Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2024 Beechwood Tigers

Featured Replies

Man I can't wait to watch Beechwood's offense this year. That offense puts them at the top of my list right now as far as teams I am excited to go watch. All the Cooper, Highlands, Cov Cath people don't need to jump all over me for seeing "top of my list" I am just saying that offense will be very entertaining. Times ticking down..... 

  • Replies 148
  • Views 34k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • DevilMayCare
    DevilMayCare

    Clay Hayden has been invited to the Elite 11 regional competition, I'm guessing in Columbus on April 21st. One of the state's top quarterbacks gets a chance to show he's also one of the best in t

  • Cousin Chris
    Cousin Chris

    Beechwood WR/RB/DB Luke Erdman won the state championship yesterday in the 100 meter, the 200 meter and the 4 x 100 relay.  He set new school records and almost broke the all time class A state record

  • gbballfan21
    gbballfan21

    Seems like there are more college coaches visiting Beechwood than ever before.    Kudos to Coach Volker for making it a priority! 

Posted Images

I couldn’t agree more.  With Clay Hayden, one of the top QBs in the state throwing the ball to Erdman (10.7 100 meter) Cusick (4.56 40 yard dash) and Fryman (6.2 60 yard dash) it’s going to be really exciting.  And then you throw in RB Chase Flaherty running the ball behind that big athletic O Line Beechwood is going to be a problem.  You better be able to score a lot of points because it’s going to be really hard to keep that offense out of the end zone.

Has Beechwood made any scheme adjustments year 2 under Volker?  

I strongly feel that making their scheme more streamlined last season would've taken them further in the post season.

  • Author
3 hours ago, New Colonel said:

Has Beechwood made any scheme adjustments year 2 under Volker?  

I strongly feel that making their scheme more streamlined last season would've taken them further in the post season.

You asking about offense, defense or both?

I'm not 100% convinced that their running game will be that dominant, but, they'll have a ton of weapons at Hayden's disposal and should be stout in the trenches. How's the defense going to be { LB's/DB's } ?

2 hours ago, jeff jackson said:

I'm not 100% convinced that their running game will be that dominant, but, they'll have a ton of weapons at Hayden's disposal and should be stout in the trenches. How's the defense going to be { LB's/DB's } ?

What do you feel is holding their running game back? Scheme? By saying they will be stout in the trenches I am pretty positive that includes the O line unless I have lost the understanding of trenches. If they are stout in the trenches I think that is the first part of being able to run the ball.

12 minutes ago, Honey Badger said:

 

I think they could have a problem finding balance because they are loaded with so much talent and there is only 1 ball but that's a problem most coaches would sell their house for and its a bunch of unselfish kids who know what they have to sacrifice if they want to reach the lofty expectations set at Beechwood year in and year out. Same as college and the NFL you have to have a run game when deep playoff runs come and I am sure Volker won't over look that. 

17 hours ago, New Colonel said:

Has Beechwood made any scheme adjustments year 2 under Volker?  

I strongly feel that making their scheme more streamlined last season would've taken them further in the post season.

Further? Like one game?

Chase Flaherty could easily rush for 1500 yards this season if they give him the ball 20 times per game but with all the weapons on the outside  and the fact that in most games he will not get many carries in the 2nd half it will limit his opportunities.  With the O line they are going to have and with Flaherty running the ball I don’t think the run game is a concern at all.

2 hours ago, Cousin Chris said:

Chase Flaherty could easily rush for 1500 yards this season if they give him the ball 20 times per game but with all the weapons on the outside  and the fact that in most games he will not get many carries in the 2nd half it will limit his opportunities.  With the O line they are going to have and with Flaherty running the ball I don’t think the run game is a concern at all.

Yupp...Just don't get too flashy and remember where the program really started from and see where the cards lay from there...don't get me wrong though they need to display to fullest all that talent they have whenever they choose too.

8 hours ago, Cousin Chris said:

Chase Flaherty could easily rush for 1500 yards this season if they give him the ball 20 times per game but with all the weapons on the outside  and the fact that in most games he will not get many carries in the 2nd half it will limit his opportunities.  With the O line they are going to have and with Flaherty running the ball I don’t think the run game is a concern at all.

I don't think they have a concern running the ball, it just seemed like they passed the ball about 75% of the time last year and with all the talent outside, I don't expect that to change much this year. In 90% of the games, they'll just out talent other teams. How will the run game perform when they play the better teams deep in the playoffs capable of at least slowing down the air game? It's not hard looking dominant against there district schedule. I'm sure they'll be more than adequate just not convinced they'll be dominant on the ground and they may not even have to be.

7 minutes ago, jeff jackson said:

I don't think they have a concern running the ball, it just seemed like they passed the ball about 75% of the time last year and with all the talent outside, I don't expect that to change much this year. In 90% of the games, they'll just out talent other teams. How will the run game perform when they play the better teams deep in the playoffs capable of at least slowing down the air game? It's not hard looking dominant against there district schedule. I'm sure they'll be more than adequate just not convinced they'll be dominant on the ground and they may not even have to be.

That run game is going to need to be there whether they want to have it or not...Whether they like it or not. that's the real difference maker for what they want to do at the end of it all.

Beechwood is loaded with talent they should make a strong run in 2A.

Unless I missed it in this thread.  What two teams are Beechwood scrimmaging this year? I know Beechwood decided to drop the Cooper scrimmage that they played in the second scrimmage last year. So I wasn’t sure who they picked up for their scrimmages this year? 
 

Beechwood will be absolutely loaded this year and no doubt one of the top 3 teams in NKY. 

I've got Beechwood with 16 positions featuring a returning starter, eight on offense, seven on defense and one kicker. That's a lot of experience and continuity.

Offense: QB Clay Hayden, RB Chase Flaherty, WR Luke Erdman, WR James Cusick, WR Tyler Fryman, OL Mattox Kelly, OL Chance Baugh, OL Jack Meier, PK Colson Lair.

Defense: DL Mattox Kelly, DL Jordan Wagner, LB Jack Meier, LB Brody Waddell, DB James Cusick, DB Luke Erdman, DB Tyler Fryman.

Beechwooders, do I have that right?

Plus, lineman Cole Howard, 6-3 270. He was a starter last year at Moeller.

Hayden is a year stronger and wiser and in his second year in coach Volker's system with good protection up front and his top three receivers back. Look out! Erdman can run 21 miles per hour. Cusick can run 20 mph. That's fast. Who's covering them? As for scheme adjustments, I hear Volker wants to do a better job establishing the run and stopping the run. But who doesn't.

Can Beechwood beat CovCath with all that? Maybe. Mayfield? Hmmm...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.