Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tournament attendance

Featured Replies

Last night's attendance was 14,734, the largest session 4 number since 2009 (21,048).  That number blew me away, so I had to look:

Mason County vs. Shelby Valley

Anderson County vs. Elliott County

2 teams from the mountains, Mason County ( a team that always brings a ton), and Anderson County.

 

I think tonight's session could rival that with Male (large school), Douglass/GRC (large schools that are close), and Lyon County (The Travis Perry Tour).

 

 

I believe these massive crowds that we are seeing are a great representation of where Kentucky High School Basketball currently is standing right now. Loaded with Division 1 basketball recruits, some of them even getting offers from NCAA "blue bloods", and few even ranked highly on the national level!

We have a UK commit, a top-15 nationally ranked sophomore, the #1 scorer in KHSAA history, and much more talent. These games have not disappointed either, the first day was phenomenal, the 2nd day had a few more blowouts. 

If I were to guess, KHSAA won't be seeing these attendance numbers next year, or multiple years after. Especially if ticket prices continue to rise, it is getting out of hand to attend every session...

  • Author
46 minutes ago, Adrian Woj Burner said:

I believe these massive crowds that we are seeing are a great representation of where Kentucky High School Basketball currently is standing right now. Loaded with Division 1 basketball recruits, some of them even getting offers from NCAA "blue bloods", and few even ranked highly on the national level!

We have a UK commit, a top-15 nationally ranked sophomore, the #1 scorer in KHSAA history, and much more talent. These games have not disappointed either, the first day was phenomenal, the 2nd day had a few more blowouts. 

If I were to guess, KHSAA won't be seeing these attendance numbers next year, or multiple years after. Especially if ticket prices continue to rise, it is getting out of hand to attend every session...

Those ticket increases are mostly caused by Ticketmaster's fees. 

1 minute ago, LCDAWGS19 said:

Those ticket increases are mostly caused by Ticketmaster's fees. 

I am still not sure why anyone would use Ticketmaster. It will save you $10 a day if you just get tickets from the ticket box. It is only $21 a session there, rather than the $26 on Ticketmaster. 

43 minutes ago, Adrian Woj Burner said:

I am still not sure why anyone would use Ticketmaster. It will save you $10 a day if you just get tickets from the ticket box. It is only $21 a session there, rather than the $26 on Ticketmaster. 

They use it for convenience my friend. We are lazy society living in an amazon world. What's $5 more when you can just double click?

2 hours ago, Adrian Woj Burner said:

I am still not sure why anyone would use Ticketmaster. It will save you $10 a day if you just get tickets from the ticket box. It is only $21 a session there, rather than the $26 on Ticketmaster. 

They are required to use ticket master because that is Rupp Arena is contracted through. 

4 hours ago, Adrian Woj Burner said:

I expect more tonight than were there last night. 

I think UK being on will deter some fans tonight forsure.

Well they aren’t going to love the Warren Central/Ashland part of the session. No one here. Woodford County carried it for them. 

1 hour ago, DragonFire said:

Well they aren’t going to love the Warren Central/Ashland part of the session. No one here. Woodford County carried it for them. 

Tonight might make up for it if people disregard the UK game. Either way, they made their money this morning. 

Was at the Mason Co vs Shelby Valley game. Packed house. 

3 hours ago, brooksville said:

They are required to use ticket master because that is Rupp Arena is contracted through. 

And Ticketmaster shares some of those fees with Rupp. And those fees also provide Rupp with infrastructure, software, etc to manage their whole ticket process. It’s hard to believe, but without Ticketmaster (or any other 3rd party vendor) tickets would be MORE expensive as each individual arena/venue would need to provide all that operational stuff on their own. I think Ticketmaster could save themselves a lot of headaches and griping from customers if they were simply more transparent about their fees.

So how did we survive without Ticketmaster?

I find what you are saying hard to believe wrt prices and where the money goes.

Woodford sold its allotment in 30 mins for Saturday Morning. I knew Versailles were staving for a winner, wether it be big football, basketball or baseball. I expect that place explode when the new school is built. 

Anybody but me remember when you would sell your next session tickets to your fans out on the concourse at a specified location? If you ran out get some more lol. Fans usually knew the team's lodging location and they would stop in to buy tickets.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.