Marshall Moses to OK STATE

Sportz Addict

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it was all Tubby's fault.:rolleyes: Nevermind the fact that Carruth has gotten kicked out of 2 or 3 other colleges since then....

I'm not saying it was all Tubby's fault, all I am saying is it seemed as if he didn't really even try to work with him but instead practically just told him to get out. I think that if he would have put more emphasis on getting Carruth some help and at least gave him another chance that he could have straightened up his act. Again, this may not have happened, but fact of the matter is after being at UK, Carruth arrived at other schools thinking he was larger than the school its self. Kids that don't get help when they first start out tend to further degenerate, this is what happened to Carruth, IMO.

I'm not saying it was all Tubby's fault, all I am saying is it seemed as if he didn't really even try to work with him but instead practically just told him to get out. I think that if he would have put more emphasis on getting Carruth some help and at least gave him another chance that he could have straightened up his act. Again, this may not have happened, but fact of the matter is after being at UK, Carruth arrived at other schools thinking he was larger than the school its self. Kids that don't get help when they first start out tend to further degenerate, this is what happened to Carruth, IMO.

Or kids that screw up and dont get help, then realize they screwed up and try to make the best of things instead of digging the hole deeper.

All I can say about this is WOW! Moses coach talks about how he is overrated.

http://www.kentucky.com/mld/kentucky/sports/16590587.htm

“If I’m coaching Kentucky, I’d have to believe I could get better players,” said Terry Truax, who coaches Moses at Patterson Prep in Lenoir, N.C. “I wouldn’t worry if I was a Kentucky fan or supporter. Only time will tell, and I hope I’m wrong for the kid’s sake and Oklahoma State’s sake.”

Moses has problems with his academics and in not always playing with effort, Truax said.

“Marshall, right now, is very overrated,” the coach said.

Wonder if this was expressed to Tubby by the coach. Shocking to say the least, especially while you are still coaching the kid.

“If I’m coaching Kentucky, I’d have to believe I could get better players,” said Terry Truax, who coaches Moses at Patterson Prep in Lenoir, N.C. “I wouldn’t worry if I was a Kentucky fan or supporter. Only time will tell, and I hope I’m wrong for the kid’s sake and Oklahoma State’s sake.”

Moses has problems with his academics and in not always playing with effort, Truax said.

Wonder if this was expressed to Tubby by the coach. Shocking to say the least, especially while you are still coaching the kid.

Sounds like the rest of the story is surfacing...

Well Carruth must have alot of problems that need more than just a little bit of help then. Because most kids after getting kicked off of one team, would have learned that they are not bigger than the school, and would have been better at the next school. Instead of getting kicked out of another school again...

And the truth! The truth shall set you free!!!

What is his size and is he a fit for their need as a power forward or does the description of athleticism of a Vince Carter mean he is another wing player?

6'7" 230. He would be a 3/4 player. But like Carter he has the athletic ability to make something happen at anytime with the ball. I don't know if you guys know who Josh Smith is.. but he is a clone practically. Although, we will see how he does on center stage.

6'7" 230. He would be a 3/4 player. But like Carter he has the athletic ability to make something happen at anytime with the ball. I don't know if you guys know who Josh Smith is.. but he is a clone practically. Although, we will see how he does on center stage.

Moses is athletic, but no way is he like Smith. Smith is a freak of nature and I cant imagine him at the college level. I cant say I imagine Moses at the pro level right now.