Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Should "Super Bowl Sunday" be a national holiday?

Featured Replies

No way Super Bowl Sunday can be a national holiday if Halloween isn't.

  • Replies 33
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually getting up, and going to work, talking about the Super Bowl on Monday is fun...BUT, there are 5 days that I do make little attempt to work, if at all, due to sports...

 

1 & 2 - Opening two days of the tournament

3 & 4 - Half days generally, The Masters

5 - Oaks Day

The Super Bowl is a Great sporting event but Holiday??? I say NO. I don't think that it ranks anywhere close to Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, Memorial Day, Veterans day and the like.

Congratulations oldrambler on an exact 7000 posts. Any words of thanks or thoughts on your first 7000 posts?

I wish it was Super Bowl Saturday.

I like that idea, too. Especially since they've gone back to the two week break between the last game.

I always treat it as a holiday. Last year for sure. "here we go Steelers, here we go!!! :ylsuper:

Just change Super Bowl Sunday to Super Bowl Monday and make that Monday the holiday.

Monday is always a holiday for me since I take off work.

 

I like your style with no class monday, I can't wait.

We're off school the next day....:dancingpa

  • Author
We're off school the next day....:dancingpa

Where do you go to school?

Where do you go to school?

Bishop Brossart High School.... Supposedly a "Teacher In-Service" Day...

Bishop Brossart High School.... Supposedly a "Teacher In-Service" Day...

Good timing.:dancingpa They never did that when I went there.:mad:

  • Author
Good timing.:dancingpa They never did that when I went there.:mad:

:lol:

I set up my schedule at work so I didn't work Sundays and Mondays specifically for this reason...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.