Harbaugh's last game?

Jumper_Dad

Did Harbaugh just coach his last Michigan game?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Did Harbaugh just coach his last Michigan game?

• Yes, he gone!
    • No, he's not done at Michigan yet.

This poll is closed to new votes

Pride restored, Domination of Ohio State in place and now a CFP Title. Harbaugh has completed all of his goals at Michigan. So the question is, does he stay and keep it rolling or does he jump back to the NFL?

His quote from last night sure doesn’t settle anything. 

"I just want to enjoy this. I hope you give me that. Can a guy have that? Does it always have to be what's next, what's the future?"

"Like I said the other day, I hope to have a future. I hope there's a tomorrow, a day after tomorrow, a next week, a next month, a next year."

So is Jim gone or will he be back at Michigan next year?

2 hours ago, DanvilleFan said:

I think if he takes a job in the NFL it would have to be a team in the Midwest.  I don't see him going back to the West Coast.

If I were him, I'd stay at Michigan.  You have great job security now.

I've always thought he'd be a good choice for Chicago but it hasn't happened yet. The NFL jobs available right now are Chargers, Raiders, Falcons, Titans, Commanders, and potentially the Patriots (I might have missed one). I'm not sure which of those would be appealing to him, although I think he would be an excellent hire for any of those teams.

2 hours ago, gchs_uk9 said:

I've always thought he'd be a good choice for Chicago but it hasn't happened yet. The NFL jobs available right now are Chargers, Raiders, Falcons, Titans, Commanders, and potentially the Patriots (I might have missed one). I'm not sure which of those would be appealing to him, although I think he would be an excellent hire for any of those teams.

I think the Commanders job is attractive because they finally have new ownership and I can see already that the ownership group is serious about winning.  They've already brought Joe Gibbs on board and that's a good sign.  Even though I'm a Cowboys fan, the division is better when Washington is good and their fans deserve better.

I know the media is big on the Chargers but that franchise screams dysfunctional to me.  Most people still think they are in San Diego!

Harbaugh was interviewed yesterday by the Chargers. 

Apparently, Harbaugh is looking for immunity from termination from any finding or sanction from NCAA investigations in trying to renegotiate a deal with Michigan. - per Dan Wetzel

Not sure why he would need this if there were no wrongdoing? 😉

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, bugatti said:

Harbaugh was interviewed yesterday by the Chargers. 

Apparently, Harbaugh is looking for immunity from termination from any finding or sanction from NCAA investigations in trying to renegotiate a deal with Michigan. - per Dan Wetzel

Not sure why he would need this if there were no wrongdoing? 😉

Because it's the NCAA. They have their own irrational world.

1 hour ago, TheDeuce said:

Sounds like if he doesn't get that guarantee he may bolt to the NFL, which would be a horrendous look assuming Michigan gets whacked with something. 

He wants immunity from getting fired for violating NCAA rules? Because, of course he does! 😆 🤣 😂 

• Like 1

I think this was a great power move.

If Michigan says no then he can say "well I wanted to stay because as you know I am a Michigan man, but the University would not protect me from the NCAA on these baseless spying accusations.  For my well being I will have to go to the NFL...but I really would have stayed........"

If Michigan says yes then  he is set for life......well that is until he has his next violation.   But if they say yes then he is well protected from any violation that occurred that is being investigated.  Plus I am sure while that is being added to the contract his hefty raise will be as well.  

• theguru locked and unlocked this topic
  • theguru locked this topic