Duke 68 Clemson 66

SvFan4life

Let's be honest. It took an incredible fluke in the first place (throwing the ball straight to the Clemson player) for this to even become an issue. Seems to me that luck was on both sides here.

One thing that I did notice is that there was pretty much the exact same time on the clock here (4.4 seconds) than there was in the '98 UK/Duke game (4.5 seconds). The result from last night was exactly what I truly believed was going to happen back in '98.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that they stopped that years ago...I really though an ACC official was running the clock.

I was just kidding about that. It is an official that runs it. Anyways, if you look at it objectively Duke got a big break and it did make it easier for them to win the game.

(Also, what horrible defense by Clemson. Why would the guy guarding Sheyer, I believe gamble and fly out of the play???)

Let's be honest. It took an incredible fluke in the first place (throwing the ball straight to the Clemson player) for this to even become an issue. Seems to me that luck was on both sides here.

One thing that I did notice is that there was pretty much the exact same time on the clock here (4.4 seconds) than there was in the '98 UK/Duke game (4.5 seconds). The result from last night was exactly what I truly believed was going to happen back in '98.

I think it was 2.1 in the UK/Duke game.

Duke got a break on the clock situation, but man what a break when the inbounds went straight to Clemson for the 3. Bad decison making all around for Clemson down the stretch, why was noone guarding the basket? Great game to watch and you had to feel like Duke would pull it out somehow.

There was bad clock management at the end of the Dockery buzzer beater game last year also. Extra time was put back on the clock and replays showed Dockery wouldn't have had time to get his shot off with the time that should have been on the clock as opposed to what was actually on the clock. Same thing again this year it appears...

:sleep: I love when people continue to grasp at straws....The fact of the matter is, that Duke generally does what it needs to, to win close games. There aren't many programs in America that do that.,

:sleep: I love when people continue to grasp at straws....The fact of the matter is, that Duke generally does what it needs to, to win close games. There aren't many programs in America that do that.,

Yeah Duke did a great job giving up a wide open 3 and then getting 2 extra seconds to execute their play!:lol:

Duke deserves credit for getting a shot up and winning the game, but they are also a very lucky bunch right now.

I'm not grasping at straws. Simply pointing out the facts. Duke benefitted from extra time in the Va. Tech game and they benefitted from extra time on the clock against Clemson. I'm not painting a big conspiracy picture here, just providing a factual observation.

There was bad clock management at the end of the Dockery buzzer beater game last year also. Extra time was put back on the clock and replays showed Dockery wouldn't have had time to get his shot off with the time that should have been on the clock as opposed to what was actually on the clock. Same thing again this year it appears...

Duke tends to get the benefit of these type situations because of Coach K. Many officials are intimidated by him and to his credit, he knows how to use this to Duke's advantage.

Vandy and Georgia... :sssh: :lol:

Duke tends to get the benefit of these type situations because of Coach K. Many officials are intimidated by him and to his credit, he knows how to use this to Duke's advantage.
I don't think that played into it in either case. I think it was human error in both cases and it just so happened it occurred at Duke and just happened to aid them winning games at the buzzer. Nothing more, nothing less.