Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BluegrassPreps.com Class 5A Football Rankings 8/28

Featured Replies

Class 5A

1. Bowling Green vs. 6A #9 Bryan Station (at LCA, 9/2)

2. Scott County at 4A Lincoln County 

3. Cooper at 6A Ryle

4. Highlands vs. 6A Campbell County

5. Owensboro at 6A Daviess County 

6. Woodford County vs. 2A WEB DuBois

7. Southwestern vs. #8 South Warren 

8. South Warren at #7 Southwestern 

9. Greenwood at 2A #4 Owensboro Catholic 

10. North Laurel vs. 4A #5 Franklin County

The South Warren at Southwestern and Greenwood at OCath games are pretty telling games to solidify that bottom 5 of the Top 10.

Cooper at #3?  Love their QB but not sure how they are #3?  6-5 last year and 2-0 but against #5443 and #7975 in nation.  Cal preps has them #10 in 5A.  

15 minutes ago, Brown said:

Cooper at #3?  Love their QB but not sure how they are #3?  6-5 last year and 2-0 but against #5443 and #7975 in nation.  Cal preps has them #10 in 5A.  

I could be wrong but I think Cooper beats Highlands.

10. No gambling, bookmaking or point spread comments are allowed in any of the high school forums. Figures of speech that use gambling terms may not be used in any of the high school forums (i.e. bet, over/under, spread, parlay, chips, line, odds, wager). All gambling comments are permitted in the non-high school forums as long as they do not involve any high school sports, students, or student-athletes.

3 hours ago, Brown said:

Cooper at #3?  Love their QB but not sure how they are #3?  6-5 last year and 2-0 but against #5443 and #7975 in nation.  Cal preps has them #10 in 5A.  

At this point I think Cooper is either 3 or 4 so I think it is pretty close, if not right on.

1. Bowling Green

2. Scott County 

3. Highlands: I still got Highlands in the 3rd spot because Covington Catholic is a very good and worthy team. 

Then everyone else... 

2 hours ago, theguru said:

At this point I think Cooper is either 3 or 4 so I think it is pretty close, if not right on.

They may have a really good team, I don’t know.  Just from last year to this and based upon their games, I’d say 9 or 10.

Just now, Brown said:

They may have a really good team, I don’t know.  Just from last year to this and based upon their games, I’d say 9 or 10.

Way better than that.

Just now, theguru said:

Way better than that.

CovCath good?

1 minute ago, Brown said:

CovCath good?

I would think similar. 

5 hours ago, Brown said:

Cooper at #3?  Love their QB but not sure how they are #3?  6-5 last year and 2-0 but against #5443 and #7975 in nation.  Cal preps has them #10 in 5A.  

I think it’s hard to use the 6 and 5 record for last year. Considering in that 6 and 5 year they were starting a freshman QB and their top two receivers were sophomores. So they all are another year older now and all three are D1 type talents. Second I think the Beechwood scrimmage also played a small factor into the ranking. Even though it was just a scrimmage, the fact that Cooper kind of had their way in it also has played a factor into where people rank them. Which Calpreps is my favorite rankings to use, but usually takes about half way through the season when it gets more data before it becomes a pretty accurate ranking. 
 

The best part though is everything will work itself out since a lot of these top teams are in the same district as another top team. So it will get to be played out on the field and work itself out in the end. 

I have a feeling that Greenwood will crack the Top 5 at some point this season. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.