Owensboro Catholic at North Hardin Predictions/Updates

Owensboro Catholic at North Hardin   

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this passing war?

• Owensboro Catholic
    • North Hardin

This poll is closed to new votes

Owensboro Catholic comes to Radcliff as the #1 RPI rating in class 2A and an offense that has put up impressive offensive numbers this season. 

QB Brady Atwell has thrown for 2849 yards on the season to a host of receivers led by William Carrico. Their combined passing yards on the season is over 3200 yards. QB Brady Atwell is also the leading RB for the OC team. Their only close game this season was against Owensboro (33-28). 

North Hardin is leading class 6A in passing with over 2400 passing yards. Leading a talented WR group is Louisville commit Shaun Boykins (1000 yards receiving).

This should be a fun game to watch and I expect the scoreboard to light up in this one with 2 prolific passing teams. 

Prediction: Owensboro Catholic 44 North Hardin 32

• Thanks 1

Just went on KHSAA website to check North Hardin record. They had to forfeit 3 games due to ineligible player. 

I’m an Owensboro fan but I do want someone from our town to make it to Kroger Field. If Catholic wins, North Hardin RPI is low but Catholic should hold on to #1. The problem is if Catholic loses how far down do they go? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TimeWillTell said:

Just went on KHSAA website to check North Hardin record. They had to forfeit 3 games due to ineligible player. 

I’m an Owensboro fan but I do want someone from our town to make it to Kroger Field. If Catholic wins, North Hardin RPI is low but Catholic should hold on to #1. The problem is if Catholic loses how far down do they go? 

If Catholic loses they will most likely see LCA 3rd round.

Edited by theguru

Feels like this is a huge game for Owensboro Catholic.  I would think they are favored by a couple of touchdowns but I will be curious to see how their defense holds up against Boykins and that pass game.  There is a chance it could be a shootout.  With the weather looking somewhat clear, I will roll with Atwell to do enough to clear the Aces playoff path and secure that #1 spot in RPI for 2A.

Catholic 48 - N Hardin 34

Not knowing much about OC nor their season schedule, have they played tough competition this season or are they just that good?  It seems they have some really good players that do well on both sides of the ball.

Will N. Hardin give them a game?

1 hour ago, The_Bull44 said:

Not knowing much about OC nor their season schedule, have they played tough competition this season or are they just that good?  It seems they have some really good players that do well on both sides of the ball.

Will N. Hardin give them a game?

Not the toughest schedule but by no means the easiest either. They are a very good team. I think they take care of business and lock up the 1 seed in 2A.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Hardin County Preps said:

I will be at this game tonight. Owensboro Catholic Should be very effective throwing against an average secondary for North Hardin. How is the OC secondary? North Hardin has a very accurate QB in Loggins and one of the best receivers in the state in Boykins. 

My Prediction:

OC by 2-3 TDs

I would say average but if they play a few kids both ways like they did against Owensboro then I think it’s a upgrade. 

Catholic’s LBs are their strength. 

What’s North Hardin DL like? 

I don't think this game is close at all. OC runs away with it. Yes, NH can score and Boykins is always a threat but OC's defense is good and they will give the O line of NH trouble. North's QB isn't great with pressure. 

OC 48-21. I think 7 of North's pts will come late in the game with OC's JV in.

3 hours ago, ApolloFan98 said:

Feels like this is a huge game for Owensboro Catholic.  

That is a huge understatement! This game probably punches their ticket to the 2A title game if Owensboro Catholic gets the win.

If O Cath loses, they will probably have to beat LCA to get to the semifinals, then likely have to beat Beechwood in the semifinals.

• Like 1