Marshall Moses to OK STATE

Sportz Addict

To say that MM has the athleticism of Vince Carter is a little extravagant. He's definitely above average but nowhere near the top (and yes I have seen his dunk videos) That said, I do think this could possibly be a blunder by the UK staff. He seems like a GREAT kid and loves UK. The only thing I have questions about is if he is that good!!! Noone seems to know how he is doing this season besides his first game where he scored like 50. That and his uncertainty with his grades. I also heard that he didn't even take the SAT this past Saturday as he was scheduled like someone mentioned earlier. These facts I believe warrant our trust for the UK staff (for now). But if it is found out that he has all of his grades in line and is a superstar, then an all- out tongue lashing needs to take place.

How would could Tubby know then he is going to magically qualify??? Nothing wrong with this. We need all the help we can get ON THE FLOOR. No reason to give a kid a scholly when we don't know if he will even play.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This Wildcat fan certainly will. I am sure there is more to the story than what we know. Do you honestly think Tubby turned him down simply because he wanted to? Until all the facts are clear as to why he was turned away ( and we may never hear the whole story) It is hard to pass judgement. I will rely on the decision of OTS because it is a fact he knows more about the Moses situation than you or I.

Yes I think something is up and as I said before if it's grades then why didn't Tubby want to try and help him through it, be encouraging instead of backing off. Look what happened to Alleyne, we kept him till he actually flunked out. I'm sure he didn't go from straight A's to straight F's over night. I'm sure it's something more than grades.

Yes I think something is up and as I said before if it's grades then why didn't Tubby want to try and help him through it, be encouraging instead of backing off. Look what happened to Alleyne, we kept him till he actually flunked out. I'm sure he didn't go from straight A's to straight F's over night. I'm sure it's something more than grades.

If the kid is not yet qualified and he blew off his SAT test this Sat, it speaks volumes. You want Tubby to "help him through it", but the kid has to be willing to help himself.

I'll give Tubby and Co the benefit of the doubt on this one. As a matter of fact, considering the pressure to recruit better the staff is under, I'll give them an extra pat on the back for using their head and not taking on another project when the temptation had to be there.

I wish Moses the best, but just given the few facts we know, I think we are better off taking a wait and see approach with him, even though it meant he signed with another school.

If the kid is not yet qualified and he blew off his SAT test this Sat, it speaks volumes. You want Tubby to "help him through it", but the kid has to be willing to help himself.

I'll give Tubby and Co the benefit of the doubt on this one. As a matter of fact, considering the pressure to recruit better the staff is under, I'll give them an extra pat on the back for using their head and not taking on another project when the temptation had to be there.

I wish Moses the best, but just given the few facts we know, I think we are better off taking a wait and see approach with him, even though it meant he signed with another school.

:thumb:

Its official..... after Tubby turned him down for the 4th or 5th time (visit) he has commited to OK State. A 4 star recruit who is said to have the athleticism of a Vince Carter. Really leaves a lot of UK fans scratching their heads. It looks like Tubby is putting all his eggs in one basket on Patterson. I honestly don't know what we will do if we don't get Patterson.

What is his size and is he a fit for their need as a power forward or does the description of athleticism of a Vince Carter mean he is another wing player?

If Moses isn't qualified Tubby can't offer any kind of assistance until he is enrolled at UK. Otherwise, that would be a recruiting violation. The difference with Alleyne is he was qualified out of high school, so he was enrolled in the university. At that point if the player is struggling the coach can provide assistance.

What is his size and is he a fit for their need as a power forward or does the description of athleticism of a Vince Carter mean he is another wing player?

He's a 6'8" combo PF/SF who is very athletic. His skill set from what I've seen and read is full of potential, but still somewhat raw.

Wasn't Rashaad Curruth a 4-star player? What about Rodrick Rhodes? How did those two turn out?

I don't care what anyone says, Carruth was good. He was one of the best on the team during his stay, his troubles got him out of school, not his playing ability. If Tubby could have kept him in check then he would maybe have made it into the league.

I don't care what anyone says, Carruth was good. He was one of the best on the team during his stay, his troubles got him out of school, not his playing ability. If Tubby could have kept him in check then he would maybe have made it into the league.

Yeah it was all Tubby's fault.:rolleyes: Nevermind the fact that Carruth has gotten kicked out of 2 or 3 other colleges since then....

You keep talking about tutors and advisors and such, but you can't get those for him if he doesn't qualify to play. There was a reason he was taking his ACT or SAT again this past weekend.

To clarify on my comment about the Big12 accepting partials and the SEC not.....I mean as far as being eligible to play. From what I've heard Moses would qualify to get into UK as a partial qualifer, but the conference doesn't allow partial qualfiers to play sports, whereas the Big12 does. Could be way off, but that's what I've heard.

I've heard that same thing.