Where does Patrick Patterson stand?

GoLonghorns10

Brewer, Horford and Noah will be playing for pay in 07...

Maybe so, but Donovan is getting whoever he wants... As a recruit, Patterson has to question the amount of PT he'd get.

Again, I don't really care if Patterson comes or not, it doesn't make me any less of a fan.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe so, but Donovan is getting whoever he wants... As a recruit, Patterson has to question the amount of PT he'd get.

With those three gone, there will be plenty of chances to earn time. And let's not forget the impact of knowing he's sending big men to the NBA. Like you said, Billy D is getting whoever he wants, and he wants Patterson. With that said my guess is he ends up at Duke...

With those three gone, there will be plenty of chances to earn time. And let's not forget the impact of knowing he's sending big men to the NBA. Like you said, Billy D is getting whoever he wants, and he wants Patterson. With that said my guess is he ends up at Duke...

Could be, could be.

Either way, I don't see him as the answer for UK. I think a lot of people are seeing something in him that he's not.

Either way, I don't see him as the answer for UK. I think a lot of people are seeing something in him that he's not.

I don't know that he's the savior of UK basketball either, but having him will be much better than not, IMO. UK is beginning to get desperately out manned in the front court.

The thing is that this is really a test for Tubby. He's made Patterson a top priority, and it raises some serious questions if he can't land him. Tubby has had some very solid recruiting success with both the big names (junior class) and finding underrated players (freshman class), but he seems to be failing to fill a very real need for a quality big man.

I think Stewart will be a solid guy, and maybe Tubby knows more about Mike Williams than everyone else. I hope so.

I don't know that he's the savior of UK basketball either, but having him will be much better than not, IMO. UK is beginning to get desperately out manned in the front court.

The thing is that this is really a test for Tubby. He's made Patterson a top priority, and it raises some serious questions if he can't land him. Tubby has had some very solid recruiting success with both the big names (junior class) and finding underrated players (freshman class), but he seems to be failing to fill a very real need for a quality big man.

I think Stewart will be a solid guy, and maybe Tubby knows more about Mike Williams than everyone else. I hope so.

The current freshman group was not underrated at all....

But he'll see a rowdier crowd at Cameron and the O Dome. His recruitment isn't leaning towards UK at this point. Like it or not...

Not 90% of the time. He saw around 4000 more fans in Rupp than he will see in Cameron and the O Dome combined. Rowdy students at Duke don't compensate for a crowd of 9300 vs. 24000...which was rockin' last night btw...

Rupp Arena in a big-game atmosphere is second to none.

Again, I don't really care if Patterson comes or not, it doesn't make me any less of a fan.

As a florida fan i feel he would make a great recruit and as a relling program like UK you better care if he is coming or not, he will make a great impact where ever he lands.

The thing that KILLS me about this recruiting class, is that a year ago this time I heard about Mashall Moses. I told people about him (not on this board, just in person) and all I heard was how UK was in on a lot better big men. What happened to that? Where'd they go.

Don't get me wrong I wanted Marshall Moses as soon as I saw him.

We still have neither Patrick Patterson or Marshall Moses. Something is wrong.

BTW, don't question my support on Tubby, he's our coach and I will never question him.

Not 90% of the time. He saw around 4000 more fans in Rupp than he will see in Cameron and the O Dome combined. Rowdy students at Duke don't compensate for a crowd of 9300 vs. 24000...which was rockin' last night btw...

Rupp Arena in a big-game atmosphere is second to none.

I have to disagree with that. I think that is one of the reasons why alot of recruits decide to go to other places over UK. Because most of these other schools like Duke and UNC seem like alot more fun places to play in. Those places are usually loud and into it every game. While at Rupp the place is usually dead for the most part, and might get loud for a minute in the game then dead silent for ten minutes. The only time Rupp is loud and crazy like those places is when we play UL, Florida, or some team ranked in the top 10...

Thats another reason why teams seem not to be that afraid to play at Rupp because they play at places alot more crazier and roudier than Rupp. So Rupp is not intimidating to these young players anymore. Until UK decides to put more students down by the court like other schools, Rupp will be a dead place and not help UK when it comes to home court advantage, and would also possibly lose us some recruits...