Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BluegrassPreps.com Class 2A Football Rankings 9/8

Featured Replies

Class 2A
1. Beechwood
2. Owensboro Catholic
3. Mayfield
4. Lexington Christian Academy
5. Belfry
6. Hancock County
7. Somerset
8. Monroe County
9. Prestonsburg
10. Danville 

I think this is another one that is hard to argue against, so tough at the top.  And how about them Admirals!!

Am I crazy in thinking Beechwood is on a whole other level in 2A?

4 minutes ago, 83wildcatFB said:

Am I crazy in thinking Beechwood is on a whole other level in 2A?

As a Beechwood fan, yes, yes you are crazy. ?

7 minutes ago, 83wildcatFB said:

Am I crazy in thinking Beechwood is on a whole other level in 2A?

I think they’re the best team but when I think “whole other level” I think of CAL compared to the rest of 3A. I don’t think that is quite the case with Beechwood in 2A.

Just now, Astro Domino said:

I think they’re the best team but when I think “whole other level” I think of CAL compared to the rest of 3A. I don’t think that is quite the case with Beechwood in 2A.

Very well put @Astro Domino!

Nice to see the Admirals crack the top 10 again.

As bad as it pains me.. I think this is how this class kind of really looks like right now:

Beechwood

OCath   

Mayfield & LCA

 

Belfry

 

Hancock County, Somerset, Monroe County

Prestonsburg, Danville, Breathitt County, Bracken County

 

The Rest

 

 

I am not convinced Belfry has improved their glaring weaknesses from last year and if that's the case I don't see them as anything more than team who can upset you on the right night. I don't see Belfry stringing together back to back wins against the Top 5 with the weaknesses they have on defense and their propensity to turn the ball over or make devastating self inflicted mistakes.

If anyone ever doubts a head coach makes a difference, tell them to look at Danville's last 10 years.

Congrats to the Admirals!

2 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

If anyone ever doubts a head coach makes a difference, tell them to look at Danville's last 10 years.

Congrats to the Admirals!

Or how much an administration can make or break a program for that matter.

2 minutes ago, Unrivaled97 said:

Or how much an administration can make or break a program for that matter.

Sometimes administrators get jealous/have an issue with a super successful football coach and when the job finally comes open the administrator intentionally sabotages the hiring process.   

6 hours ago, DanvilleFan said:

Nice to see the Admirals crack the top 10 again.

It just feels right.

10 hours ago, DanvilleFan said:

Nice to see the Admirals crack the top 10 again.

101st season for Danville football?

New century - fresh start. Go Ads! ⚓️ 

14 hours ago, theguru said:

Sometimes administrators get jealous/have an issue with a super successful football coach and when the job finally comes open the administrator intentionally sabotages the hiring process.   

It's been spoken about at length here but I think the process to hire Peach was fine (of course why the Ads needed to do that in the first place was up for debate).  Peach is a good coach and normally would have been seen as a good hire but he walked into a really bad situation where he just was not going to get a good level of support, whether it be from administration or the community.  The terrible hiring process was what happened when he stepped down as candidates with good resumes were rejected and it was leaked early on who was going to be hired regardless.  I think that had the effect of leading to a massive administrative turnover at the district and high school level when the community got even angrier at the situation.

But hey, Danville has a new administrative team now at the district and high school level - both of which are headed by alumni - and they finally seem to be going in the right direction.  It took four years of self-inflicted turmoil to get there, though.

I am just going to leave this here.. this was my bold prediction in the 2025 Danville Admirals thread where I took the 0-11 Admirals to make a major turnaround. I am still standing firm on it! I believe in Stonebreaker.. think he is one of the better builders in the State.

 

image.png.24f27da0666f1376447a175f7d229dd6.png

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.