Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

1st round playoff forfeits

Featured Replies

My guess is yes there will be more. I’d say around a handful. 

Fulton co to NE Jefferson Co is a BROODLE haul!   4 hours 15 Mins one way.  How many kids are the Pilots fielding this year?   I don't blame them for the forfeit.

 

14 hours ago, Stepchild68 said:

Fulton co to NE Jefferson Co is a BROODLE haul!   4 hours 15 Mins one way.  How many kids are the Pilots fielding this year?   I don't blame them for the forfeit.

 

They have 25 players listed. Last year they was the 3 seed and played KCD. 

14 hours ago, Stepchild68 said:

Fulton co to NE Jefferson Co is a BROODLE haul!   4 hours 15 Mins one way.  How many kids are the Pilots fielding this year?   I don't blame them for the forfeit.

 

I can't blame them either. That is a long drive when we all know the outcome. 

3 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

What is the penalty for forfeiting a game?

I’m not sure there is one.  I will say that at least they did it over a week in advance of the game.  If it were me, I’d be way more ticked if a team forfeited game week after we spent part of the week preparing.  KCD gets a bye & chance to rest heading into playoffs.  In a way, they did KCD a favor.

I am not sure about expenses or how they are handled for the playoffs but travel like that is a very big expense for a small district like Fulton Co too.  I would dare say that trip could be well over $1000 and if that has to come from the football program they may simply not have it.

 

Not sure $1000 would touch it.  

Fulton Co has had a ton of injuries per the WPSD sports guy.  I think they are down to 17 players or less. 

7 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

What is the penalty for forfeiting a game?

I don't think there are any penalties in the playoffs provided that you forfeit before the official release of the brackets, which should be Saturday morning. If you forfeit after the release of the brackets, then you have to drop out of district play for the remainder of the cycle (although the cycle ends this year so I don't know if the same punishment would apply).

Considering the brackets aren't officially released but almost everyone knows their first round game, I suspect we could see a couple more announcements this week. Last year Ballard Memorial, Berea, and Trimble County all forfeited first round playoff games in Class 1A, but there were none in the five larger classes.

3 hours ago, BEChargers said:

Not sure $1000 would touch it.  

 

3 hours ago, Stepchild68 said:

I am not sure about expenses or how they are handled for the playoffs but travel like that is a very big expense for a small district like Fulton Co too.  I would dare say that trip could be well over $1000 and if that has to come from the football program they may simply not have it.

 

You would have over 1k in fuel for your bus. They get about 8mpg and diesel isn't cheap.

On 10/29/2024 at 8:56 AM, gchs_uk9 said:

I don't think there are any penalties in the playoffs provided that you forfeit before the official release of the brackets, which should be Saturday morning. If you forfeit after the release of the brackets, then you have to drop out of district play for the remainder of the cycle (although the cycle ends this year so I don't know if the same punishment would apply).

Considering the brackets aren't officially released but almost everyone knows their first round game, I suspect we could see a couple more announcements this week. Last year Ballard Memorial, Berea, and Trimble County all forfeited first round playoff games in Class 1A, but there were none in the five larger classes.

Yes, there were, I know Pendleton County dropped out in 3A for sure, 

58 minutes ago, Colonel 17 said:

Yes, there were, I know Pendleton County dropped out in 3A for sure, 

Thanks. Overlooked that one.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.