Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2024 Beechwood Tigers

Featured Replies

11 hours ago, futurecoach said:

Unless I missed it in this thread.  What two teams are Beechwood scrimmaging this year? I know Beechwood decided to drop the Cooper scrimmage that they played in the second scrimmage last year. So I wasn’t sure who they picked up for their scrimmages this year? 
 

Beechwood will be absolutely loaded this year and no doubt one of the top 3 teams in NKY. 

Any idea why Beechwood dropped Cooper?  I assume it was because Coach Volker didn't want to take a "loss" going into the regular season.  

  • Replies 148
  • Views 34k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • DevilMayCare
    DevilMayCare

    Clay Hayden has been invited to the Elite 11 regional competition, I'm guessing in Columbus on April 21st. One of the state's top quarterbacks gets a chance to show he's also one of the best in t

  • Cousin Chris
    Cousin Chris

    Beechwood WR/RB/DB Luke Erdman won the state championship yesterday in the 100 meter, the 200 meter and the 4 x 100 relay.  He set new school records and almost broke the all time class A state record

  • gbballfan21
    gbballfan21

    Seems like there are more college coaches visiting Beechwood than ever before.    Kudos to Coach Volker for making it a priority! 

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, theguru said:

Any idea why Beechwood dropped Cooper?  I assume it was because Coach Volker didn't want to take a "loss" going into the regular season.  

I'm not sure why Beechwood dropped the Cooper scrimmage, as I think it would have been a good scrimmage for both. I assume Beechwood at least added another good team to scrimmage instead.  

  • Author
1 hour ago, theguru said:

Any idea why Beechwood dropped Cooper?  I assume it was because Coach Volker didn't want to take a "loss" going into the regular season.  

 

16 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

I'm not sure why Beechwood dropped the Cooper scrimmage, as I think it would have been a good scrimmage for both. I assume Beechwood at least added another good team to scrimmage instead.  

Do we know if Cooper dropped the scrimmage or if Beechwood dropped it?

22 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

 

Do we know if Cooper dropped the scrimmage or if Beechwood dropped it?

Beechwood dropped it. 

14 hours ago, futurecoach said:

Unless I missed it in this thread.  What two teams are Beechwood scrimmaging this year? I know Beechwood decided to drop the Cooper scrimmage that they played in the second scrimmage last year. So I wasn’t sure who they picked up for their scrimmages this year? 
 

Beechwood will be absolutely loaded this year and no doubt one of the top 3 teams in NKY. 

Beechwood will scrimmage Ryle (8/9) and Purcell Marian, OH (8/16) this year.  I believe both are at Beechwood.  

4 hours ago, theguru said:

Any idea why Beechwood dropped Cooper?  I assume it was because Coach Volker didn't want to take a "loss" going into the regular season.  

Volker is not worried about taking a loss in a scrimmage.  It’s a scrimmage who cares who wins.  I am sure Purcell Marian provides them what they need to prepare for the season and that is why you scrimmage.  Anyway if Beechwood played Cooper I am not so sure Cooper wins.  When these kids were all freshman Beechwood beat the brakes off Cooper and they did not have some of their key players on this seasons team.  As someone already commented Beechwood was pretty good last year with their only 2 losses being extremely close losses to Cov Cath (who was 4A state runner up) and Mayfield (who was 2A state champs) and they have almost every starter back.  With the exception of the loss of Xavier Campbell they are probably better and a year older bigger and faster than last year.  Cooper has a lot of key pieces back from last years team but they also had some key losses.  I would love to see Beechwood match up against all the bigger schools in NKY but unfortunately the state requires you to play all the teams in your district which doesn’t leave a lot of wiggle room for scheduling.  I am pretty sure that the coaches at Cooper, Highlands, Ryle and some of the other bigger schools in NKY are very happy to not see Beechwood on their schedule this season.

16 minutes ago, Cousin Chris said:

Volker is not worried about taking a loss in a scrimmage.  It’s a scrimmage who cares who wins.  I am sure Purcell Marian provides them what they need to prepare for the season and that is why you scrimmage.  Anyway if Beechwood played Cooper I am not so sure Cooper wins.  When these kids were all freshman Beechwood beat the brakes off Cooper and they did not have some of their key players on this seasons team.  As someone already commented Beechwood was pretty good last year with their only 2 losses being extremely close losses to Cov Cath (who was 4A state runner up) and Mayfield (who was 2A state champs) and they have almost every starter back.  With the exception of the loss of Xavier Campbell they are probably better and a year older bigger and faster than last year.  Cooper has a lot of key pieces back from last years team but they also had some key losses.  I would love to see Beechwood match up against all the bigger schools in NKY but unfortunately the state requires you to play all the teams in your district which doesn’t leave a lot of wiggle room for scheduling.  I am pretty sure that the coaches at Cooper, Highlands, Ryle and some of the other bigger schools in NKY are very happy to not see Beechwood on their schedule this season.

Cooper handled Beechwood pretty easily last year in the scrimmage and only lost 3 seniors that started. You referencing a freshman game from 3 years ago is not much of an indicator of anything. Considering in that Freshman game Cooper didn’t really have any of its top players that currently play. Such as Austin Alexander, Isaiah Johnson who was out with a broken collarbone for that game, Mason Stanton who was only playing varsity by the time of that freshman game and didn’t play. Then these guys also didn’t play in that game. Cam O’Hara one of the top QBs in the state, Keagan Maher, Ryker Campbell, Mike Mulvihill, Josiah Pouncy, Jaiden Combs. I think only 3 players that played in that freshman game you mention actually play and contribute much. Isaac Brown, Malachi Ewell, and Austin Perriman. Which Isaac Brown  I believe was in his first year playing football that year. Not to mention Cooper was down to their 4th string QB for that freshman game if I remember correctly. 

So bringing up a freshman game from 3 years ago really doesn’t support what you are saying at all. With that said, Cooper and Beechwood should be three of the top teams in NKY this year. If they were to play it would have been a good game, but I think Cooper would have eventually won by around two touchdowns. 

If anyone is interested:

 

  • Author
4 hours ago, futurecoach said:

Beechwood dropped it. 

 

3 hours ago, SPKY17 said:

Beechwood will scrimmage Ryle (8/9) and Purcell Marian, OH (8/16) this year.  I believe both are at Beechwood.  

Got it. So if Beechwood dropped Ryle and kept Cooper people would be squawking about why did Beechwood drop Ryle.

It is about getting ready for real games and Coach Volker thinks these two scrimmages will do that. Purcell Marion was 10-3 last year so it isn't like Beechwood chose to replace Cooper with a walk over for a scrimmage. Coach's perogative to do what he feels is best for this year’s team. 

4 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Got it. So if Beechwood dropped Ryle and kept Cooper people would be squawking about why did Beechwood drop Ryle.

It is about getting ready for real games and Coach Volker thinks these two scrimmages will do that. Purcell Marion was 10-3 last year so it isn't like Beechwood chose to replace Cooper with a walk over for a scrimmage. Coach's prerogative to do what he feels is best for this year’s team. 

If you are Coach Volker it also has the added benefit of putting yourself on the radar of Ohio athletic directors and principals. 

  • Author
27 minutes ago, theguru said:

If you are Coach Volker it also has the added benefit of putting yourself on the radar of Ohio athletic directors and principals. 

Good for him. We all have goals. 

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

 

Got it. So if Beechwood dropped Ryle and kept Cooper people would be squawking about why did Beechwood drop Ryle.

It is about getting ready for real games and Coach Volker thinks these two scrimmages will do that. Purcell Marion was 10-3 last year so it isn't like Beechwood chose to replace Cooper with a walk over for a scrimmage. Coach's perogative to do what he feels is best for this year’s team. 

The original question was simply just asking who did Beechwood replace Cooper with and SPKY17 answered that. 

4 hours ago, futurecoach said:

Cooper handled Beechwood pretty easily last year in the scrimmage and only lost 3 seniors that started. You referencing a freshman game from 3 years ago is not much of an indicator of anything. Considering in that Freshman game Cooper didn’t really have any of its top players that currently play. Such as Austin Alexander, Isaiah Johnson who was out with a broken collarbone for that game, Mason Stanton who was only playing varsity by the time of that freshman game and didn’t play. Then these guys also didn’t play in that game. Cam O’Hara one of the top QBs in the state, Keagan Maher, Ryker Campbell, Mike Mulvihill, Josiah Pouncy, Jaiden Combs. I think only 3 players that played in that freshman game you mention actually play and contribute much. Isaac Brown, Malachi Ewell, and Austin Perriman. Which Isaac Brown  I believe was in his first year playing football that year. Not to mention Cooper was down to their 4th string QB for that freshman game if I remember correctly. 

So bringing up a freshman game from 3 years ago really doesn’t support what you are saying at all. With that said, Cooper and Beechwood should be three of the top teams in NKY this year. If they were to play it would have been a good game, but I think Cooper would have eventually won by around two touchdowns. 

Beechwood was also missing 4 of their main contributors from this years squad in that game so I guess the only things we have is a freshman game with multiple current players from both teams not playing in the game that Beechwood absolutely beat the brakes off of Cooper and a “SCRIMMAGE”.  Scrimmage, did you say scrimmage?  You really talkin about a scrimmage?  Like I said before there are a lot of big school NKY coaches glad to not have Beechwood on their schedule this year.

2 hours ago, Cousin Chris said:

Beechwood was also missing 4 of their main contributors from this years squad in that game so I guess the only things we have is a freshman game with multiple current players from both teams not playing in the game that Beechwood absolutely beat the brakes off of Cooper and a “SCRIMMAGE”.  Scrimmage, did you say scrimmage?  You really talkin about a scrimmage?  Like I said before there are a lot of big school NKY coaches glad to not have Beechwood on their schedule this year.

Haha ok man. I will say that scrimmage last year with many of the same players that will be on this years teams for both. Gives a ten times better indicator than a freshman game 3 years ago where literally basically maybe 3 players actually played in it lol. 
 

I'm literally not even sure what you are trying to do with this. I know I wasn’t putting Beechwood down at all, and even acknowledged that Beechwood is definitely a top 3 team in NKY. I’m not sure what your comments about teams being happy Beechwood is not on their schedule. I know for a fact Cooper was disappointed that Beechwood no longer wanted to even scrimmage. It would  have been a good scrimmage for both teams. Instead Cooper now will be making the trip down to Cal. 

There is that word again scrimmage ha ha…  In all seriousness I hope Cooper has a great season this year.  I know Austin Alexander and his family and they are absolutely great people.  Nothing would make me happier than to see NKY teams playing in and winning state championships.  I also agree with you that there are 4-5 really good football teams in NKY this season that all have a shot at a state championship.  Obviously Boyle and Trinity are going to make it hard in 4A and 6A but 2A and 5A are definitely winnable.  I look forward to the season and keeping up with all the NKY players and teams.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.