Curtis Pulley has left UK

letabrotherspeak

One question did he play in the bowl game? Cause one would think that Grades would be in by then. I mean he can't have messed up that bad this semester yet!

Just a shot. He may have just not taken his exams. At some schools this would result in an incomplete for a period of time and then turn into an F. That may have given him a window to play in the bowl game.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The academic issues aren't as severe as it is sounding. He played in the bowl and was credited on the MCB final stat sheet with 1 reception and a blocked FG.

Last summer Curtis left UK for 4 days due to a illness in his family and then a rumor got going he was skipping classes. People have assumed Curtis wants to play QB. He told the staff on signing day when he called them to notify them he would be signing there that he just wanted to be on the field rather it be QB, WR, FS, or SS.

Curtis hasn't been the happiest person at Kentucky and has considered the possibility of transferring. He's got some things going on away from football and UK involving his family that is NOBODY'S business except his and his families. He's kept it together the best he can and handled it like a man.

Curtis was upset after the bowl game when a Clemson Assistant sent a note over to the UK locker room after the game. They was inviting Curtis over to their locker room to visit 3 of his friends that play for Clemson. Curtis is originally from South Carolina and his Father still lives there. When Curtis asked for Coach Brooks permission to go over Brooks told him NO. Curtis didn't back talk nobody but was disappointed that for some reason Brooks wouldn't allow him to walk over there. (It's common for players to mingle with opposing players after a game.)

Question.

When a player leaves school for "academic reasons" why is it always presented as they "dropped out?" Wouldnt it be more accurate to say they were kicked out of school? I mean, if he could still be in school, it would be dumb to not stay there, or is he going to be going to KCTCS (LCC) this semester? If so, that makes sense, but if not I dont get it.

The academic issues aren't as severe as it is sounding. He played in the bowl and was credited on the MCB final stat sheet with 1 reception and a blocked FG.

Last summer Curtis left UK for 4 days due to a illness in his family and then a rumor got going he was skipping classes. People have assumed Curtis wants to play QB. He told the staff on signing day when he called them to notify them he would be signing there that he just wanted to be on the field rather it be QB, WR, FS, or SS.

Curtis hasn't been the happiest person at Kentucky and has considered the possibility of transferring. He's got some things going on away from football and UK involving his family that is NOBODY'S business except his and his families. He's kept it together the best he can and handled it like a man.

Curtis was upset after the bowl game when a Clemson Assistant sent a note over to the UK locker room after the game. They was inviting Curtis over to their locker room to visit 3 of his friends that play for Clemson. Curtis is originally from South Carolina and his Father still lives there. When Curtis asked for Coach Brooks permission to go over Brooks told him NO. Curtis didn't back talk nobody but was disappointed that for some reason Brooks wouldn't allow him to walk over there. (It's common for players to mingle with opposing players after a game.)

Not in the opposing team's locker room. Mingle on the field all you want...I agree with Brooks on this one. I don't think Clemson's coach sent his players to the UK locker room. Besides, weren't these guys around each other in Nashville all week?

Not in the opposing team's locker room. Mingle on the field all you want...I agree with Brooks on this one. I don't think Clemson's coach sent his players to the UK locker room. Besides, weren't these guys around each other in Nashville all week?
\

Disagree. It is common for opposing players to get together in a locker room after a game. Brooks had allowed other players to do it throughout the season including Curtis after the South Carolina and UGA games.

Knowing more about the situation then some on here Curtis will be fine. Good up bringing but right now his family is going through a tough time and it has nothing to do with football or UK.

I figured his problems would cease once Abren was gone. He should really keep his distance from Abren or else he will end up at home for good like Ricky.

Curtis's current situation has nothing to do with Ricky. Abren wasn't even his best friend on the team. The Pulley's don't need people that don't know them or the situation to start assuming this and that. Pulley agreed to a RS for next year. He's now left UK. Brooks wants him to return and expects him to return in the Fall. But for right now Curtis wants and needs to be with his family. There's greater tragedies in life then winning or loseing a game or position.

I hate to see KY High School kids drop the way Jones, Miller, Pulley and Abren have dropped. We complain because they don't get in state kids then we lose the guys like these. I really hope he gets things worked out and ends up back with the Cats in 2008. He is a phenominal player that could help the CATS down the road.

This hurts. If Woodson went down I would have felt very comfortable with Pulley and his athletic ability under center. I also felt that in the spring and summer he could have gotten better at not only developing as a QB, but becoming a bigger part in the offense from a WR/flanker spot. Directly it will not be that big of blow for the team this semester or next season, however indirectly it could very well be (if that makes sense to you guys). The time he is missing in his development in what hurts us the most.

Man this sucks, if he has family issues it seems to me the family would want AND need him to stay in school, go pro and take care of his family, I dont see him really being able to make that much of a difference just by being at home, whats he gonna do work at ebonite? Really he should be in school trying to get ready for the next level. Everyone is saying academic issues and thats what I'm believing. I highly doubt he is the only college football player in America with problems at home...Sounds to me he got lazy in class, nothing more, nothing less, I dropped out of school one semester and worked in a factory till the fall, it was enough to show I really wanted to be in college, hope he can make the same realization and get his tail back in school and pass his classes!

IMO, Pulley would have really made contributions greatly in the slot with Burton next year, however if he can't academically make the grades then, he might be able to go join the horsemen. That maybe his future, but he only has himself to blame for putting himself in this situation. This is typical for the UK football program to have a setback like this for the upcoming season. But, we will have athletes back to compete next year.