Reds City Connect

3 hours ago, OlDog75 said:

Not a fan of that all black.  About as ugly as Vandy's all black with stripes.

And while I'm at it, not a fan of the "football" style pants or the "shorts" style worn today.  There............now stay off my lawn! 😆squirrel.jpeg.9d5bef08211662d0526174c16f1c3726.jpeg

• Like 1

What is "Connect" Cincinnati???   Obviously a marketing ploy to get into your pockets and abstract money.

I object because our team colors are RED and WHITE - Not Black.  A few years back we started wearing the solid Red jerseys, which is OK with me since RED is a primary color.

Another case of "If it feels good, or if it sells tickets, just go ahead and do it."

• Thanks 1

Crazy uniform combos, bobble heads, other give aways; Improve the product on the field to even near playoff level and you'll get butts in the seats and won't need these gimmicks to get folks to watch Reds baseball.  That's my opinion.

10 hours ago, I gotta go to work said:

Better than most of the city connects. 

4 hours ago, OlDog75 said:

Crazy uniform combos, bobble heads, other give aways; Improve the product on the field to even near playoff level and you'll get butts in the seats and won't need these gimmicks to get folks to watch Reds baseball.  That's my opinion.

Agree with both of these, but I think City Connect jerseys are more about MLB jersey sales than butts in the seats. With that said, more wins sells more jerseys too. 

12 hours ago, Mustang said:

What is "Connect" Cincinnati???   Obviously a marketing ploy to get into your pockets and abstract money.

I object because our team colors are RED and WHITE - Not Black.  A few years back we started wearing the solid Red jerseys, which is OK with me since RED is a primary color.

Another case of "If it feels good, or if it sells tickets, just go ahead and do it."

You could argue that black is an unofficial team color going back to the 70's and 80's as the Reds only allowed black shoes to be worn well after other teams allowed white and other color shoes. Additionally the most prominent feature of Mr. Redlegs is his huge black mustache. 

1 hour ago, Jumper_Dad said:

You could argue that black is an unofficial team color going back to the 70's and 80's as the Reds only allowed black shoes to be worn well after other teams allowed white and other color shoes. Additionally the most prominent feature of Mr. Redlegs is his huge black mustache. 

We are talking primary uniform colors here.

Shoes and Mustaches are certainly not primary colors.

I have no problem with black as a trim.  As a matter of fact, I introduced a black trim to the two basketball programs that I have been associated with.  This whole Cincinnati "Connect" thing is nothing but a promotion, no different I guess than the Bengals wearing pure white unis.

• Thanks 1