Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK on NCAA Probation

Featured Replies

LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT)—The NCAA says it has reached an agreement with the University of Kentucky regarding violations in the football and swimming programs.

According to the NCAA, “impermissible benefits” occurred in the football program, and rules were violated involving countable athletically related activities within the swimming program.

https://www.wkyt.com/app/2024/08/02/ncaa-places-uk-athletics-department-probation-vacates-wins-over-violations/

Looks like UK will also vacate wins from 2021 season. No mention of what the issues were, but I'm guessing it was no show jobs some players arranged at the hospital. 

UK media day today, I doubt it was a coincidence that this was released after Stoops press conference and not before.

I wonder if we will see more cheating or less cheating now.  I assume less but that is off the top of my head. 

4 minutes ago, theguru said:

I wonder if we will see more cheating or less cheating now.  I assume less but that is off the top of my head. 

I’m assuming less with NIL in full swing.  

Looks like RB Rodriguez was the key player in all of this. 

 

5 minutes ago, mcpapa said:

I’m assuming less with NIL in full swing.  

Looks like RB Rodriguez was the key player in all of this. 

 

That is my thought, more legal cash so less incentive to chase any illegal cash.

  • Author

NIL started July 1, 2021. If I'm UK I'm arguing they were being paid for their autograph, afterall they were signing their time sheets each week.

Will that affect their roster, record and possible bowl eligibility this season?

You really hate to see it.

51 minutes ago, The Professor said:

Will that affect their roster, record and possible bowl eligibility this season?

Still bowl eligible.  Nashville here we come. 

49 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

You really hate to see it.

I know it tears you up.  
 

In all seriousness, it has to be tough to deal with the undisputed truth that one’s team/school have been historical cheaters for seventy plus years.  It’s easy for many to rationalize, I guess.   “Everybody does it”, “they’re picking on us because we’re the king of the hill”, and “it was so long ago”.   

 

This came out of the blue for me.   The NCAA and UK sure kept the investigation and negotiations under wraps as far as I'm concerned.   What effect if any does this have on Stoops?   Can't be good.

/

  • Author
1 hour ago, Tranquility Base said:

UK Football.   Bending the rules to come in 4th.

We came in 2nd in the East that season, thank you very much! ? 

Evidently the NCAA had zero clue of any of this. UK officials self reported. UNC needs to take notes of this the next time a fake class/grade issue comes up instead of running to a dozen law firms and fighting it tooth and toenail. lol 

I guess having to vacate those 10 wins Coach Stoops has not yet passed Bryant for all-time wins at Kentucky.?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.