Should the Super Bowl be played in a Dome?

Personally, I wanted to see the most of what both teams were capable of doing on the field. I think the weather changed this game a lot (not saying it would have changed the winner) in many different aspects. If the NFL is willing to let them play outside in bad weather conditions, why not play the game up north one year and we could have another Ice Bowl. I would just like to see it always in a Dome so it will maximize the level of play on the field IMO.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought about this last night, and while it would seem ideal for situations like last night, it wouldn't give every NFL city an opportunity to host the big game, so I don't think it's a good idea.

The day Cleveland or Buffalo hosts a SB is the day I quit watching football.

it wouldn't give every NFL city an opportunity to host the big game, so I don't think it's a good idea.

Just to be fair, that opportunity doesn't exist now either.

I'm okay with it rotating between 3 or 4 warm weather spots, with Glendale, AZ and New Orleans (both dome towns) in that mix.

Just to be fair, that opportunity doesn't exist now either.

I'm okay with it rotating between 3 or 4 warm weather spots, with Glendale, AZ and New Orleans (both dome towns) in that mix.

Agreed, rotation to warm weather cities and climate, should be included....element of the game.

I believe that playing the Super Bowl in only domes and warm climates takes away from those teams in the northern part of the country who play their home games in cold and poor weather thus giving the warmer climate teams an advantage when it does come down to Super Sunday.

There has been 41 Super Bowl's last night was the first one that ever rained. I personally dont care where it is at. I like it outside more then inside mainly do to the fact football is to be played outside. A dome would give you perfect weather conditions. I like it the way it is.