Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Johnson Central at Pikeville Predictions/Updates

Golden Eagles vs. Panthers 28 members have voted

  1. 1. The 2023 Pike County Bowl will belong to...

    • Johnson Central
      42%
    • Pikeville
      57%

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 08/26/2023 at 11:00 PM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

 7waifq.thumb.jpg.4a20ca4b2570cf39190b72f8bc383239.jpg

The Unstoppable Force Meets The Immovable Object

BGP Rankings: Johnson Central (#4 in 4A) | Pikeville (#1 in 1A)

Records: Both are 1-0

Week 1 Results: JC beat Madison Central 28-21 | Pikeville beat Pulaski County 34-12

Series History: Pikeville leads 5-2 all-time 

Thunder On The Mountain: You might mistake the absence of light over the Hambley Sports Complex this Friday as ominous storm clouds rolling in. What you're really seeing is the imposing figure of a Golden Eagle engulfing the Pikeville skyline. Don't look for the Panthers to flinch, because that's not what they do. They'll embrace their nature, roll up their sleeves, and welcome the fight at their doorstep. Zack McCoart might be the first one through the door for Johnson Central as the next great back to wear the black and gold. He'll be accompanied by an offensive line that coach Jesse Peck describes as possibly the deepest he's seen at JC. They'll be greeted by a confident bunch of Panthers featuring a stacked, versatile backfield of Blake Caudill, Brenden Anthony, and Tayvion Boykins and an aggressive defense. After years of brand building beyond their mountain borders, two EKY giants will meet for the first time in over forty years in the main event of the Pike County Bowl.

  • Replies 88
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

Eager to hear the results from this one.

I think the rest of 1A better hope JC wins because there is not a team in 1A as good as JC. So if Pikeville wins I would say start making the trophy.

I would've picked JC before week 1. After that Madison Central score.. I'm not sure what to think of Johnson. 

31 minutes ago, Tkinslow said:

I think the rest of 1A better hope JC wins because there is not a team in 1A as good as JC. So if Pikeville wins I would say start making the trophy.

Whether Pikeville wins this game or not....

 

Start making the trophy.

Line of Scrimmage. Possession.

It all comes down to the Line of Scrimmage & Possession.

That's how Johnson Central wins, that is how Pikeville wins against larger schools. I think Johnson Central has a size and depth advantage up front, but Pikeville will try to overcome that with speed and quickness. There are not many 1A thru 3A teams who can compete with Johnson Central up front, but Pikeville may be the exception. They key to Pikeville winning will be if they can supplement with an efficient and effective short to intermediate pass game. Keep the sticks moving, keep the clock moving, and force Johnson Central to have to be perfect in their run game with McCoart banged up. If Pikeville's passing game is effective they actually have more margin for error on offense than Johnson Central who may be one holding penalty away from their drive stalling.

It will not surprise me in the least to see Pikeville win this game, but based off size, depth, and physicality I will give Johnson Central a TD or less edge.

 

10. No gambling, bookmaking or point spread comments are allowed in any of the high school forums. Figures of speech that use gambling terms may not be used in any of the high school forums (i.e. bet, over/under, spread, parlay, chips, line, odds, wager). All gambling comments are permitted in the non-high school forums as long as they do not involve any high school sports, students, or student-athletes.

I think JC probably wins but don’t think it will be by much if they do. A Pikeville win wouldn’t surprise me.

Can anyone share if this game is streamed and where? And I apologize in advance if this is already been shared, I just didn’t see it. 

5 minutes ago, great_falls said:

Can anyone share if this game is streamed and where? And I apologize in advance if this is already been shared, I just didn’t see it. 

I see this, does anyone know of the link and/or how to watch this from WYMT?

 

19 minutes ago, theguru said:

I see this, does anyone know of the link and/or how to watch this from WYMT?

 

Been a while since I've done it, but here's the WYMT link. If not on this page at game time, there's a "SPORTS" sub link in the page footer.

wymt.com/livestream

Just now, Runcible Owl said:

Been a while since I've done it, but here's the WYMT link. If not on this page at game time, there's a "SPORTS" sub link in the page footer.

wymt.com/livestream

Thanks RO, that is my best guess too.  

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.