Pitino vs. Smith UK Stats

Eagle 8

Oh what a short memory we have!! Tubby pulls in the #1 recruiting class in the nation just 3 short years ago. He pulled in the #3 center (Morris), #2 SG (Crawford), #24 SG (Bradley), and #6 PG (Rondo).

Not so short memory in what happened after they got here. Crawford tried to leave after experiencing Tubbyball, so did Morris and Bradley even entertained thoughts (pubically I may add) of leaving the program also. .....and oh yeah, RONDO DID LEAVE!

Need I say more??

HS recruits notice these little things. Never again will Tubby/UK ever be in the running for a top 10 HS recruit. Word of Tubbyball has spread across the country like wildfire..... they want to go to a program that will allow them to showcase their skills. That won't happen with under Tubby's system. If Kevin Durrant had been so silly to sign with Kentucky instead of UT, he'd be backup to Bobby Perry and Sherray averaging barely over 10 ppg.

Enough said.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't throw in "All" are complaining about Tubby. Here is one that is not and you will find more.

I take it you enjoy regular 10 loss seasons and early exits from the Big Dance and really get a big enjoy sitting in front of your TV watching other college programs battle for the trophy in April??........ and you're wanting me to believe you're thrilled about Tubbyball? Yeah, right. :creepy:

Not so short memory in what happened after they got here. Crawford tried to leave after experiencing Tubbyball, so did Morris and Bradley even entertained thoughts (pubically I may add) of leaving the program also. .....and oh yeah, RONDO DID LEAVE!

Need I say more??

HS recruits notice these little things. Never again will Tubby/UK ever be in the running for a top 10 HS recruit. Word of Tubbyball has spread across the country like wildfire..... they want to go to a program that will allow them to showcase their skills. That won't happen with under Tubby's system. If Kevin Durrant had been so silly to sign with Kentucky instead of UT, he'd be backup to Bobby Perry and Sherray averaging barely over 10 ppg.

Enough said.

:sleep: :sleep: Might I suggest that you get yourself a U.L. sweatshirt, hat, jacket and/or any other Cardinal wardrobe that you might want and go ahead and defect to "Rupp Arena West", U.K.'s other home court.(they would be glad to have you......maybe):D Morris and Crawford both imo thought that they were better than what they were at the time and Bradley has finally bought into Tubbys "team" system and philosophy. I don't see a lot of overwhelming talent on U.L.'s side lately so I guess the top players don't want to play in Pitino's system either.;) Have a Nice day :D

I take it you enjoy regular 10 loss seasons and early exits from the Big Dance and really get a big enjoy sitting in front of your TV watching other college programs battle for the trophy in April??........ and you're wanting me to believe you're thrilled about Tubbyball? Yeah, right. :creepy:

I'll just consider the source of this post.:rolleyes: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :lol:

Just for clarification purposes only.....I AM NOT a Louisville fan...just one that is tired of Tubbyball and the tailspin that he's put UK basketball in the past 8 years. Unlike you, I'm tired of 10 loss seasons, being ignored by top recruits, ( Brandon Wright and Hansbrough to name a few ), watching unc, Dook and Florida play for the national championship instead of UK, team turmoils, watching great in-state talent go elsewhere (can you say Chris Lofton?..and now Bud Mackey ), Tubby Smith post game shows ( where the only positive is hoping he completes a sentence ), and a divided fanbase. Also, I'm tire of just 'hoping' UK will win against 'any' opponent instead of the good 'ol days when we were EXPECTED to win. Tubbyball has destroyed those hopes.

TUBBY....TUBBY....TUBBY.....TUBBY!

I am not getting involved with the Pitinio/Tubby stats junk, I am just going to support Tubby Smith as long as he is head coach at UK, because thats what good UK fans should do. There are many schools around the country that would love to have him, and just because parity in college basketball causes Kentucky to come back to Earth along with many other schools, it doesn't mean Cats fans have a right to bash the heck out of Tubby. The national champion this year will probably have 5-7 losses, and its because parity in college basketball is here. It is tougher to win today than it ever has, so how about we support Coach Smith as long as he is here, and not try to bring him and the program down. This will be my only post in this forum, so don't try to argue with me, this is just my opinion.

:thumb: :thumb: Great post!! We need more fans like you.

Just for clarification purposes only.....I AM NOT a Louisville fan...just one that is tired of Tubbyball and the tailspin that he's put UK basketball in the past 8 years. Unlike you, I'm tired of 10 loss seasons, being ignored by top recruits, ( Brandon Wright and Hansbrough to name a few ), watching unc, Dook and Florida play for the national championship instead of UK, team turmoils, watching great in-state talent go elsewhere (can you say Chris Lofton?..and now Bud Mackey ), Tubby Smith post game shows ( where the only positive is hoping he completes a sentence ), and a divided fanbase. Also, I'm tire of just 'hoping' UK will win against 'any' opponent instead of the good 'ol days when we were EXPECTED to win. Tubbyball has destroyed those hopes.

Tubby Smith is an excellent coach and UK is fortunate to have him!!! ;)

:sleep: :sleep: Might I suggest that you get yourself a U.L. sweatshirt, hat, jacket and/or any other Cardinal wardrobe that you might want and go ahead and defect to "Rupp Arena West", U.K.'s other home court.(they would be glad to have you......maybe)

This crap drives me up the walls. Someone can't criticize a coach who gets paid MILLIONS OF DOLLARS TO WIN BASKETBALL GAMES??

Just because people criticize Tubby, doesn't mean they aren't "real UK fans."

Its hilarious on here. Either you hate everything Tubby does or you'd love him even if he went 0-30. There is a middle ground, and Tubby has some clear flaws. Don't trounce people for pointing them out.

This crap drives me up the walls. Someone can't criticize a coach who gets paid MILLIONS OF DOLLARS TO WIN BASKETBALL GAMES??

Its hilarious on here. Either you hate everything Tubby does or you'd love him even if he went 0-30. There is a middle ground, and Tubby has some clear flaws. Don't trounce people for pointing them out.

:thumb: :thumb:

If you hate losing, you're not a true UK fan.:sssh:

Right you are, mobaar. Funny how every time someone disagrees with Tubby's recruiting or team play, they're automatically labeled as not being a UK fan. Tubby supporters find it difficult to post facts about why Tubby is a great hire for Kentucky, other than the obvious that he is a good guy, which I totally agree. Heck, Jimmy Carter was a great guy, but a terrible President. I feel the same toward Tuby....great guy, terrible fit for UK basketball. I've posted numbers and FACTS why he isn't getting the job done. Instead of posters slamming me for supposedly 'not' being a UK fan, I wish they'd post numbers and facts to prove me wrong. I'll be waiting.

You mean the time of year where UK has played itself in to the middle of the pack??? :D

If UK's 5 losses make them middle of the pack, so be it. I see Duke's 4 losses are going to keep them in the top 15 like I'm sure they will still be after the loss this week. Then they will lose again next week to UNC and make them 5 and be in the top 20. Interesting....

If UK's 5 losses make them middle of the pack, so be it. I see Duke's 4 losses are going to keep them in the top 15 like I'm sure they will still be after the loss this week. Then they will lose again next week to UNC and make them 5 and be in the top 20. Interesting....

:cry: :cry: :p

Just for clarification, I didn't now who the poster was a fan of. So That is wrong. I have said many times on here that like all fans I question some of Tubby's moves - mostly in the recruiting dept. and some of the decisions and/or misses there, with the exception of this years freshmen class. I happen to believe that Tubby is an excellent coach and that U.K. could do a lot worse in that coaching dept., a lot worse. I "trounce" as you call it on people for bashing Tubby bc they are doing the same thing in bashing him and "trouncing" on posters supporting him. I guess that is o.k. though.:rolleyes: I post my opinions and others post theirs. Sometimes there is a debate and sometimes there is not. No Problem (at least not with me).

I haven't entered this thread yet, but allow me to offer this: It seems to be a perception that Pitino is an up-tempo (read high-scoring) and Tubby is a slow down (read low scoring) coach. I know it's just one game, but UK scored 52 points in the second half today, one fewer than UL scored the whole game. :sssh: