Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds City Connect

Featured Replies

Reds will wear these every Friday home game and possibly on special occasions. Thoughts? 
 

Personally I love them. 

IMG_7894.jpeg

If they are going to have an alternate uni, then I'm good with this one.

Not a fan of that all black.  About as ugly as Vandy's all black with stripes.

3 hours ago, OlDog75 said:

Not a fan of that all black.  About as ugly as Vandy's all black with stripes.

And while I'm at it, not a fan of the "football" style pants or the "shorts" style worn today.  There............now stay off my lawn! ?squirrel.jpeg.9d5bef08211662d0526174c16f1c3726.jpeg

Y’all are crazy. These are fire. I bought one. 

What is "Connect" Cincinnati???   Obviously a marketing ploy to get into your pockets and abstract money.

I object because our team colors are RED and WHITE - Not Black.  A few years back we started wearing the solid Red jerseys, which is OK with me since RED is a primary color.

Another case of "If it feels good, or if it sells tickets, just go ahead and do it."

Better than Houston's, worse than Washington's.    Much like the Reds, underwhelming and middle of the road.

Crazy uniform combos, bobble heads, other give aways; Improve the product on the field to even near playoff level and you'll get butts in the seats and won't need these gimmicks to get folks to watch Reds baseball.  That's my opinion.

10 hours ago, I gotta go to work said:

Better than most of the city connects. 

 

4 hours ago, OlDog75 said:

Crazy uniform combos, bobble heads, other give aways; Improve the product on the field to even near playoff level and you'll get butts in the seats and won't need these gimmicks to get folks to watch Reds baseball.  That's my opinion.

Agree with both of these, but I think City Connect jerseys are more about MLB jersey sales than butts in the seats. With that said, more wins sells more jerseys too. 

12 hours ago, Mustang said:

What is "Connect" Cincinnati???   Obviously a marketing ploy to get into your pockets and abstract money.

I object because our team colors are RED and WHITE - Not Black.  A few years back we started wearing the solid Red jerseys, which is OK with me since RED is a primary color.

Another case of "If it feels good, or if it sells tickets, just go ahead and do it."

You could argue that black is an unofficial team color going back to the 70's and 80's as the Reds only allowed black shoes to be worn well after other teams allowed white and other color shoes. Additionally the most prominent feature of Mr. Redlegs is his huge black mustache. 

1 hour ago, Jumper_Dad said:

You could argue that black is an unofficial team color going back to the 70's and 80's as the Reds only allowed black shoes to be worn well after other teams allowed white and other color shoes. Additionally the most prominent feature of Mr. Redlegs is his huge black mustache. 

We are talking primary uniform colors here.

Shoes and Mustaches are certainly not primary colors.

I have no problem with black as a trim.  As a matter of fact, I introduced a black trim to the two basketball programs that I have been associated with.  This whole Cincinnati "Connect" thing is nothing but a promotion, no different I guess than the Bengals wearing pure white unis.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.