Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Should "Super Bowl Sunday" be a national holiday?

Featured Replies

I've already got vacation time in for the Thursday and Friday of the beginning of the NCAA tournament. I'll probably be skipping class as well. I've heard a statistic that those two days have the greatest percentage of "sick days" used in office every year.

 

 

As to the particular topic of this thread, no. I've never really gotten into all the hoopla that surrounds the SB. This year I won't be watching anything other than the commericals.

  • Replies 33
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The absolute best days of the year without a doubt are the first weekend of the NCAA basketball. It's almost like Utopia...:lol: ... you go to your house and turn on the tv, basketball, get in the car and turn on the radio, basketball, go out to eat and there is a tv in the corner tuned to, basketball! And then, when you go home at midnight and think its all over... You can watch the highlights on SportsCenter! YES! I love it!:lol:

 

But the Monday after Super Bowl Sunday should definately be a holiday...

Saw a poll on ESPN.com and out of 120,000+ votes 58% says yes and 42% says no.

 

I voted no just because it's on a sunday usually around 6pm, what's the sense of making it a national holiday?

Those 120,000+ are generally all sports fans to begin with so they're going to be saying yes just because they enjoy football. Granted I LOVE the Superbowl but it obviously shouldn't be a National Holiday. Not that I would complain if it was...

The absolute best days of the year without a doubt are the first weekend of the NCAA basketball. It's almost like Utopia...:lol: ... you go to your house and turn on the tv, basketball, get in the car and turn on the radio, basketball, go out to eat and there is a tv in the corner tuned to, basketball! And then, when you go home at midnight and think its all over... You can watch the highlights on SportsCenter! YES! I love it!:lol:

 

But the Monday after Super Bowl Sunday should definately be a holiday...

The cool thing is, in reality it is a whole FOUR days of solid basketball...does that rock or what?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.