Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Montgomery County Gym

Featured Replies

  • Author

If the State Fire says that the gym holds only 3600 than by law Montgomery County cannot let anymore people in. They cannot squeeze in another 1000 people or they will be breaking the law and risking people's lives. No matter how early you arrive if only 3600 can get in than what do the rest of the people do watch in on a TV in the old gym. Who wants to do that?

  • Replies 174
  • Views 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the State Fire says that the gym holds only 3600 than by law Montgomery County cannot let anymore people in. They cannot squeeze in another 1000 people or they will be breaking the law and risking people's lives. No matter how early you arrive if only 3600 can get in than what do the rest of the people do watch in on a TV in the old gym. Who wants to do that?
When you buy a car, with 4 doors...one can reasonably deduct how many it can seat, comfortably. I can squeeze more in and I usually count the total occupants myself.

 

Point being....Holding 3,600 and how many walk through the gates, are entirely differing numbers. I wouldn't want to be the clicker counter, making sure those numbers didn't go over by 1, 100 or more....:thumb:

If the State Fire says that the gym holds only 3600 than by law Montgomery County cannot let anymore people in. They cannot squeeze in another 1000 people or they will be breaking the law and risking people's lives. No matter how early you arrive if only 3600 can get in than what do the rest of the people do watch in on a TV in the old gym. Who wants to do that?

I have no idea where the figure 3600 came from, but I can assure you that is not the maximum capacity according to the State Fire Marshall. Like I said earlier, there were about 3500 there for the GRC game with several empty seats available, so the maximum capacity is definitely not 3600.

I have no idea where the figure 3600 came from, but I can assure you that is not the maximum capacity according to the State Fire Marshall. Like I said earlier, there were about 3500 there for the GRC game with several empty seats available, so the maximum capacity is definitely not 3600.

 

:thumb:

 

Again here is the seating capacity for Montgomery and the difference from Mason's.....4,200 and will be shut down when they get to 5,000. A difference of 500 people.

And don't forget that in the 10th, even teams that do not make the region tournament get a check from the net amount. That would also be lower.

Are you absolutely positive of that? This is the first I have ever heard of that and unless it is a new policy I am 100% sure that it does not happen on the girls' side. And it seems if they were going to do that on one side, they would do it on both.

Are you absolutely positive of that? This is the first I have ever heard of that and unless it is a new policy I am 100% sure that it does not happen on the girls' side. And it seems if they were going to do that on one side, they would do it on both.

After all of the expenses of hosting the tournament are taken out, the profit is split first among the participating teams. If the net profits reach a certain amount (I'm not sure what this amount is), then the remaining profit is split among all teams in the region. The reason that all girls' team don't get a share, is because the girls' tournament doesn't generate the same revenue and profit that the boys' tournament does.

How is the parking and entering and leaving the parking lot after a game at the new Montgomery County Gym? That is another thing that has always ran smoothly at The Fieldhouse(from my many experiences anyway)

How is the parking and entering and leaving the parking lot after a game at the new Montgomery County Gym? That is another thing that has always ran smoothly at The Fieldhouse(from my many experiences anyway)

Only time will tell. In addition to the football field / gym parking lot, there is a large parking lot at the Clay Center, some new parking areas at the middle school, and a large church lot all within walking distance of the gym. They have constructed a new entrance to the campus off of the by-pass, next to the Clay Center which should help improve traffic flow. There is now actually three ways to get to the campus by exiting the by-pass at three different locations. I don't think parking or traffic flow will be a major issue. The biggest issue that needs to be, and I'm sure will be addressed, is ticket sales and getting people into the gym. That was a problem at the GRC game that I'm sure will promt some changes.

There may be one reason that attendance won't be a problem next year at Montgomery. Mason will probably be so far ahead of everyone else in the region(most everyone but them loses lots of players) that games really shouldn't be that close,hence lack of interest,except for Royal fans. This year,at least Clark and Brossart are right there with them on a given night.

They could always move it to Augusta's near-500 cap. Gymnasium. ;)

 

 

Could you imagine a regional final in that gym??? WOW!

:thumb:

 

Again here is the seating capacity for Montgomery and the difference from Mason's.....4,200 and will be shut down when they get to 5,000. A difference of 500 people.

 

If the capacity is 4200 per the fire marshall then you will get shut down at 4200, not 5000.

I was in the montgomery gym for a game and not to sound biased but i really didnt like it. By looking at it i dont think there is anyway you fit 4500 people in that gym. I would not mind going to Montgomery County to watch a regional game but if I think there would be alot more people turned away then if the game was played in Maysville. And Starmayor was right Clark and Montgomery have almost identical sized gyms.

I was in the montgomery gym for a game and not to sound biased but i really didnt like it. By looking at it i dont think there is anyway you fit 4500 people in that gym. I would not mind going to Montgomery County to watch a regional game but if I think there would be alot more people turned away then if the game was played in Maysville. And Starmayor was right Clark and Montgomery have almost identical sized gyms.

Just out of curiosity, what didn't you like about it?

I was in the montgomery gym for a game and not to sound biased but i really didnt like it. By looking at it i dont think there is anyway you fit 4500 people in that gym. I would not mind going to Montgomery County to watch a regional game but if I think there would be alot more people turned away then if the game was played in Maysville. And Starmayor was right Clark and Montgomery have almost identical sized gyms.

GRC took out all the upper bleachers behind the benches to make room for classrooms and equipement. So not true.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.