Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How big of an obstacle is the money in hiring a new coach at Cov. Cath?

Featured Replies

A bit of a side topic on the Cov. Cath. football coach search.

 

If there aren't some additional names besides the ones mentioned here on BGP then I would think money is playing a huge factor in who is and who is not applying.

 

Lets face it from a competitive standpoint Cov. Cath. is an elite program in the state and some, including Guru, feels that it could eventually be the 100 pount gorilla of NKY prep football. However, Wirth, Acito Roedig, McArthy, etc, while they all might be exceptional coaches who just need an opportunity are not exactly the who's who one would expect to be discussed for this position.

 

So why aren't bigger named guys being floated as possibilities?

 

Does Cov. Cath. have no fat cat boosters/alums who might be able to make up some of the compensation?

  • Replies 36
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

 

Does Cov. Cath. have no fat cat boosters/alums who might be able to make up some of the compensation?

 

If the Boosters gave the H FB Coach an additional chunk of money, they should do it for all their coaches.

 

I agree that CCH has an elite program, but let's not forget that they have elite programs in basketball, baseball (KYs all time winning coach), golf, soccer, swimming, and the list goes on....

 

Before you know it, they would be giving tens of thousands of dollars to these coaches and the kids and the programs would suffer! That money is for the kids.

 

Do I think that they should be creative in paying coaches? ABSOLUTELY.

 

I just have a hard time thinking that Bingo Night is going to aid the coaching stipends.

I will also mention that these two factors may prevent some coaches from applying:

 

 

 

1. The names of applicants being blasted all over the papers and message boards.

 

2. Following a state championship year that loses a ton of seniors and plays a monster schedule next year.

What is the pay? I think that all highschool coaches are under paid.

OB - the answer is "yes."

How big of a factor was money in previous coach leaving?

OB - the answer is "yes."

 

To which question?

Does Cov. Cath. have no fat cat boosters/alums who might be able to make up some of the compensation?

 

 

We were hoping somebody from Ft. Thomas would step up and help out. A better coach and better team at CovCath would do nothing but help the Birds in their quest to play high quality competition and have them ready for the postseason. After all, having the most athletic team he's ever coached year in, year out can only take Mueller and the Birds so far.

We were hoping somebody from Ft. Thomas would step up and help out. A better coach and better team at CovCath would do nothing but help the Birds in their quest to play high quality competition and have them ready for the postseason. After all, having the most athletic team he's ever coached year in, year out can only take Mueller and the Birds so far.

 

 

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Henry, I believe that there will be some talk in Bracken Co. tommorrow about the vacant coaching position at CovCath. We don't have a walk coming up so I guess we will have to decide down on the farm. I hope that they wait until we have a chance to talk about who we would like to coach them.
To which question?

 

"Is money an obstacle?"

I would say that money is an obstacle, but the biggest obstacle is the Kentucky Teacher Retirement System. Any coach who has been paying into this system for a long period of time cannot justify leaving a public school.

Henry, I believe that there will be some talk in Bracken Co. tommorrow about the vacant coaching position at CovCath. We don't have a walk coming up so I guess we will have to decide down on the farm. I hope that they wait until we have a chance to talk about who we would like to coach them.

 

Isn't Feb 2 the deadline? You'll have to call in your nomination before midnight.:lol:

After all, having the most athletic team he's ever coached year in, year out can only take Mueller and the Birds so far.

That sounds familiar.:D

I would say that money is an obstacle, but the biggest obstacle is the Kentucky Teacher Retirement System. Any coach who has been paying into this system for a long period of time cannot justify leaving a public school.

 

This is what I would figure to have the biggest impact on whether a coach would choose between a public or private school. I can't see too many younger coaches wanting to buy into that package but I could see an older coach wanting to take that on. Ideally someone that has retired from the public schools, already has retirement and then can continue teaching/coaching in the private schools.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.