Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lincoln County 42 Danville 0

Featured Replies

Lincoln County beats Danville for the first time since 1988 (excepting an early 2000s forfeit).  Levi Rogers is also the first Lincoln County coach to start his career there 3-0 since 1988.

Danville's losing streak goes to 15.  They've been running clock'd twice and have been outscored 132-13.

Danville is in desperate need of finding an offensive identity.  Special teams remains arguably the best piece of their game but after decent kickoff or punt returns (moreso the former) they can't move the ball.  IMO they need to get Trinden Sellers the ball as much as possible in whatever ways they can.  He appears to be the one playmaker they have.  Defensively, the Ads can get a few good stops in a series but they cannot force punts very much through three games.  And their run defense is surrendering well over 200 yards a game right now.

Next week Danville will travel to Mercer County (2-1).  Lincoln will host Bourbon County (0-2 going into tonight), coached by former Lincoln assistant Bret Baierlein.

 

Ouch!  Not going to get any better next week.

  • Author
1 minute ago, Paul Dean said:

Ouch!  Not going to get any better next week.

Maybe I'm just bad luck because I've watched/listened to all 15 of these losses.

I’ve been saying for years Coach Rogers embodies Lincoln football.  They have taken advantage of favorable schedule, and building momentum in Stanford @ 3&0! 

Seeing this score and knowing Knox Central beat Somerset tonight that means Leslie County might be only chance Danville has at getting a win. 

I never thought I would say this but Danville has no speed. They look like a JV team. 

43 minutes ago, Statsdontlie said:

I never thought I would say this but Danville has no speed. They look like a JV team. 

That is really sad. 

Congratulations to Lincoln County! 
 

Now, for Danville. Hard to imagine there won’t be a shake up in the off-season if this continues? 

I thought last years Danville team was bad. I was wrong. Is it possible that Danville football will soon be forgotten? 

What sucks is there is actually talent in this Danville class but they’re playing for other schools. Braidin Baughman is probably Mercer’s best player and he transferred from Danville. We all know how good Damauriah Brown is for Boyle County. And I can only imagine who else is playing elsewhere. I mean even C/o 24 Boyle County QB Sage Dawson started at Danville. The administrators are driving this program into the ground with their decision making.

54 minutes ago, BBN_34 said:

What sucks is there is actually talent in this Danville class but they’re playing for other schools. Braidin Baughman is probably Mercer’s best player and he transferred from Danville. We all know how good Damauriah Brown is for Boyle County. And I can only imagine who else is playing elsewhere. I mean even C/o 24 Boyle County QB Sage Dawson started at Danville. The administrators are driving this program into the ground with their decision making.

Paul Mcclure, Clifton Yocum, Jakeem Ray, Demauriah Brown all went to Boyle. Braidin Baughman and Gavin Rodriguez went to Mercer. 

On 9/7/2024 at 11:58 AM, BBN_34 said:

What sucks is there is actually talent in this Danville class but they’re playing for other schools. Braidin Baughman is probably Mercer’s best player and he transferred from Danville. We all know how good Damauriah Brown is for Boyle County. And I can only imagine who else is playing elsewhere. I mean even C/o 24 Boyle County QB Sage Dawson started at Danville. The administrators are driving this program into the ground with their decision making.

Hopefully some things are shaken up or changed administratively. It’s never good when this happens. It’s happened with plenty of other schools unfortunately. 

  • Author
3 hours ago, hrcarrier said:

Hopefully some things are shaken up or changed administratively. It’s never good when this happens. It’s happened with plenty of other schools unfortunately. 

Well, there has been a shake up before this school year.  The high school has a new admin team and there has been a shake up at central office.  Whether that means there will be changes from that which filter into athletics remains to be seen.

Watched the game on youtube yesterday.  I'm just not sure Danville wins a game again this year.  @Statsdontlieis right, they look like a JV team.  A bad JV team at that.  Danville loses to a team they've not lost to in 36 years and lose to them 42 points.  A Lincoln team that is not very good itself.  The same weekend Boyle beats the #1 team in Ohio that has won the biggest class in Ohio for the last 3 years.  I'm just not sure how Danville stops the hemorrhaging.  

Kids want to win. They are going to go where they will win. That’s just the reality. I hate that Danville loses kids but to me as a fan of the Ads they accepted mediocrity a few years ago and this is the result. Not saying the current administration has and that the players have because I know they are giving their time and effort. I just see a trend if there isn’t a change their talent will keep going elsewhere. This is a perfect example of a good hire, Rogers has already in three games turned Lincoln around. Kudos to Lincoln, now Danville needs to play the right cards and get that program back to where it belongs. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.