Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

McRoberts...legendary?

Featured Replies

I remember him being a pretty good passer too, that's why I brought him up.

  • Replies 112
  • Views 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
McRoberts is a better basketball player than TH from UNC. TH is a bull and is very good but McRoberts has more skill and IMO will have a better pro career. While an individual player will be better than McRoberts in an individual category (or maybe 2), not many are better at all phases of the game.

 

As a UK fan, I'll say this: There is no UK player that is better than McRoberts.

 

Not even the best big man in the nation...Randolph Morris. :sssh::D

Not even the best big man in the nation...Randolph Morris. :sssh::D

 

One plays with his back to the basket and one plays out on the wing, can run the floor, hit the J, pass,etc. Apples and oranges.

One plays with his back to the basket and one plays out on the wing, can run the floor, hit the J, pass,etc. Apples and oranges.

 

It was a joke. I'd rather have McRoberts. I was referring to some posts earlier in the year (in other threads) touting Morris as the best big man in the nation.

 

I would hardly say comparing two guys that play center in college basketball is apples and oranges though.

An unfavorable review of the Legend.

 

Simmons Blog

 

5. Two other notes from the UNC-Duke game:

 

A. You can't exaggerate the whupping that Hansbrough delivered to Josh McRoberts during this game. I don't see either of these guys becoming NBA starters -- Hansbrough isn't a good enough athlete, and McRoberts is too soft -- but at least Hansbrough should evolve into a more polished version of a Madsen/Scalabrine-type bench player, one of those tough cookies who knows his limitations and doesn't do anything he can't do. McRoberts? Not a chance. He's like a homeless man's Darko Milicic. And that's not a compliment.

 

Ouch

An unfavorable review of the Legend.

 

Simmons Blog

 

 

 

Ouch

 

 

Man thats pretty harsh! For what its worth I think McRoberts is a pretty goog prospect. The problem is hes not a go-to-guy and thats what Duke needs.

I noticed a tidbit about McRoberts...if he stays long enough, I firmly believe that he'll be a Duke legend..check this out.

 

Sophomore Josh McRoberts is currently averaging 12.8 points, 8.0 rebounds, 4.0 assists, 2.35 blocks and 1.25 steals per game. No player in Duke history has averaged more than 10.0 points, 5.0 rebounds, 4.0 assists, 2.0 blocks and 1.0 steals for a season.

 

RP...I think if I were a Duke fan, and I am somewhat, that I would rather have McRoberts be dominate in one aspect of the game than be average in all aspects.

 

He seems to be a jack-of-all-trades and a master of none.

To be fair, Darko is slowly coming around...:D

I noticed a tidbit about McRoberts...if he stays long enough, I firmly believe that he'll be a Duke legend..check this out.

 

Sophomore Josh McRoberts is currently averaging 12.8 points, 8.0 rebounds, 4.0 assists, 2.35 blocks and 1.25 steals per game. No player in Duke history has averaged more than 10.0 points, 5.0 rebounds, 4.0 assists, 2.0 blocks and 1.0 steals for a season.

 

 

Those stats really make me wanna go:

 

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

I would take Hansbourgh over McRoberts any day and secretly so would all DUKE fans. :lol:

Randolph Morris has been asleep for most of this season, and he's averaging 15.3 pts, 7.3 rebs., 2.0 blks, 1.1 ast., and 0.7 stls.

Randolph Morris has been asleep for most of this season, and he's averaging 15.3 pts, 7.3 rebs., 2.0 blks, 1.1 ast., and 0.7 stls.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

  • Author
Man thats pretty harsh! For what its worth I think McRoberts is a pretty goog prospect. The problem is hes not a go-to-guy and thats what Duke needs.

I can see that...though a man who voices, consistently his hatred for Duke, really invalidates his column.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.