Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2024 Beechwood Tigers

Featured Replies

Very exciting of the offers and interests a lot of these young men are getting from colleges and do agree more will follow for each of them.

I love how many schools Coach Volker and the Coaching Staff has had at the school throughout this Spring, the buzz is exciting in and around Fort Mitchell and the program is focused on the opportunities that are just the around the corner this Summer, Fall and early Winter.

Best of Luck Tigers.

  • Replies 148
  • Views 34k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • DevilMayCare
    DevilMayCare

    Clay Hayden has been invited to the Elite 11 regional competition, I'm guessing in Columbus on April 21st. One of the state's top quarterbacks gets a chance to show he's also one of the best in t

  • Cousin Chris
    Cousin Chris

    Beechwood WR/RB/DB Luke Erdman won the state championship yesterday in the 100 meter, the 200 meter and the 4 x 100 relay.  He set new school records and almost broke the all time class A state record

  • gbballfan21
    gbballfan21

    Seems like there are more college coaches visiting Beechwood than ever before.    Kudos to Coach Volker for making it a priority! 

Posted Images

Seems like there are more college coaches visiting Beechwood than ever before. 
 

Kudos to Coach Volker for making it a priority! 

1 hour ago, gbballfan21 said:

Seems like there are more college coaches visiting Beechwood than ever before. 
 

Kudos to Coach Volker for making it a priority! 

It's not just Beechwood, it's the entire NKY area which is a good thing after so many years of our outstanding athletes being looked over.  There's always been talent here in NKY it's just that for many years it's gone unnoticed.

All the schools should keep up the good work!!

 

22 hours ago, Mr. Sixer said:

It's not just Beechwood, it's the entire NKY area which is a good thing after so many years of our outstanding athletes being looked over.  There's always been talent here in NKY it's just that for many years it's gone unnoticed.

All the schools should keep up the good work!!

 

I've heard similar things over at Dixie with college coaches.  

I don't want this to come off the wrong way, but I wonder how much of it has to do with these former Ohio coaches.  The Cincy schools seem to do a MUCH better job in getting eyes on their players.  

Now, Volker's connections in the college football world are probably more than anyone else in the area.  It really helps out when your brother is a D-1 college coordinator.  It allows you to stay on top of the the most recent developments in recruiting and to stay on top of them.  This trend will continue in Ft. Mitchell as long as Volker is there.  Keeping him should be top priority, especially when the time comes in the near future when the Elder job opens up.

On 5/8/2024 at 8:47 PM, Cousin Chris said:

I would have thought congratulations would have been in order but if you prefer to dismiss their offer because Butler doesn’t offer athletic scholarships then I guess that’s your prerogative.  Ivy League schools do not give athletic scholarships but I have not seen any correction about it being misleading when players have been offered by Ivy League schools.  Word is that both of the young men have had a lot of schools in to meet with them over the last month so I am sure they will both get other offers.  Hopefully they will meet your approval for legitimate offers.

Please tell me you know there is a significant difference between the Ivy League and Pioneer League? Given how defensive you are, I assume you do.

Getting an opportunity to play college football at any level deserves congratulations, especially when a team says they want you on their team. Congrats to the young men. 

Saying DI offer is absolutely misleading here when a school does not offer athletic scholarships. 
 

 

As I am sure you know there are many FCS programs that either offers partial athletic scholarships or no athletic scholarships and yes The Ivy League and The Patriot League are two of those leagues.  I never compared the 2 conferences as far as football programs just that the comment was that because Butler did not offer scholarships that it was “misleading’ to say the 2 Beechwood kids received a D1 offer.  I wasn’t trying to be defensive I just thought it was disrespectful to those 2 boys who have worked hard to get those offers no matter who the offer is from to say that they really didn’t get a D1 offer.  I have seen many kids on this site who have gotten offers from Patriot League teams like Dayton and others but I never saw anyone saying those offers were misleading because they did not offer athletic scholarships.  I think we should always be encouraging and supportive of all the young men no matter where they go to school.  The season will be starting soon and I am sure both these young men will prove themselves worthy of the offers they receive.

On 5/10/2024 at 1:46 PM, New Colonel said:

I've heard similar things over at Dixie with college coaches.  

I don't want this to come off the wrong way, but I wonder how much of it has to do with these former Ohio coaches.  The Cincy schools seem to do a MUCH better job in getting eyes on their players.  

Now, Volker's connections in the college football world are probably more than anyone else in the area.  It really helps out when your brother is a D-1 college coordinator.  It allows you to stay on top of the the most recent developments in recruiting and to stay on top of them.  This trend will continue in Ft. Mitchell as long as Volker is there.  Keeping him should be top priority, especially when the time comes in the near future when the Elder job opens up.

No chance he gets the Elder job right now. Having D1 kids makes D1 coaches come around. I’m sure coaches are doing their best in building connections, but recruiting has changed more in the past ten years than ever before with social media. 

On 5/10/2024 at 11:44 PM, Cousin Chris said:

As I am sure you know there are many FCS programs that either offers partial athletic scholarships or no athletic scholarships and yes The Ivy League and The Patriot League are two of those leagues.  I never compared the 2 conferences as far as football programs just that the comment was that because Butler did not offer scholarships that it was “misleading’ to say the 2 Beechwood kids received a D1 offer.  I wasn’t trying to be defensive I just thought it was disrespectful to those 2 boys who have worked hard to get those offers no matter who the offer is from to say that they really didn’t get a D1 offer.  I have seen many kids on this site who have gotten offers from Patriot League teams like Dayton and others but I never saw anyone saying those offers were misleading because they did not offer athletic scholarships.  I think we should always be encouraging and supportive of all the young men no matter where they go to school.  The season will be starting soon and I am sure both these young men will prove themselves worthy of the offers they receive.

"Fully funded" FCS programs can give 63 scholarships and be "broken up" compared to FBS, which is a head count sport so its strictly 85 (or one per person).  I say fully funded because these lower level programs like FCS, D2 and NAIA don't have to use the number allotted... they can choose to go with a lower number.  Its really up to the school and budget.  FYI... Patriot League has 60 full athletic scholarships for football now (that can be broken up).  This started a few years ago given the cost to attend these schools.  Which brings me to the Pioneer League... this is good football... no doubt.  It is D1 and if a team is good enough they can qualify for the FCS playoffs.  The Pioneer League came about because a lot of the schools in the 80's Dayton, Butler, etc. had d1 basketball programs but lower level football programs. The NCAA mandated that all their programs be in one level.  I know there are outliers to this, hockey/lacrosse, etc.), but that is the reason the Pioneer League was founded.  I can see a time coming where Pioneer League starts offering athletic money as the cost of attendance is VERY high at most of those schools.   

On 5/11/2024 at 10:48 PM, Buck2 said:

No chance he gets the Elder job right now. Having D1 kids makes D1 coaches come around. I’m sure coaches are doing their best in building connections, but recruiting has changed more in the past ten years than ever before with social media. 

I didn't say it was right now, I said whenever it becomes available.

 

And having D1 kids definitely makes those D1 coaches come around, but there are definitely coaches that do a MUCH better job of getting eyes on their players.  And IMO, it seems the Cincy coaches do a much better job of that than on this side of the river overall.  And yes, recruiting has changed dramatically over the past decade, not just with social media, but with the camps and clinics.  NKY should have a bigger advantage with many schools having Spring Football, something that Ohio does not have.  (I know Beechwood doesn't, or hasn't in the past, not sure about this year).  And the point I was trying to make with Volker is, he will always be up on the latest trends with recruiting since his brother is a D-1 College coordinator.  He's always going to be in the loop and always be a step ahead of 95% of high school coaches with regards to recruiting, which is only going to help Beechwood for the foreseeable future. 

Beechwood WR/RB/DB Luke Erdman won the state championship yesterday in the 100 meter, the 200 meter and the 4 x 100 relay.  He set new school records and almost broke the all time class A state record.  Luke’s teammates on the 4 x 100 relay were James Cusack (Junior), Brody Aylor (Sophomore) and Nathan Pabst (Freshman).  All 4 of these young men will play important roles on the football field next season.  You throw in the Fryman kid (Baseball) who is probably close to Erdman as far as speed and the Tigers are going to be really really fast next season.  Whoever they are playing better bring their track shoes.  And I haven’t even mentioned last seasons district player of the year QB Clay Hayden, RB Chase Flaherty and one of the biggest and fastest lines that Beechwood has had in years.  I think it’s going to be a fun and fast fall in Ft. Mitchell.  Congrats to Luke, James and all their teammates.

Here are the 4x100m champs with a time of 43.28.

4x100.jpg

I saw on twitter this morning that James Cusick ran a 4.56 at the Navy camp this week.  The kid is an absolute stud who gets lost in the shuffle sometimes because Beechwood has 3 receivers who could start anywhere in the state.  Cusick is 6 foot unreal athleticism and catches anything close to him.  It’s just a matter of time before this kid blows up.  Congrats James!

Clay Hayden picks up his first offer to U Indy. Congrats young man- sure to be the first of many! 

image.thumb.png.f8a3c778341ce1cb42422adf989fbf42.png

Congrats Clay!  Best pure thrower in the state.  Looking forward to a great season and many more offers.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.