Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Calipari to Arkansas

Featured Replies

14 hours ago, Oldercoach said:

Just saw on ESPN that Cal is considering limiting his current and future teams to 8-9 players.  Seems his reasoning that everybody entering the portal makes him question why he should develop players for other coaches.  He wasn’t worried about depth and plans to fill the roster out with walk-ons.  Don’t I recall about 2 Cats out every game because of some injury or another?  What’s really going on her Cal?

Honestly I think he prefers having a shorter bench, this way doesn’t have to worry about how to manage minutes for everyone. This way don’t have to worry about players bringing down the culture by being upset with not playing. Plus, besides for 2015, to me his best teams were the ones where he usually only had 7 or 8 guys in the rotation at most. So I think he prefers having a shorter and so saying this, instead of announcing that he rather not play as many guys. 

  • Replies 177
  • Views 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Kenny Payne was a plant. 

  • DragonFire
    DragonFire

    I continue with the same line I've said constantly - it was time for both parties.  The line I had in this very thread was "Familiarity breeds complacency".  Cal got complacent.  The drive that he'd h

  • TheDeuce
    TheDeuce

    I think what would speak more to that is asking players that actually played for him... 

Posted Images

Arkansas will reportedly host Oakland in a rematch of John Calipari's final game at Kentucky.

On 6/5/2024 at 10:43 PM, 16thBBall Fan said:

Arkansas will reportedly host Oakland in a rematch of John Calipari's final game at Kentucky.

Is this supposed to be some kind of flex?

1 hour ago, DanvilleFan said:

Is this supposed to be some kind of flex?

Cal and the Oakland coach are very close friends. So just scheduling a game against a friend, no more, no less. 

Oakland is getting a nice check for playing Arkansas, this is probably main reason for scheduling.

20 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Can you share what was said for those of us who don't have facebook?

He told the team they had a great summer, and set the tone for the culture of the team and they had to be a grinder to help the team and to make it to the next level.

On 7/25/2024 at 10:14 PM, 16thBBall Fan said:

Just came across this clip. Heard that before. 
 

https://www.facebook.com/reel/804226398426023/

True. Which if that message in the next 15 years gets them a national title, 4 final fours, and other years of being in contention. I’m sure the Arkansas fans would be all for it. 

4 hours ago, futurecoach said:

True. Which if that message in the next 15 years gets them a national title, 4 final fours, and other years of being in contention. I’m sure the Arkansas fans would be all for it. 

Or it could end up like the last 4 years.  2021- 9-16; 2022-lose in first round of tournament; 2023- lose in 2nd round of tournament; 2024- lose in first round of the tournament.

5 hours ago, futurecoach said:

True. Which if that message in the next 15 years gets them a national title, 4 final fours, and other years of being in contention. I’m sure the Arkansas fans would be all for it. 

Cal will be long gone from college hoops in just a couple years, not to even mention 15, he has nothing new to bring to Arkansas.

3 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Or it could end up like the last 4 years.  2021- 9-16; 2022-lose in first round of tournament; 2023- lose in 2nd round of tournament; 2024- lose in first round of the tournament.

Yep and if it played out exactly like that, I’m sure Arkansas fans and basically every fan base in America would gladly take these last 4 years, if it also meant in that 15 year span a National title, 4 final fours, and contending other years too. 
 

The message he has given has made him have really good success every college program he has been at from Umass, Memphis and UK. Last few years sucked for sure, but let’s not act like his message and how he puts a team together hasn’t been successful more times than not in his career and is why he made the Hall of Fame, and one of two coaches to take three teams to final fours. 

2 hours ago, nikeman49 said:

Cal will be long gone from college hoops in just a couple years, not to even mention 15, he has nothing new to bring to Arkansas.

You may be right we shall see. 

Under current rules, Calipari"s one and done model is finished winning titles. I see the best possible outcome as an elite eight.

I'll take this to step further. If Calipari were able to bring in the top 7 ranked recruits to his team, I don't think that team would make an elite eight under the current rules. One and done is finished.

On 7/31/2024 at 7:25 AM, Voice of Reason said:

Under current rules, Calipari"s one and done model is finished winning titles. I see the best possible outcome as an elite eight.

I'll take this to step further. If Calipari were able to bring in the top 7 ranked recruits to his team, I don't think that team would make an elite eight under the current rules. One and done is finished.

Agreed which is probably a good thing he doesn’t seem to be using that model, at least not this year. As he has a good mix of experience and freshman. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.