Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengals Cap Space

Featured Replies

  • Author
I'd take it, but there are other problems on D.

 

I don't know what the draft has to offer in terms of linebackers, but I'd like to see someone with an attitude there for the Bengals.

 

If Clements wants to come back to Ohio, for a reasonable price, I'm game. I don't know that that'll happen, though.

I never said his price would be "reasonable"...

  • Replies 51
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I never said his price would be "reasonable"...

 

So you'd be willing to overpay?

  • Author
So you'd be willing to overpay?

They can afford to overpay one player in the top of the FA market....

They can afford to overpay but which position do they chose? If Smith is let lose they need a DE, and could use another DT along with another LB and another CB, man we need more than one on D.

Samuuel played some good CB today, the Bengals could use another CB to go along with JJ and Deltha.

 

 

 

 

 

The last word: "We've talked to them about a new contract. What they offered isn't even worth discussing. It's disappointing. You want to believe that they know what you've done. So you hope for the best, but end up feeling underappreciated. You feel disrespected, especially (with) how they come at you with so much negative stuff. They show you such a low regard. I took it personally at first. You'd think I would have been around this team long enough to realize that it's all about business." -- New England cornerback Asante Samuel, who tied for the NFL lead in interceptions in 2006 and who can become an unrestricted free agent this spring, on contract discussions with Patriots officials

I expect one big name FA on D. LB, CB or DL...

I know it's a huge longshot, but can we dream of Freeny in black and orange?

They can afford to overpay but which position do they chose? If Smith is let lose they need a DE, and could use another DT along with another LB and another CB, man we need more than one on D.

 

Not if they switch to a 3-4.

2007 Cap Limit $109,000,000

Estimated Bengals 2007 Salary/Cap $84,564,406

Dead Money $63,500

Players 45 Cap Space (Under) $24,372,094

 

Includes Offseason Roster - top 51 salaries 51 Cap Space (top 51 salaries) $22,437,094

 

Number of Players Signed 45 Avg Salary per Player $1,879,209

 

Players to fill out 53 man roster 8 Avg Salary Available

per Player $3,046,512

 

 

http://www.cap.go-bengals.com/

 

As Marvin Lewis says, the cap number is fluid because of roster decisions.

Not if they switch to a 3-4.

Not happening this year.

  • Author
As Marvin Lewis says, the cap number is fluid because of roster decisions.

Thanks Cpt Obvious...

Not happening this year.

 

I don't believe that decision has been made yet; last year it depended on who they got in the draft. I believe this year will be the same; they will look at personnel and see who fits what scheme the best.

 

With nothing happening, I like Robinson, Adams, Thornton, Fanene, Smith, Peko, & Rucker competing for the top 6 positions.

 

That would leave at LB-Geathers(switch OLB), Brooks, Miller, Jeanty, L. Johnson, Simmons, Nicholson fighting for spots with Friazier and hopefully Wilkins back for special teams.

Not happening this year.

 

Honestly I think there is a decent chance it will happen this year maybe...

L-A-N-C-E B-R-I-G-G-S

That would be AWESOME! I'd be dancing in the streets!!!

:dancingpa :banana: :dancingpa :banana:

L-A-N-C-E B-R-I-G-G-S

The Bears are NUTS if they let him get away! #1 choice for Stick!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.