Kansas State 75 Kentucky 69 (NCAA Tournament)

16thBBall Fan

1 minute ago, futurecoach said:

They lost because of turnovers. Without those turnovers and free throws they added in the final minute. Kansas state barely cracks 60. 

Turnovers and cold shooting is why they lost. 

Wrong. They should have held KSU to 38 points with some basic adjustments. Had they gone zone from Game 1 UK would be 36-0. 😄

• Haha 2

This team made it hard for me to follow this year. The sloppy play, fundamental deficiencies, poor positional defense just made it hard to follow. 

It's painful to watch a team that can't pass. They seriously missed having a good point guard.

Going to miss Oscar. Dude is a machine on the boards but very raw defensively. 

Curious as to what this team will look like next year with the new guys coming in and the transfer portal. 

• Like 3

Hot take. I think Calipari did a decent coaching job this season. Mid-year it was bleak and the crew could have mailed it in. They adjusted on the fly, played the stretch run without a PG and put together something that resembled a team. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

They lost because of turnovers. Without those turnovers and free throws they added in the final minute. Kansas state barely cracks 60. 

If you find a way to make the 5” 8” point guard give the ball up, you can stand missing shots and making turnovers, just shameful to let that happen, so let’s praise Cal and look forward to the same results again next year.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

I’ve said it a million times, KY will never win another NC with Cal unless he can get 3 kids like Davis/Jones/Gilchrist, and that combo doesn’t come along very often

You might be right. But the tournament is so stupid I’ll never rule out anything. I do think the dynamics of the game are as such Calipari, et al. can’t be solely reliant upon a singular unicorn to deliver the goods.

26 minutes ago, nikeman49 said:

When a team let's the point guard beat them the entire game off the dribble, no doubles, no forcing that opponent point guard to give the ball up, who’s fault is that? Sure our shooting wasn’t good but to let the opponent point guard make fun of your defense for an entire game with no adjustments, totally unacceptable.

They doubled and trapped him a few times to end the first half and that's what started all the highlight reel plays.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

Cold shooting, KSU goes 0 for 13 from 3 pt. land, that's cold shooting. LOL

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nikeman49 said:

If you find a way to make the 5” 8” point guard give the ball up, you can stand missing shots and making turnovers, just shameful to let that happen, so let’s praise Cal and look forward to the same results again next year.

I hear you, I really do. But you fail to acknowledge how bad defensively individually - aside from Toppin and Wallace - the Cats were. Like all time bad by UK standards. Go watch the last minutes of the first half. They start doubling and it was maybe the easiest offense KSU ran all game.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Tough loss. When the Cats do not shoot the ball well they just are not a very good team. They were out shot on both 2's and 3's and had twice as many turnovers. Then add that Toppin only scored two points and Reeves 5 points on 1-15 and 1-10 from 3. I will miss Oscar he is one of my all-time favorite Wildcats! If we had others play with his heart and effort could have done great things!

I'm guessing if Oscar gets the big time NIL money again, he will be back.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 4 Quarters said:

I'm guessing if Oscar gets the big time NIL money again, he will be back.

He got almost a million this year. But how much of that was earned when he was in the Bahamas and they had different rules since he wasn't working in the states? 

1 minute ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Toppin did a good job defensively on Keyonte Johnson, gotta give him that but man he was about a 0 on the offensive end.

Toppin stepped up his defensive game big time as the season went on. You could leave him on the court when his offense wasn’t there, like today.