2023-2024 Kentucky Wildcats

GOREDDEVILS

2 hours ago, nikeman49 said:

Germany was 13/41 from 3pt land.

They missed a few late to drop their % to just over 30% for the game. In the 2nd quarter alone they hit 60% on 6 of 10 shooting. They had 3 guys go 10 of 22, I think that's pretty hot. The rest of the guys may have struggled but those three had it going on.

Scoring nearly 40 points on 3's, even if they struggled down the stretch is why Germany was able to make it a game. 

59 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

Yep, hence why I said they went cold in the second half. Which part of that was because the Cats forced them to take tough threes. 

There was never a forced three in the game for Germany, if you shoot 41 3’s, how could any be forced?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nikeman49 said:

There was never a forced three in the game for Germany, if you shoot 41 3’s, how could any be forced?

Several were shot by guys they rather not had shoot them. The top three guys hit 10 of 22...the rest of the team only hit 3 of 19. Those guys were lighting it up and luckily UK was able to get the ball out of their hands and to other shooters most of the 2nd half.

Sorry the Cats won, I know it ruined your day. 😆 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

They missed a few late to drop their % to just over 30% for the game. In the 2nd quarter alone they hit 60% on 6 of 10 shooting. They had 3 guys go 10 of 22, I think that's pretty hot. The rest of the guys may have struggled but those three had it going on.

Scoring nearly 40 points on 3's, even if they struggled down the stretch is why Germany was able to make it a game. 

Germany had several terrible 3 point shots, some in the first half, and a bunch in the second frame, they at no time looked to be “hot” from 3 land, this team was just a step above Bahamas material.

Just now, nikeman49 said:

Germany had several terrible 3 point shots, some in the first half, and a bunch in the second frame, they at no time looked to be “hot” from 3 land, this team was just a step above Bahamas material.

60% in the 2nd quarter on 6 of 10...that seems to be hot, to me.

1 minute ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Several were shot by guys they rather not had shoot them. The top three guys hit 10 of 22...the rest of the team only hit 3 of 19. Those guys were lighting it up and luckily UK was able to get the ball out of their hands and to other shooters most of the 2nd half.

Sorry the Cats won, I know it ruined your day. 😆 

The defense had absolutely nothing to do with who took three’s in either half, shall we crown them National Champions right now, that’s what several are thinking.

• Like 1

Just now, nikeman49 said:

The defense had absolutely nothing to do with who took three’s in either half, shall we crown them National Champions right now, that’s what several are thinking.

Champs, not at all.

Must have been magic that just the bad shooters were taking most of the 3's late in the game.

9 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Champs, not at all.

Must have been magic that just the bad shooters were taking most of the 3's late in the game.

When you shoot 41 threes, bad shooters and all shooters are going to launch.

17 hours ago, nikeman49 said:

Well let’s see a team could have open easy threes they take or they could have tough threes they take. So while yes Germany is a team that is going to take many threes no matter what. I would say it is better to force them to take tough threes than easy threes, which is exactly what I said.  But yeah continue your normal agenda on here, that makes it hard to take what you say seriously.

I don’t think anyone suggested that after this one game they were winning it all, and I even agreed with you that Germany wasn’t hitting many threes at all once the second half came. It is just that did see some good things, especially considering their two big players were hurt in Bradshaw and Ugo and didn’t play. I honestly would have thought you may have liked seeing how they had to play and that they won, because hopefully allows Cal to see that they can play more open and not have to have two bigs on the floor which he usually always preferred. Yet you continue with your normal agenda on here. 

4 hours ago, futurecoach said:

Well let’s see a team could have open easy threes they take or they could have tough threes they take. So while yes Germany is a team that is going to take many threes no matter what. I would say it is better to force them to take tough threes than easy threes, which is exactly what I said.  But yeah continue your normal agenda on here, that makes it hard to take what you say seriously.

I don’t think anyone suggested that after this one game they were winning it all, and I even agreed with you that Germany wasn’t hitting many threes at all once the second half came. It is just that did see some good things, especially considering their two big players were hurt in Bradshaw and Ugo and didn’t play. I honestly would have thought you may have liked seeing how they had to play and that they won, because hopefully allows Cal to see that they can play more open and not have to have two bigs on the floor which he usually always preferred. Yet you continue with your normal agenda on here. 

I don’t have an agenda, I just have an open view on the Ky basketball program that many have a hard time with, the one’s that think Ky does absolutely no wrong, my point was Germany was going to launch threes regardless of any defensive pressure and Ky definitely didn’t force them to take bad threes, they were going to take them regardless, how is that so hard to understand unless all you see is a team that does nothing wrong.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nikeman49 said:

I don’t have an agenda, I just have an open view on the Ky basketball program that many have a hard time with, the one’s that think Ky does absolutely no wrong, my point was Germany was going to launch threes regardless of any defensive pressure and Ky definitely didn’t force them to take bad threes, they were going to take them regardless, how is that so hard to understand unless all you see is a team that does nothing wrong.

Well the quote you replied to me was when I said they forced them to take tough threes. Which is 100% true, what is so hard to understand about that? Yes we are in agreement that Germany was going to take a lot of threes no matter what. So Germany could have got a lot of good look open threes, or UK could have at least forced them to take tough guarded threes when they took them. Which UK did a much better job in the second half of actually forcing them to take tough threes, rather than a lot of the open threes they got when they at one point had made 6 out of 10 three’s in the third and was shooting close to 50% from three early into the third quarter. 

So yes sure does seem like you have an agenda, and acting like people were saying they were national championship level after a game. When you decide for no reason to argue over a post saying they forced Germany to take more actually tough threes in the second half when they were shooting their threes, rather than the open threes they were getting more of in the first half. Which is true, it is not that hard to understand. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, nikeman49 said:

You do an incredible job balancing those who think UK does no wrong with your takes that UK does no right.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5