Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Montgomery County Gym

Featured Replies

  • Author

Two big items to think about. Those schools need money to run the many sports programs all students want to participate in. Fans want to see a live exciting game. The biggest facility that holds the crowd is important. Montgomery has a very nice smaller gym. Clark is as big. Montgomery is big enough to host the girls regional but doesn't offer anything better than that big Fieldhouse gym.

  • Replies 174
  • Views 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just out of curiosity, what didn't you like about it?

 

 

I just didnt like the enviroment. And it just didnt feel like you were in a big gym there i dont know i guess once you get use to the Fieldhouse nothing else compares.

  • Author
I have no idea where the figure 3600 came from, but I can assure you that is not the maximum capacity according to the State Fire Marshall. Like I said earlier, there were about 3500 there for the GRC game with several empty seats available, so the maximum capacity is definitely not 3600.

 

I have heard from school officials that the state fire marshall visited the Fieldhouse and the Montgomery County gym on the same day and list Mason's gym at 5300 and the Montgomery gym at 3600. The fire marhsall is the final authority on how many a gym can seat. Can anyone contact the state fire marshal for those figures?

I have heard from school officials that the state fire marshall visited the Fieldhouse and the Montgomery County gym on the same day and list Mason's gym at 5300 and the Montgomery gym at 3600. The fire marhsall is the final authority on how many a gym can seat. Can anyone contact the state fire marshal for those figures?

I heard pretty much the same thing. In fact, four officials from the State Fire Marshall's office visited Montgomery Co. and three of them were from Mason County (coincidence? I think not! :irked: ). Your numbers are incorrect though according to what I was told. I was told that they measured Montgomery County's gym at 4,408. That sounds about right to me based on the fact that there were about 3,500 there for the GRC game, and as I stated earlier, they could have handled about another 1,000. I was also told that the Fieldhouse measured out at around 5,200, not sure of that exact number. You may be right on 5,300.

  • Author
I heard pretty much the same thing. In fact, four officials from the State Fire Marshall's office visited Montgomery Co. and three of them were from Mason County (coincidence? I think not! :irked: ). Your numbers are incorrect though according to what I was told. I was told that they measured Montgomery County's gym at 4,408. That sounds about right to me based on the fact that there were about 3,500 there for the GRC game, and as I stated earlier, they could have handled about another 1,000. I was also told that the Fieldhouse measured out at around 5,200, not sure of that exact number. You may be right on 5,300.

 

Wow you think Mason County sent the fire marshall to Montgomery Co? Mason's people seem pretty nice anytime I am around them. Montgomery's gym looks much smaller and it is hard to believe it is much bigger than 3400. El gato, Is it true that rows are being taken out because they were too close to floor and people were walking in front of benches? Who was in charge of building the gym and let that mistake happen?

Wow you think Mason County sent the fire marshall to Montgomery Co? Mason's people seem pretty nice anytime I am around them. Montgomery's gym looks much smaller and it is hard to believe it is much bigger than 3400. El gato, Is it true that rows are being taken out because they were too close to floor and people were walking in front of benches? Who was in charge of building the gym and let that mistake happen?

Belive me it is...over 3500 there for the GRC game and was not near full.

Montgomery County's gym at 4,408. as quoted above, coming from the fire marshall, not as you have quoted.

I ran into the head of maintenance at Mason Co last night. He said 5 members of the fire marshalls office had been in to measure capacity at Mason Co this week. They told him they had Mason Co at 5200 and they had also done Montgomery which was 3600. If these are public buildings and this is a state office, I would think this info would be a matter of public record. The last 3 years the fire marshall has been present at the regional final and monitored ticket sales at Mason County.

Just wait until Northern Ky University gets their new 10,000 seat facility and it can be held there every year and everyone will get to see all the games. I would think that the ninth and tenth both could be held there.

Wow you think Mason County sent the fire marshall to Montgomery Co? Mason's people seem pretty nice anytime I am around them. Montgomery's gym looks much smaller and it is hard to believe it is much bigger than 3400. El gato, Is it true that rows are being taken out because they were too close to floor and people were walking in front of benches? Who was in charge of building the gym and let that mistake happen?

One row was removed on the side where the benches and scorers table are located to allow more room for fans to walk behind the benches. This has already been done and was a huge improvement. It was done prior to the State Fire Marshall's visit last week. The mistake was made when they decided to make some of the lower level seats chair backs. They take up more room and the architect apparently didn't allow for this. I can't confirm this, but I heard that the architect paid to correct the problem. Coincidently, I heard that the same thing happened at the Fieldhouse back when they replaced the lower level bleachers. Supposedly the new ones took up more room and they also had to remove a row.

 

I wasn't accusing Mason Co. of sending in the Fire Marshall, but I did find it very ironic that 3 of the 4 officials that showed up were from Mason Co. :lol:

I've been to both gyms and I will take the Fieldhouse over Montgomery's any day. If you sit in the first 4 or 5 rows of the upper level at Montgomery County you will feel like you are watching the game from a jail cell. The railing obstructs your view. Also, I have to question the reading comprehension of many of the Montgomery County fans. Many of them sat right in the middle of the vistors section in the chairback seats. Personally, I don't like the chairback seats because they take up to much space and you are always standing up to let someone in or out. This may sound minor but having fans from both teams on the same side together can cause unwanted problems. I also agree with some of the other post the benches and scorers table is right up against the home side bleachers. Making fans have to walk in front of the bench. I think there is just alot of dead and wasted space in that gym. It will be a mess there next year during the regional tournament.

Just wait until Northern Ky University gets their new 10,000 seat facility and it can be held there every year and everyone will get to see all the games. I would think that the ninth and tenth both could be held there.

 

If this ever happens it will be there 1 out of every 4 years. When the 37th votes for the site. I think the 38th and 39th will always vote for Mason and the 40th will vote for Montgomery. As far as the 9th and 10th holding it together, this will never happen. The 10th regions AD's will not go for that and I don't believe the 9th AD's would as well. Plus, how much will it cost the 10th to rent of the NKU arena? If it cost very much don't expect to see the 10th there.

I've been to both gyms and I will take the Fieldhouse over Montgomery's any day. If you sit in the first 4 or 5 rows of the upper level at Montgomery County you will feel like you are watching the game from a jail cell. The railing obstructs your view. Also, I have to question the reading comprehension of many of the Montgomery County fans. Many of them sat right in the middle of the vistors section in the chairback seats. Personally, I don't like the chairback seats because they take up to much space and you are always standing up to let someone in or out. This may sound minor but having fans from both teams on the same side together can cause unwanted problems. I also agree with some of the other post the benches and scorers table is right up against the home side bleachers. Making fans have to walk in front of the bench. I think there is just alot of dead and wasted space in that gym. It will be a mess there next year during the regional tournament.

What game did you attend? If it was during the KY Prep Classic, there were no reserved seats honored, all seats were general admission. Montgomery Co. played the last game and felt it would be unfair to make fans move out of those seats who may have been there for an earlier game. Therefore, you may have had some Montgomery fans who normally have reserved seats, sitting in the chair backs on the visitor's side. Question: If you don't like sitting in the chair back seats anyway, why would you care who was sitting there? :confused:

 

Like I stated earlier, one row of bleachers has been removed to create more room for the benches and the scorers table.....this is no longer an issue.

I was there for the Menifee Co. game scouting, and the Bracken Co. game. The reason I was in the chairback seats for you information is because I like to set center court and close to the floor. Not in the upper level. Is that Okay with you? Anyway back to my point both games I was at Montgomery fans were on the visitor side. I just don't think this shows much courtesy. But, that is my opinion and we all have one.

I was there for the Menifee Co. game scouting, and the Bracken Co. game. The reason I was in the chairback seats for you information is because I like to set center court and close to the floor. Not in the upper level. Is that Okay with you? Anyway back to my point both games I was at Montgomery fans were on the visitor side. I just don't think this shows much courtesy. But, that is my opinion and we all have one.

A OK with me!!!:thumb: Brother, you sit wherever you want.

 

Based on the crowd size at those two games, I'd simply say that there were probably chair back seats available and some Montgomery Co. fans chose to sit in a more comfortable seat, I don't know.

Thanks el gato. Maybe the next time I'm at the Teepee we can set and chat in the chairbacks!:thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.