Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

McRoberts...legendary?

Featured Replies

Legendary? Is that what passes for lengendary at Duke? I'll tell you what legendary is.... How about averaging 44 points a game for three years. How about holding the NCAA scoring title for over thirty years (without a freshman year or the three point shot). McRoberts sounds like a fine young man that is also a fine player but I wouldn't use the word "legendary".

 

That's what I'm talking about!!! :ylsuper:

 

"Pistol" is the man!

  • Replies 112
  • Views 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get back to me in about 5 years...:rolleyes:

  • Author
Overrated. WAY Overrated...

You do know that NO other Duke player in history can compare with his statline right...he may be not be a legend but he IS the most balanced player in Duke history at this point.

  • Author
Legendary? Is that what passes for lengendary at Duke? I'll tell you what legendary is.... How about averaging 44 points a game for three years. How about holding the NCAA scoring title for over thirty years (without a freshman year or the three point shot). McRoberts sounds like a fine young man that is also a fine player but I wouldn't use the word "legendary".

If you use the best NCAA player ever as a comparison everyone pales.

McRoberts is a good player. There are a lot of players better than him in America, but every team in America would love to have him.

You do know that NO other Duke player in history can compare with his statline right...he may be not be a legend but he IS the most balanced player in Duke history at this point.

 

 

Thats pretty sad, because his statline isn't that impressive.. Other than to you I suppose.

You do know that NO other Duke player in history can compare with his statline right...he may be not be a legend but he IS the most balanced player in Duke history at this point.

 

Thank you!

 

Can someone please change the thread title to "McRoberts...most balanced player in Duke history at this point" ?

Fine with me.....

 

As long as it doesn't read like a guy who is "legendary"...;)

.......

  • Author
Thats pretty sad, because his statline isn't that impressive.. Other than to you I suppose.

I guess you may not be impressed, how about the fact that his statline is overall, better than anyone on UK's roster.

I guess you may not be impressed, how about the fact that his statline is overall, better than anyone on UK's roster.

 

McRoberts is a very versatile player. Hes a good athlete and he plays hard. Hes no Elton Brand, Grant Hill, Christian Laettner, Shane Battier, etc though.

  • Author

^ I agree with that.

Some food for thought:

 

 

McRoberts 07 12.8 pts 8.0 rbs 4.0 ast 2.3 blk 1.2 stl

 

Hayes 04 10.7 pts 8.1 rbs 3.0 ast 1.4 blk 1.3 stl

 

Hayes 05 10.9 pts 7.7 rbs 2.3 ast 1.0 blk 1.8 stl

 

Statistically Chuck Hayes was very close to what McRoberts is doing this year his last two years at UK. While I loved Chuck, because of the way he played with heart, IMO, he is far from legendary when thinking back about those who have worn the UK uniform.

 

McRoberts was rated the #2 player overall in his class by Rivals. Chuck Hayes wasn't nearly so highly thought of, yet his stats look pretty good compared to the Legend.

  • Author

Those are aloso Chuck's last two years, and the stats aren't as good, close, but not the same.

My point is the a player like Chuck Hayes was able to average numbers that are pretty close to a 5-star center. Either Chuck played well above his ability or McRoberts isn't quite legendary. I just used Chuck because it was the 1st person I thought of that would probably be close in comparrison to McRoberts.

  • Author

Here's your difference...Chucky Hayes, as a SOPHOMORE, averaged 8.6 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 2.3 apg, 1 block, and 1.1 spg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.