Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Calipari to Arkansas

Featured Replies

12 hours ago, futurecoach said:

He should have known how irrational UK fans are

Surely you jest.

  • Replies 177
  • Views 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Kenny Payne was a plant. 

  • DragonFire
    DragonFire

    I continue with the same line I've said constantly - it was time for both parties.  The line I had in this very thread was "Familiarity breeds complacency".  Cal got complacent.  The drive that he'd h

  • TheDeuce
    TheDeuce

    I think what would speak more to that is asking players that actually played for him... 

Posted Images

Another nice showing for Cal and his Razorback squad.

45 minutes ago, nikeman49 said:

Another nice showing for Cal and his Razorback squad.

I watched a bit of it, yuck, they can't be happy with CAL and I think they are 0-5 in the SEC. 

1 hour ago, theguru said:

I watched a bit of it, yuck, they can't be happy with CAL and I think they are 0-5 in the SEC. 

He sold them a bill of goods.  There's no excuse for that team to be 0-5.

As Fox said recently, Cal's offense only consist of pick and roll or iso plays. It's not real hard to scout them or scheme against them. UK luckily had Oscar for a couple of years and then a 3 headed shooting monster last year or our conference records may have been similar.

Had Cal returned to UK I'm afraid we'd be at or below .500 right now for the season. 

I like Cal, always have. He did a lot for our program and State and I thing he genuinely cares for his players and their life after basketball more than most coaches. 

I think it would be best for him to step away for a year, then come back if he has the itch to work, and do studio TV work after some time away.

3 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

As Fox said recently, Cal's offense only consist of pick and roll or iso plays. It's not real hard to scout them or scheme against them. UK luckily had Oscar for a couple of years and then a 3 headed shooting monster last year or our conference records may have been similar.

Had Cal returned to UK I'm afraid we'd be at or below .500 right now for the season. 

I like Cal, always have. He did a lot for our program and State and I thing he genuinely cares for his players and their life after basketball more than most coaches. 

I think it would be best for him to step away for a year, then come back if he has the itch to work, and do studio TV work after some time away.

Cal is done and has been for years now.

7 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

As Fox said recently, Cal's offense only consist of pick and roll or iso plays. It's not real hard to scout them or scheme against them. UK luckily had Oscar for a couple of years and then a 3 headed shooting monster last year or our conference records may have been similar.

Had Cal returned to UK I'm afraid we'd be at or below .500 right now for the season. 

I like Cal, always have. He did a lot for our program and State and I thing he genuinely cares for his players and their life after basketball more than most coaches. 

I think it would be best for him to step away for a year, then come back if he has the itch to work, and do studio TV work after some time away.

Cal last year did switch things up offensively and brought that NBA coach in they took over the offense and modernized much more last year and it showed. Offensively they were great last year, more floor spacing, and all that. Yet the few games I seen this year, he definitely went back to his old offenses. Which definitely makes no sense why he did that. Defensively his team is playing better, but doesn’t matter because they are so bad offensively. 

2 hours ago, futurecoach said:

Cal last year did switch things up offensively and brought that NBA coach in they took over the offense and modernized much more last year and it showed. Offensively they were great last year, more floor spacing, and all that. Yet the few games I seen this year, he definitely went back to his old offenses. Which definitely makes no sense why he did that. Defensively his team is playing better, but doesn’t matter because they are so bad offensively. 

He definitely needs help from his NBA guys again this year, would hate to call on others for help as a Hall of Famer!!

7 minutes ago, nikeman49 said:

He definitely needs help from his NBA guys again this year, would hate to call on others for help as a Hall of Famer!!

Like it or not for many years Cal was actually ahead of the curve and why he successful at both Umass and Memphis long before he came to UK. People seem to forget his success before UK and how he was winning even without having rosters full of one and done talent. His success before UK is how he landed the UK job. Now no doubt he has fallen behind the curve though the last 5 years and has not adjusted to how the game is played these days. Which does fall on him for not adjusting. 

7 hours ago, nikeman49 said:

Cal is done and has been for years now.

Ever since he couldn’t recruit “the best of the best”!!  I’ve been saying that for awhile and got ripped on here for it

3 hours ago, futurecoach said:

Cal last year did switch things up offensively and brought that NBA coach in they took over the offense and modernized much more last year and it showed. Offensively they were great last year, more floor spacing, and all that. Yet the few games I seen this year, he definitely went back to his old offenses. Which definitely makes no sense why he did that. Defensively his team is playing better, but doesn’t matter because they are so bad offensively. 

True but without Welch or Robic he reverts back to pick and roll or ISO. Doesn't even really run the dribble drive any more.

Boogie Fland out the rest of the season. 

4 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Boogie Fland out the rest of the season. 

Wow, terrible news for Arkansas, season just ended for them, already was spiraling downward!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.