Pitino vs. Smith UK Stats

Eagle 8

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thread for what ?

Everybody on here knows how much better Rick was than Tubbs'. Tubby lover/hater or Pitino lover/hater...It doesn't matter. Everyone knows.

Key word WAS. DOnt believe its true now...Rick isnt doing much over at U of L

Really? Tubby did good with Bogans, Prince, Hawkins, Fitch, Daniels, Hayes, and Moss. Thats 7 players in 10 years. That doesn't cut it.

I think he's a phenomenal X's and O's coach, but I don't know how much he has past that.

He undoubtedly has trouble recruiting, and if you think he's good and getting guys to play as a team I don't know what you're on. He's so bad at it that he brought in a shrink last year.

And getting the most out of players? I can think of MAYBE 10 guys in his 10 seasons that he's gotten the most out of, and 1 a year won't cut it.

I think it all stems from his lack of charisma. He doesn't seem to be able to get in the heads of top tier players. He can't connect with them on their level.

If he could pull in a good up and coming coach for an assistant, he may be able to overcome his own shortcomings, but he hasn't done that.

As far as the comment about getting the most from his players, here's my thought...Everyone says he's totally unable to recruit the top notch players, which I agreed with. Therefore,he's taking the 2nd tier players and winning an average of 27 games a year...It takes alot more than simply Xs and Os ability to do that, so, maybe, i should have said, he gets the most out of his teams ability and not put it on an individual player so much..