Conference Call about Sunday 5/26/24

nWo

This is what I talk about when I say I will be on a conference call with the National Weather-Louisville. You need to fast forward to about 10:48 for the start of the conference call. There will be another one this afternoon (Saturday). This is the first time I've seen it posted on YouTube. I don't know if they will continue to post them. This is from Friday afternoon, 5/24/24.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is the 06z HRRR. If you listen to the conference call you heard, it mention individual supercells developing if the cap is broken. This shows possible cells forming ahead of the line around 2-4 pm EDT.

floop-hrrr-2024052506.refcmp.us_ov.thumb.gif.33724ba7260f0fb1143dcd4b4d398edb.gif

Email I received from NWS-Louisville with updated information:

Good morning -

Organized severe storms are still expected on Sunday. Late afternoon through after midnight is the most favorable time for severe weather, but any part of the day is fair game.

Damaging winds are the main threat, with localized hurricane-force gusts possible. Tornadoes, flooding, and large hail have a lower probability but are still on the table.

Anorther conference call is planned this afternoon at 3 PM EDT.

In the meantime, you can access the briefing slides (will be updated before the conference call) here:

https://www.weather.gov/media/lmk/DssPacket.pdf

Thanks,

NWS Louisville, KY

• Thanks 3

4 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

Thanks! I actually found this on YT last night because I’m subscribed to NWS Louisville. I hope they continue putting them online. 

@TheDeuce Hey, I'll be on in the morning but I don't know when/if I'll be able to post anything tomorrow evening. My plane is not scheduled to land in Las Vegas till around 6:30 PDT. If you could, could you post anything new that comes up for Sunday?

• Like 1

Highlights from the 3 pm EDT conference call today.

Severe weather is possible Sunday into Sunday night, with multiple waves possible during that time.

The main hazard is damaging winds, with localized hurricane-force gusts possible. Tornadoes and large hail cannot be ruled out. A flash flood threat may also materialize with repeated rounds of storms. All interests in the Lower Ohio Valley should stay weather-aware over the holiday weekend

Timing Wave #1 (11AM - 6 PM EDT)

● Should be in a weakened or weakening state

● Arrive west of I-65 late morning through midday, Spreading east of I-65 through afternoon and early evening.

● These storms may be sub-severe when they arrive. A few warnings (mainly for wind or flooding) are possible

Timing Wave #2 (10 PM - 4 AM EDT)

● Conditional Threat. The strength of these storms will depend on the first wave, and whether we can destabilize

● Although it is a conditional threat, it will likely be the most significant if it materializes

● Widespread strong winds 40 to 50 mph, with pockets of damaging wind. Isolated instances of 75+ MPH winds are possible.

KY_swody2.thumb.png.d3011167fd80273bf6c09b2eb0be0429.png

KY_swody2_WIND.thumb.png.a5437a5eb5cbeeb75f53961c2e663db7.png

KY_swody2_HAIL.thumb.png.d38d205331d10134e2c0c224ec361135.png

s.thumb.jpg.ad4ad470d59198cc0f65436e824c461a.jpg

KY_swody2_TORN.thumb.png.07c4c5985db7073333ccdb56ab91c795.png

1 hour ago, nWo said:

@TheDeuce Hey, I'll be on in the morning but I don't know when/if I'll be able to post anything tomorrow evening. My plane is not scheduled to land in Las Vegas till around 6:30 PDT. If you could, could you post anything new that comes up for Sunday?

Absolutely, I’ll be on it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1