Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pat Kelsey named Louisville's next basketball coach

Featured Replies

7 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

You gotta love that guy Deuce. I am a UL fan but not close to the fan you are and I am excited about this hire. I will be shocked if he doesn't have UL winning next year. He will find a way.

You have to love coaches who "Own it"...he owned the floor, he owned the fact he was 3rd choice (probably lower)...he owned the energy.  It looks U of L got what they needed with a shot of energy.

  • Replies 52
  • Views 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I've cooled off.  To be honest, my frustration is much more centered around the chaos of the search, rather than it being Kelsey. That's not his fault.  Initially, I love his personality and

  • Kelsey is already working on roster management and eyeing targets from the portal.  He's done more work in 18 hours than Kenny Payne did in 24 months. 

  • Tranquility Base
    Tranquility Base

    He made up for it with the crack about him being his wife's third choice, but it working out.  That was classic.

The man looks like he could go out and play 40 minutes right now.   Maybe he will demand the same level of relative fitness from his players.   There is no reason a team should not be in shape.

1 hour ago, TheDeuce said:

Which one? Where God lives? ?

Yeah, that joke was funny 30 years ago with I was in Middle School. Loved the energy but that's a weak one haha

34 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Yeah, that joke was funny 30 years ago with I was in Middle School. Loved the energy but that's a weak one haha

He made up for it with the crack about him being his wife's third choice, but it working out.  That was classic.

1 hour ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Yeah, that joke was funny 30 years ago with I was in Middle School. Loved the energy but that's a weak one haha

As played and corny as that joke is, it still got a huge laugh from the room.

I think my favorite response from the press conference was when a reporter asked him the timetable for winning. Kelsey paused for a second and looked genuinely confused,  then said ... Now! If you aren't ready to win now don't even lace your shoes up.

2 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Yeah, that joke was funny 30 years ago with I was in Middle School. Loved the energy but that's a weak one haha

I’ve seen several in BBN making fun of one thing or another…

I love it. Means yall see it too. 

Pat not used to Louisville’s level of facilities ?

 

54 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

As played and corny as that joke is, it still got a huge laugh from the room.

Cause that room is currently desperate to latch onto anything right now lol

19 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Cause that room is currently desperate to latch onto anything right now lol

Maybe. But Kelsey's energy and enthusiasm are infectious and it started with that corny joke.

I am a UK fan first. I am also that unicorn UK fan that roots for UL. Right now, I am more excited about UL basketball next year than UK.

On 3/28/2024 at 9:12 AM, TheDeuce said:

Kelsey is already working on roster management and eyeing targets from the portal. 

Wondering if this would be a possible landing spot for Jacob Meyer.  Unless he's committed somewhere already & I missed it.  Would definitely give the Cards a scorer.

1 hour ago, No Hiding Here....BC 21 said:

Wondering if this would be a possible landing spot for Jacob Meyer.  Unless he's committed somewhere already & I missed it.  Would definitely give the Cards a scorer.

I have already seen Meyer's name in the fold for Louisville. Not sure if he ends up there, but I'd imagine they'll talk. 

Man, what a difference a month makes. 

PK is absolutely killing it in the portal, and is on the verge of landing a big fish out of high school. 

Dude has been relentless since he took over. 

4 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

Man, what a difference a month makes. 

PK is absolutely killing it in the portal, and is on the verge of landing a big fish out of high school. 

Dude has been relentless since he took over. 

Kelsey has head coaching experience at 2 stops before Louisville, so he knows this part of the job.   Was Payne in WAY over his head or just a little lazy on this aspect of the job?  Living on the "I'm a great recruiter" tag he got while working for Cal?

5 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

Man, what a difference a month makes. 

PK is absolutely killing it in the portal, and is on the verge of landing a big fish out of high school. 

Dude has been relentless since he took over. 

Who have they picked up so far? 

Nevermind, I found a list.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.