Danville to stop playing Boyle County after the 2025 season - (Games stopped after the 2023 season)

With the whole RPI thing,  this game doesn't really help boyle in the points; and danville doesn't have a prayer to win this game for the next couple years. Somerset did something similar after the 2014 season, and I don't see it changing either. 

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, BEChargers said:

Sounds like Danville has decided they are ready to end now.  Boyle now looking for a 9/6/24 game for this coming season. 

Just sad.  Hoping this can resume someday.  Not getting a story about this is why I miss the decline of the Advocate Messenger.

• Like 1

• theguru changed the title to Danville to stop playing Boyle County after the 2025 season - (Games stopped after the 2023 season)
11 minutes ago, DanvilleFan said:

Just sad.  Hoping this can resume someday.  Not getting a story about this is why I miss the decline of the Advocate Messenger.

I don't think there is any spin here that a media organization can get over on.  Danville stinks and Boyle County is a world beater, the end. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, theguru said:

I don't think there is any spin here that a media organization can get over on.  Danville stinks and Boyle County is a world beater, the end. 

Can’t argue that! 

12 minutes ago, The Professor said:

What are the chances that Boyle and Danville consolidate in the future? A lot of city schools around the state have done that over the decades such as Harrodsburg, Maysville, Salyersville,  Monticello, etc.

Someone smarter about this than me can probably answer it better but Danville is larger than those schools listed. They still have right at 500 kids in the high school. Their tax base is still solid, although all the suburban land has been gobbled up by the Boyle County district over the last two decades. I think consolidation could happen but I'm not sure how imminent.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Someone smarter about this than me can probably answer it better but Danville is larger than those schools listed. They still have right at 500 kids in the high school. Their tax base is still solid, although all the suburban land has been gobbled up by the Boyle County district over the last two decades. I think consolidation could happen but I'm not sure how imminent.

Even if they did, I think they would now keep it a two-school district.  For most of my life there have been speculation that it was only a matter of time and that it would become one large high school.  But now I'm pretty sure the schools would still stay separate under one administration umbrella instead of combining into just one high school.   

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BEChargers said:

Even if they did, I think they would now keep it a two-school district.  For most of my life there have been speculation that it was only a matter of time and that it would become one large high school.  But now I'm pretty sure the schools would still stay separate under one administration umbrella instead of combining into just one high school.   

Would you have an East and West Boyle Co?  If they consolidated and had 2 schools, the county would have to be split up evenly.  You couldn't just keep Danville HS in it's current role.

I think they very well could just keep the names the same.  I would expect a redistricting of some sort.  But pretty sure the board of ed could divide however they thought would best fit current and future facilities.   

I should also say this and it's just my opinion from observations and conversations.  There have been times over the years that I think the County has been anywhere from lukewarm to very interested.  But I'm not sure there has ever been a time that the City has been very interested at all.  A couple of time the DISD has gotten in pretty bad shape financially and some preliminary discussions took place I believe.  But that hasn't been the case in a long time and right now I don't believe either side has any interest in a merger whatsoever!  So we will probably just keep hearing rumors about it happening for the next 30-40 years.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BEChargers said:

I should also say this and it's just my opinion from observations and conversations.  There have been times over the years that I think the County has been anywhere from lukewarm to very interested.  But I'm not sure there has ever been a time that the City has been very interested at all.  A couple of time the DISD has gotten in to pretty bad shape financially and some preliminary discussions took place I believe.  But that hasn't been the case in a long time and right now I don't believe either side has any interest in a merger whatsoever!  So we will probably just keep hearing rumors about it happening for the next 30-40 years.  

I'm over 40 years old and every conversation I've ever had with anyone about this has always said "it will happen in 7-10 years." It still hasn't happened, but a lot of 7-10 year ranges have come and gone! 😂

• Like 2