Gibson Southern (IN) vs Boyle County Predictions/Updates (8/19)

Rebel

Who wins?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Gibson Southern (IN)
    • Boyle County

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/19/2023 at 09:00 PM

• theguru changed the title to Gibson Southern (IN) vs Boyle County Predictions/Updates (8/19)

Self admitted I do not know a ton about Gibson Southern outside of Calpreps has them #4 in 3A and #45 overall in Indiana. If anyone closer to that area wants to chime in please do! 

As far as Boyle the expectations have not changed. State title or bust. It is no secret that the Rebels are LOADED when it comes to skill players but we all know that games are won and lost in the trenches and that is where the questions lie for this team. 

Personal opinion is that in typical Boyle fashion this game will not be pretty. The first game typically leaves us thinking this team has a long way to go. I do think Boyle wins this by more than 2 touchdowns. Hopefully it’s a good test and exposes some weaknesses as that is how you improve week to week. 

1 hour ago, theguru said:

Do we have any updated information on Gibson Southern?

They return their quarterback (2,100 yards of offense and 29 touchdowns) and three offensive linemen from a 10-1 team last year. One of those ten wins was against South Warren. They won a state championship two years ago, so they've got kids on the roster with that kind of experience. I could see this game being very competitive. This is not a team to sleep on.

That's all I have. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Googled and found from their local newspaper that they won the Southern Illinois University 7 on 7 Tournament Championship this summer.  24-2 record over the past 2 season with a State Championship. 

Seems to be a legit team to test Boyle early.  

3 hours ago, Statsdontlie said:

I'm hearing none of the Danville transfers except Paul Mcclure gets to play. Hold your popcorn for a minute. Still waiting on eligibility from KHSAA. 

Have they been able to practice all summer?