San Diego State 72 FAU 71 (NCAA Tournament)

16thBBall Fan

So I’m interested if that was still bad coaching by San Diego State’s coach at the end since he didn’t take a time out for that last shot? I know we been told on here by some that it is bad coaching not to take a timeout to set up a final shot. So even though they won and made the shot, was that bad coaching to let it play out and not take the timeout?

Was hoping for FA to win, they pretty well did give this away though. The Mountain West has a team making the national championship, which is pretty cool. I think San Diego State will struggle against UConn or Miami, either one.

4 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

So I’m interested if that was still bad coaching by San Diego State’s coach at the end since he didn’t take a time out for that last shot? I know we been told on here by some that it is bad coaching not to take a timeout to set up a final shot. So even though they won and made the shot, was that bad coaching to let it play out and not take the timeout?

Not at all. I think FAU should not have taken the first time out. Take the ball to the rim at about eight seconds at the end of the shot clock which would have been at about 5 seconds.

• Like 2

Just now, 9068 said:

Not at all. I think FAU should not have taken the first time out. Take the ball to the rim at about eight seconds at the end of the shot clock which would have been at about 5 seconds.

I agree, that first timeout was a mistake.  Partially because I never take it for granted that you're not going to have trouble getting it inbounds at that point, and lo and behold, they had to burn another timeout because they couldn't get it in.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, DragonFire said:

Great game to watch, but FAU blew that game.  They just could not get a rebound to save their life for like a 2-3 minute stretch and inch by inch, San Diego State crawled back in.

I agree the one that really hurt was the offensive rebound they gave up on the missed FT.

57 minutes ago, 9068 said:

I agree. It was more of a sarcastic question, since so many of our UK fanbase on here always says Cal is a horrible coach when he doesn’t take a timeout at the end. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DragonFire said:

Great game to watch, but FAU blew that game.  They just could not get a rebound to save their life for like a 2-3 minute stretch and inch by inch, San Diego State crawled back in.

Wasn’t the big guy who can’t shoot free throws out of the game down the stretch?  

Always an interesting decision for a coach to make. 

13 hours ago, futurecoach said:

I was fine with no timeout at first but when he seemed to be dying on the vine in the corner, I was yelling “timeout.” However, he put up the shot and made it so they all look like geniuses!

14 hours ago, futurecoach said:

I agree. It was more of a sarcastic question, since so many of our UK fanbase on here always says Cal is a horrible coach when he doesn’t take a timeout at the end. 

My gosh, can't you forget about Kentucky and Cal for awhile? LOL

15 hours ago, futurecoach said:

The beauty of sports. They also didn’t have their best scorer on the court. But the ball went in so coach is a genius. 

7 hours ago, 4 Quarters said:

My gosh, can't you forget about Kentucky and Cal for awhile? LOL

Nah lol. Considering that is what most of the post are about in this college basketball thread, and how we get to hear it literally all year from people. Might as well just continue with it, since we always hear about how any and every decision he makes is wrong lol. Yet we see other coaches do the exact same thing.

1 hour ago, futurecoach said:

Nah lol. Considering that is what most of the post are about in this college basketball thread, and how we get to hear it literally all year from people. Might as well just continue with it, since we always hear about how any and every decision he makes is wrong lol. Yet we see other coaches do the exact same thing.

You really do bleed blue.

• Like 1