Tennessee 27 Cincinnati 3

8 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

I was never discouraged last year at any point, always we’d be there at the end, with the things I’ve seen and not seen this year I feel like we have no chance to turn this around 

Exactly. You could rationalize it away. We started off the year with two of the best pass rushers in the NFL in Pittsburgh and Dallas, not too long after we played at a Cleveland team who always had our number. This year, you can't say the same thing. The offense is totally lost and the special teams has taken a big step backwards (if that was even possible). This Bengals team feels as lost as ever and that's the most disappointing part of this year and why I am willing to lead the fire Zac Taylor movement. This is a product of coaching, and teams that are well coached never lose by 24 to bad/mediocre teams.

From Lance McAlister on Facebook:

My opening thoughts....

Titans 27 Cincinnati Bengals 3

After marching to the Titans 10-yard line for 1st and goal on the opening drive Sunday, it felt like the start of a big day for the Bengals. It turned out to be anything but. Joe Burrow got battered and the Bengals got bullied, beaten and then embarrassed. 

It was probably worse than even these words will lead you to believe. The Titans trailed 3-0 before going on a 27-0 run. 

A 3-3 game after the 1st quarter, quickly slipped away in a Titans 2nd quarter show of force (21-0). The Titans went from beating up the Bengals to toying with them on a Derrick Henry TD pass to former Bearcats TE Josh Wylie to close the half with a 24-3 lead. 

The Bengals drop to 1-3 on the season and now we will wait on news of Burrow’s arm/elbow that appeared to be bothering him, along with injuries to two other starters. 

Offense: 

Burrow got blasted early and often and it never let up....3 sacks and 9 hits. 20 of 30-165. He was strip/sacked and fumbled in the 3rd to seal any visions of a comeback. 

This is a QB being payed a quarter of a billion dollars.

There needs to be an intervention: He’s gone from hobbling this season ….to flexing his arm on the sideline …..to throwing 30 times and playing in the 4th QT of a 27-3 game…..

With 6-minutes left he was sacked and then took another shot when he attempted to extend the play on 4th & 13. What the hell?

9 drives: 51 plays, 211 yards. 

Longest play: 17 yard pass to Chase and Irwin.

Nice run/pass mix 1st drive…11 plays, 72 yards. But 1st & goal became 21-yd FG.

After opening drive: Drive/yards gained next 7 drives......Punt(9)-Punt(19)-Punt(-1)-Punt(22)-End of Half(-1)-Fumble(30)-Punt (6)

Mixon 1st QT: 5-33 (6.6) …total 14-67.

3rd 😧 2 of 9 ….picked up their first in the 4th QT. 

They have scored three points in game, twice in four games. 

They have  three points in the 1st QT of four games.  

Per Jay Morrison: They are the first team since 2019 Jets to not score a 1st H offensive TD in their first 4 games of a season.

I like Tanner Hudson. 

Chase 7 for 63 on 9 targets....Boyd 4-26, Tee 2-19. 

Defense: 

9 drives: 62 plays, 400 yards (6.5 per)....34:55

6 plays 22+ yards: Run 22, 29. Pass 44, 38, 24, 22..All 2nd QT.

Derrick Henry: 22-122 (5.5)....Tannehill 18-25-240, 1/1

Titans 15 plays on their first drive of game/FG (7:48)

Titans 15 plays on their first drive of 2nd half/FG (10:22) 

The Titans entered 30th on 3rd down: 8 of 13

Avalanche: Back to back 2nd QT TD drives….17-3. 

3rd D tag team sack BJ Hill/Trey Hendrickson forced 15 play/1st drive 53-yard FG. 

Myles Murphy picked up his 1st NFL sack. Sam Hubbard sack. 

Dax 2nd INT of season 

Special Teams: 

Evan McPherson 21, 

Trenton Irwin on PR  w/ Charlie Jones out. He fumbled one, but Bengals recovered. 
Tycen Anderson had a special teams penalty 2nd week in a row 

Brad Robbins 62 yarder

Miscellaneous:  

Penalties were killers, again.  3 led to Tennessee 1st downs. 

Pratt penalty wiped out 3rd D Reader sack at Bengals 14. Led to TD 24-3 end half. 
Personal foul Dax Hill on 3rd and 16 (unnecessary roughness). 

Injuries

CTB exited w/ a shoulder. Returned. Then left w/ concussion like symptoms. 

Tee Higgins didn’t play in 2nd half after a rib injury.  What a mess his season has become.

55 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

I was never discouraged last year at any point, always we’d be there at the end, with the things I’ve seen and not seen this year I feel like we have no chance to turn this around 

I agree and at this point Burrow doesn’t need to be on the field unless he’s 100%. He needs no more unnecessary risk based on what the team has shown overall.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Something is not right with Burrow obviously. I think he needs to sit out the next two weeks and with the bye week give it 3 weeks. I think we either roll with the backup or pick up another backup maybe Cooper Rush from Dallas and hopefully steal the next two games and get to 3-3 at the bye. I think playing Joe the next two weeks isn’t beneficial. Just my opinion..

38 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Higgins going to miss some time with his rib injury? Hopefully Boyd and others can step up, but doesn't matter if Burrow isn't himself and protected.

Yes.  His completion % on passes that travel 10 yds is the worst since JAMARCUS RUSSELL!!  Zac, do your job and sit him!!