Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Paducah Tilghman 41 Mayfield 10

Featured Replies

The Tornado take care of business at War Memorial. 

 

 

Final per the update thread.  Seems to be about what most expected. 

1 hour ago, DevilMayCare said:

The Tornado take care of business at War Memorial. 

The game definitely wasn’t a thing of beauty.Sloopy play from both teams.

 

 

Have to appreciate the heart shown from the Cardinals, the score may not reflect how hard they fought in this one but I enjoyed watching it.

Just now, TheBallCoach said:

Have to appreciate the heart shown from the Cardinals, the score may not reflect how hard they fought in this one but I enjoyed watching it.

Same, I was impressed by Mayfield. 

14-0 at halftime, but the defense could only hold them out the endzone so many times. Offensive just isn't consistent enough, but you can see they are getting closer. Mayfield plays each game this hard going forward, from first whistle to last, that raw talent will start to produce.  

1 hour ago, WHO'S NEXT? said:

14-0 at halftime, but the defense could only hold them out the endzone so many times. Offensive just isn't consistent enough, but you can see they are getting closer. Mayfield plays each game this hard going forward, from first whistle to last, that raw talent will start to produce.  

The offense seemed to have more chemistry, consistency, and a faster pace with the backup in.   

5 hours ago, Neno said:

The offense seemed to have more chemistry, consistency, and a faster pace with the backup in.   

The kid brings a different talent to the team than Robbins. I like Robbins and this kid, Robbins seems to have a stronger arm but the kid is more mobile.

I thought Mayfield got out athleted by PT. Too much speed spread out on the field, offensively and defensively. This game could have easily been 35-21 or in that vicinity but Mayfield either shot themselves in the foot or PT just bowed up and stopped Mayfield. 21-7 and Mayfield stops PT and PT does a fake punt and comes up with it and scores. Mayfield intercepts the ball and fumbles on the 2. All in all , I was impressed by Mayfield and think they will be a very hard out in 2A. As for PT I was impressed by  their speed and I thought they were more disciplined than a lot of PTs teams I've seen in the past. And I thought they had a very good defense.  

This score shocks me. Mayfield will rebound I’m sure. But question is this the worst home loss in some time?

The score is not indicative of how the game was played. We did a lot of growing up last night. We have some real talent, but they just need some playing time. PT is stupid good. Can they beat Boyle Co? Hopefully we will all get to find that out.

1 hour ago, Bac2369 said:

This score shocks me. Mayfield will rebound I’m sure. But question is this the worst home loss in some time?

Yes it is the worst home lose in some time. 
But the score shouldn’t shock you considering what was said in the prediction thread. 

Paducah is on another level with this current team. They could realistically running clock every team remaining on their schedule and probably will. 
 

Mayfield will be fine. 

Cards played tough for 2.5 quarters.  PT just had too many horses.  The most impressive thing to me was their organic pass rush.  Mayfield was going to have to sprinkle in some deep shots (PT played alot of 1 and/or zero coverage), but the QB didn't have time to throw because of the pressure.  After that game, I'm not sure I see PT as a state championship caliber team.  They are really talented, but still very undisciplined.  I was surprised once they took a 2 score lead they didn't start trying to run the ball.  But they kept passing well into the 4th quarter, and I even remember the starting QB scrambling and taking hits towards the end of the game.  Just didn't seem smart to me.

Mayfield certainly has some work to do.  They did play hard, and had chances to stay in the game and steal the momentum, but they couldn't ever capitalize.  This is a young team, game rep and leadership wise, and they will continue to get better each week.  I think their defense is pretty darn good.  Outside of the run game, offensively they are pretty bad.  And that seems to be their biggest hiccup right now.  Ball security has been an issue as well.  The schedule gets more manageable moving forward.  I'm hoping to see improvement each week.

Congrats PT big win for them. Tough loss for Mayfield they have a chance to bounce back from it against Mccracken this week. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.