Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2024 Beechwood Tigers

Featured Replies

10 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Did the campus facilities have anything to do with the tenure of Rash, Yeagle or Barre? I don't understand what you are asking.

My bad, let me get a little more blunt...Do you think the campus improvements will be enough to outweigh other opportunities that Volker will have down the road taking into account that he is not a NKY guy like Rash and Yeagle? 

  • Replies 148
  • Views 34k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • DevilMayCare
    DevilMayCare

    Clay Hayden has been invited to the Elite 11 regional competition, I'm guessing in Columbus on April 21st. One of the state's top quarterbacks gets a chance to show he's also one of the best in t

  • Cousin Chris
    Cousin Chris

    Beechwood WR/RB/DB Luke Erdman won the state championship yesterday in the 100 meter, the 200 meter and the 4 x 100 relay.  He set new school records and almost broke the all time class A state record

  • gbballfan21
    gbballfan21

    Seems like there are more college coaches visiting Beechwood than ever before.    Kudos to Coach Volker for making it a priority! 

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I'm not looking to expand this discussion in this thread, but could you provide some examples please? Just a couple school names are enough. 

The point I'm trying to make is Beechwood has nothing in terms of facilities, academic or athletic, that most other schools don't have.  

Turkey Foot has green roof and tons of solar panels for energy efficiency.  Cov Cath has pretty high tech Stem labs.  Most high schools in the area have two gyms. Simon Kenton and Campbell County have greenhouses for agricultural type classes. I also suggest you check out IGNITE Institute which has an incredible academic campus completely different than any other school in NKY.

Scott IMO has the best athletic facilities overall in NKY.  Boone County and Ryle have facilities for academics and athletics that Beechwood could only dream of simply because Beechwood doesn't have room.  

Beechwood is a wonderful place with wonderful people, but to claim their facilities are second to none is being disingenuous at best, they don't even provide bussing for their elementary students, which is a basic universal right IMHO.  

And I definitely agree that Volker makes the move back across the river, especially if Beechwood wins state this year.  He would make 100k+ at the larger Cincy public schools.

5 hours ago, Honey Badger said:

My bad, let me get a little more blunt...Do you think the campus improvements will be enough to outweigh other opportunities that Volker will have down the road taking into account that he is not a NKY guy like Rash and Yeagle? 

I do not unless Beechwood is willing to open their checkbooks to compete with the type of money he'll command across the river.  I still think he is the front runner if and when Elder opens up.

On 7/3/2024 at 12:24 AM, Cincinnati Cobra said:

I have heard Elder graduate Jay Volker's name mentioned by several GCL know-it-alls plus a former Lakota school district administrator when it comes to the future direction of high school football in southwest Ohio. Based on wages, alone, anyone at Beechwood who isn't prepared for Volker to head back across the pond eventually is burying their head in the sand.

From everything I have heard from those close to the program Coach Volker is a great guy and he is obviously a pretty good football coach.  I am sure the day will come when other programs will come after him so I am just going to enjoy the upcoming season.  I am sure Beechwood will either do what they need to do to keep Coach Volker or find another great coach.  Beechwood is one of the best football coaching jobs in the state of Kentucky so I am sure they will not have a problem finding many highly qualified candidates if it comes to that.  I am sure the Beechwood faithful will be very happy if Coach Volker has the title of defending State Championship Coach when we are talking about this same old tired subject next year.

9 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I'm not looking to expand this discussion in this thread, but could you provide some examples please? Just a couple school names are enough. 

I will say Ludlow is also going through a major multi million dollar renovation at their school. Once that renovation is done, it also will be one of the nicest ones around. To go along with all the upgrades they have done to their football, baseball, and softball fields. 
 

At the end of the day it is great seeing a lot of schools starting to put money into upgrades into both the school buildings and sport facilities. 

3 hours ago, New Colonel said:

Beechwood could only dream of simply because Beechwood doesn't have room.  

I have been thinking this for a long long time that Beechwood is eventually handicapped facilities wise in what they can do because of location.

  • Author
9 hours ago, Honey Badger said:

My bad, let me get a little more blunt...Do you think the campus improvements will be enough to outweigh other opportunities that Volker will have down the road taking into account that he is not a NKY guy like Rash and Yeagle? 

No.

Let me clarify for all, my comment about the facilities has ZERO to do with Volker or anything related to athletics. My comment was to say the superintendent has led a fantastic campus renovation. 

  • Author
3 hours ago, New Colonel said:

I do not unless Beechwood is willing to open their checkbooks to compete with the type of money he'll command across the river.  I still think he is the front runner if and when Elder opens up.

Money will not stop Volker from going to the GCL if that is his goal. Beechwood's best hope for Volker staying is Volker falls in love with the school and the community like so many others have. 

  • Author
1 hour ago, Cousin Chris said:

From everything I have heard from those close to the program Coach Volker is a great guy and he is obviously a pretty good football coach.  I am sure the day will come when other programs will come after him so I am just going to enjoy the upcoming season.  I am sure Beechwood will either do what they need to do to keep Coach Volker or find another great coach.  Beechwood is one of the best football coaching jobs in the state of Kentucky so I am sure they will not have a problem finding many highly qualified candidates if it comes to that.  I am sure the Beechwood faithful will be very happy if Coach Volker has the title of defending State Championship Coach when we are talking about this same old tired subject next year.

Thank you, Thank you Thank you!!

Enough said on that topic because it has nothing to do with Beechwood 2024. Everything changes. Players change. Coaches change. Enjoy the moment!

1 hour ago, futurecoach said:

I will say Ludlow is also going through a major multi million dollar renovation at their school. Once that renovation is done, it also will be one of the nicest ones around. To go along with all the upgrades they have done to their football, baseball, and softball fields. 
 

At the end of the day it is great seeing a lot of schools starting to put money into upgrades into both the school buildings and sport facilities. 

Ludlow's field is a lawsuit waiting to happen with how insanely hard the playing surface is.  It's definitely going to cause tons of concussions.

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

Money will not stop Volker from going to the GCL if that is his goal. Beechwood's best hope for Volker staying is Volker falls in love with the school and the community like so many others have. 

GCL pays their coaches, that's how they keep them from bailing to other schools.  Money won't be a consideration for him if GCL schools come calling.

  • Author
1 hour ago, New Colonel said:

GCL pays their coaches, that's how they keep them from bailing to other schools.  Money won't be a consideration for him if GCL schools come calling.

Exactly. 

Luke Erdman was recognized by the Cincinnati Enquirer as one of the Top 10 wide receivers in Greater Cincinnati heading into the 2024 football season. Along with Cooper's Isaiah Johnson & Austin Alexander, and Ryle's Landon Lorms, four of the top ten receivers in Greater Cincinnati were from Northern Kentucky football programs.

  • Author
6 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Luke Erdman was recognized by the Cincinnati Enquirer as one of the Top 10 wide receivers in Greater Cincinnati heading into the 2024 football season. Along with Cooper's Isaiah Johnson & Austin Alexander, and Ryle's Landon Lorms, four of the top ten receivers in Greater Cincinnati were from Northern Kentucky football programs.

Congrats to Luke, the fastest player in KY. 

On 7/4/2024 at 12:28 PM, New Colonel said:

Ludlow's field is a lawsuit waiting to happen with how insanely hard the playing surface is.  It's definitely going to cause tons of concussions.

Had not heard this before.  Is this first hand knowledge(?) or rumor from another source?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.