Duke 68 Clemson 66

SvFan4life

Yeah Duke did a great job giving up a wide open 3 and then getting 2 extra seconds to execute their play!:lol:

There was no time to cover that guy, it was an awful choice by McRoberts to pass. Duke lead the whole game, and freakishly gave up the lead late.....they would've likely won in OT either way, game over...no worries, if Clemson is better they'll win at home...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2744216

ACC admits to 'timing error' in final seconds

GREENSBORO, N.C. -- The Atlantic Coast Conference admitted Friday that a timing error was made in the closing seconds of No. 10 Duke's 68-66 win over 19th-ranked Clemson.

Coordinator of basketball officials John Clougherty said the league reviewed the game film and discussed the clock controversy with the officials, Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski and Clemson coach Oliver Purnell.

"The league acknowledges that a timing error was made in not starting the game clock at the correct time," said Clougherty, adding the situation was resolved internally but did not elaborate.

The confusion started shortly after Clemson's Vernon Hamilton made a layup to pull the Tigers to 66-63 with 5 seconds left.

Josh McRoberts' inbounds pass for Greg Paulus went right to Hamilton just outside the 3-point arc. Hamilton hit a 3 to tie it with 1.8 seconds left, which seemed to have the game headed for overtime.

But officials stopped play to review the time remaining and restored the clock to 4.4 seconds. The clock, which stopped on Hamilton's layup, did not restart on the steal until the ball was almost in the basket - a pause of more than a second.

McRoberts then inbounded the ball to Jon Scheyer. He pushed the ball near midcourt and passed to David McClure, who made a layup as time expired to give the Blue Devils the win.

"I am satisfied with their review in this matter," Purnell said Friday. "We now need to put 100 percent of our focus on our game with Virginia on Sunday, and that is what we will do, starting with today's practice."

A Duke spokesman did not immediately return a telephone message Friday seeking comment from Krzyzewski.

This makes me wonder what is really Dukes #1 home court advantage. The students, the lack of adequate AC, the time clock operators, or the officials? :rolleyes:

I'm so sorry that a little private school in North Carolina occupies some of your hate.....maybe you can just be proactive in how you think UK could be better, I have yet to blast them this season...Duke is overrated at 10, BUT they are winning to be there, UK got the respect that all of you were clamoring for, yearning for, red faced mad for, and now they have lost twice in a row, the latter in AWFUL fashion...I am sure that, combined with a Duke win has you STEAMING, it's cool though ;)

I'm so sorry that a little private school in North Carolina occupies some of your hate.....maybe you can just be proactive in how you think UK could be better, I have yet to blast them this season...Duke is overrated at 10, BUT they are winning to be there, UK got the respect that all of you were clamoring for, yearning for, red faced mad for, and now they have lost twice in a row, the latter in AWFUL fashion...I am sure that, combined with a Duke win has you STEAMING, it's cool though ;)

Actually, I was one of the few people that said I didn't want UK in the top 25 at this point in time, so your a little off base there. Second, the Vandy loss was kinda expected by me, and Tubby appearently. I also said UK would drop one game this year to Georgia, whether it be at Rupp or down there. So no, Im not mad about the two losses at all. Although a lot of people act like the world is coming to an end, I think this is where UK will start their next run. Losing only once more in the regular season, to Florida.

As far as me hating Duke. That's not really true either. I will say that I hate the bias that surrounds the school, but that's as far as it goes for me.

And Last, I could sit and think of ways to make UK a better team until Im blue in the face. But alas, Im not the one in charge so it would be a moot point.

Actually, I was one of the few people that said I didn't want UK in the top 25 at this point in time, so your a little off base there. Second, the Vandy loss was kinda expected by me, and Tubby appearently. I also said UK would drop one game this year to Georgia, whether it be at Rupp or down there. So no, Im not mad about the two losses at all. Although a lot of people act like the world is coming to an end, I think this is where UK will start their next run. Losing only once more in the regular season, to Florida.

As far as me hating Duke. That's not really true either. I will say that I hate the bias that surrounds the school, but that's as far as it goes for me.

And Last, I could sit and think of ways to make UK a better team until Im blue in the face. But alas, Im not the one in charge so it would be a moot point.

I do like your avatar....and I do hope that UK matches itself with the right coach one day, I like Orlando 'Tubby' Smith, but I think he is a square peg trying to fit in a round hole....he needs to move onto the NBA, imo.