Duke 68 Clemson 66

SvFan4life

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Duke fan, UK fan, whoever you are, Clemson got the shaft. I believe if you want to be reasonable that was obvious. Who knows what would happen. Duke may have missed a much more difficult shot or hit it for that matter.

Credit Duke for executing their play and getting the win though.

I just dont think that a Duke fan should be running the game clock (sorry I had to get a little jab in).

For one...there is no way to tell if Duke would've hit a winner from further, two, there is no way to tell who would've won it in OT...THREE, Purnell seemed ok with the justification on court.

One is very unlikely with 2.5 instead of 4.4, two should have happened and given Clemson a chance, and three was what they ruled and he had to live with it (what was he supposed to do).

Clock operated did his "job" (that's part of home court advantage) but the officials totally blew this one. Wouldn't be surprised if the crew is suspended for a game.

I posted this on the wrong thread. Here it is on the final score thread:

I think Duke needs to address their scoreboard operator. He didn't start the clock after the Clemson steal until the ball was in the basket. Then he let it run while Duke was standing out of bounds, waiting to throw the ball in.

If you watched the Duke/Virginia Tech game from a couple weeks ago, Duke hit a three to tie the game with 12 seconds left. Tech inbounded the ball and walked it to mid-court without the clock starting.

Anyone can make mistakes, but it had better not be the clock operator.

IMO 4.4 was to much time to put back on the clock, but give Duke credit for using the time to their advantage. Clemson had every chance to win this game, down 5 with 12 seconds and still tie it up! Duke tried to give it to them and they didn't get it done in the clutch, poor shot selection and awful decision making at the end.

There was bad clock management at the end of the Dockery buzzer beater game last year also. Extra time was put back on the clock and replays showed Dockery wouldn't have had time to get his shot off with the time that should have been on the clock as opposed to what was actually on the clock. Same thing again this year it appears...