dosen't the campus technically set in the Ft. Thomas Highlands school district? Which is part of the 9th region. Would this cause a problem as it is not technically in a 10th region school district? I am wondering how that would work.

 

 

It's in Campbell County's school district. No doubt about it.

You lost me there....I never said anything about travel time. But since you brought it up, based on this statement, I assumue you would agree that it isn't fair that every other team in the 10th region has to travel and Mason Co. doesn't. :confused:

 

My entire arguement has always been about FAIRNESS. It simply is not fair for the same team to host the regional tournament on their home floor every year for nearly 40 years. Now there is another gym in the region capable of hosting it. Is it as big as the Fieldhouse? Not exactly. Is Mt. Sterling as centrally located in the 10th region as Maysville? Not exactly. Are these issues as important as creating FAIRNESS for the kids involved? At least in my opinion....NOT EXACTLY!!!

 

Since it is the schools that have chosen to host it at Mason County, the same schools that are traveling are the schools that CHOSE Mason County as a location. That would be fair.

:laugh: :thumb:

I don’t expect movies to be played during the 10th region tournament. However, I would have anticipated that Montgomery County would have shown more interest in four senior girls that have been to the Sweet 16 for two consecutive years and are the leading candidates for a third year. Whoever is in charge of the planning process needs to implement a better strategy if they are hoping for the 10th regional tournament to be held in Montgomery County. For what it’s worth the boy’s senior night was executed with no problems. Don’t get me wrong Montgomery County has a very nice facility but there are some issues that need to be worked out.

Since it is the schools that have chosen to host it at Mason County, the same schools that are traveling are the schools that CHOSE Mason County as a location. That would be fair.

You are right, and it will be fair next year when the 40th district votes to have it at Montgomery Co.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.