Marshall Moses to OK STATE

Sportz Addict

Its official..... after Tubby turned him down for the 4th or 5th time (visit) he has commited to OK State. A 4 star recruit who is said to have the athleticism of a Vince Carter. Really leaves a lot of UK fans scratching their heads. It looks like Tubby is putting all his eggs in one basket on Patterson. I honestly don't know what we will do if we don't get Patterson.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its official..... after Tubby turned him down for the 4th or 5th time (visit) he has commited to OK State. A 4 star recruit who is said to have the athleticism of a Vince Carter. Really leaves a lot of UK fans scratching their heads. It looks like Tubby is putting all his eggs in one basket on Patterson. I honestly don't know what we will do if we don't get Patterson.

And the Tubby lovers will probably defend him on this one too!

Absolutely..... BUT if he can get into OK State... he could get into UK.

:thumb:

No reason for UK not to get him. I mean grades can't be the reason because hey we kept Alleyene till he actually flunked out.

If UK is hiding something then it must be on their part, or at least I think it is. Only time will tell whether or not Tubby lucked out in not recruiting him or will it come back to bite him in the butt!

Absolutely..... BUT if he can get into OK State... he could get into UK.

Not necessarily true....I understand that the Big12 accepts partial qualifyers while the SEC does not.

I also question why everyone feels this kid was that great. I think he would have been a great help don't get me wrong, but seriously, he's athletic, so is AJ Stewart. Stewart has said his true position is the 4 by the way, and is already working on putting on 20-25 pounds to get up to around 240 for next season.

My point is there is a reason that this kid wasn't getting that much attention, whether it be grades, ability or what, I reserve judgement on the situation until the full story is disclosed.

I've touched on this a lot in other threads. I think we truely missed out on a great talent, and someone who was passionate about wanting to play for Kentucky (a rarity among prospects this day and age). He passed all qualifiers he needed too, and with help from tutors, advisors, etc, I see no reason as to why grades would be an issue. If your a star player, surely you can get some help in the classroom. I know a lot of people will defend this move for Tubby practically packing his bags for him to Ok. St, but in the end I think Tubby's the loser and Mr. Sutton will be the winner in this one. Sutton I'm sure is ready to get Tubbs on the phone just to tell him thanks.

I've touched on this a lot in other threads. I think we truely missed out on a great talent, and someone who was passionate about wanting to play for Kentucky (a rarity among prospects this day and age). He passed all qualifiers he needed too, and with help from tutors, advisors, etc, I see no reason as to why grades would be an issue. If your a star player, surely you can get some help in the classroom. I know a lot of people will defend this move for Tubby practically packing his bags for him to Ok. St, but in the end I think Tubby's the loser and Mr. Sutton will be the winner in this one. Sutton I'm sure is ready to get Tubbs on the phone just to tell him thanks.

You keep talking about tutors and advisors and such, but you can't get those for him if he doesn't qualify to play. There was a reason he was taking his ACT or SAT again this past weekend.

To clarify on my comment about the Big12 accepting partials and the SEC not.....I mean as far as being eligible to play. From what I've heard Moses would qualify to get into UK as a partial qualifer, but the conference doesn't allow partial qualfiers to play sports, whereas the Big12 does. Could be way off, but that's what I've heard.

To clarify on my comment about the Big12 accepting partials and the SEC not.....I mean as far as being eligible to play. From what I've heard Moses would qualify to get into UK as a partial qualifer, but the conference doesn't allow partial qualfiers to play sports, whereas the Big12 does. Could be way off, but that's what I've heard.

We may have conflicting stories then because I've read that he is a full qualifier, if not was going to be after this past weekend. I've heard getting into UK and being eligible by the SEC was not an issue. Could be wrong, I'll try to find these articles.

Not true at all. The kid hasn't even gone through the NCAA Clearinghouse yet. He still needs to take his SAT as well.

You keep talking about tutors and advisors and such, but you can't get those for him if he doesn't qualify to play. There was a reason he was taking his ACT or SAT again this past weekend.

Heard he did not take them this weekend

Basically UK has picked up their effort in recruiting Pettigrew, so it's natural that they would back off Moses. Stewart is going to play the 4 at UK, and Moses would have come in and played the 3. Now that UK has started recruiting Pettigrew harder, who will play the 3 in college, they backed off Moses. Time will tell if it was the right decision, but Moses had some academic issues that he needs to work out and obviously UK didn't want to wait around for him to do so.

Basically UK has picked up their effort in recruiting Pettigrew, so it's natural that they would back off Moses. Stewart is going to play the 4 at UK, and Moses would have come in and played the 3. Now that UK has started recruiting Pettigrew harder, who will play the 3 in college, they backed off Moses. Time will tell if it was the right decision, but Moses had some academic issues that he needs to work out and obviously UK didn't want to wait around for him to do so.

:thumb: :thumb: