Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lyon County vs. Newport Predictions/Updates (KHSAA Boys' Sweet 16®)

Who wins? 73 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

6 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

This should be a really good game. Both teams are very solid. I wonder if Lyon County having played at Rupp last year will be a slight advantage over a Newport team that hasn't been in thirteen years?

This could be a factor, along with Newport getting recent experience in a college arena (9th Region Tournament is played at NKU). So, I think they will equal themselves out and may the best team win. 

  • Replies 57
  • Views 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Newport's finest is escorting the Wildcats to Rupp.

  • I would like to see Perry do it along with a Newport win.

  • 16thBBall Fan
    16thBBall Fan

    Travis Perry is now the all-time scoring leader in Kentucky passing King Kelley Coleman!

Posted Images

1 hour ago, The Double Deuce said:

I'm a little surprised at the poll (as of today) because I think Newport is the more likely winner here.  They have terrific depth and out of this world athleticism, and while they undoubtedly have some (fair) questions as well, I like them to win this one by 6-9 points. 

I agree on the athleticism, but I think "terrific depth" is pretty big stretch.  I would say depth is probably their biggest weakness.  That being said, I think Newport has a nice shot at moving on.

19 minutes ago, Hoopoop said:

I agree on the athleticism, but I think "terrific depth" is pretty big stretch.  I would say depth is probably their biggest weakness.  That being said, I think Newport has a nice shot at moving on.

I think they have 3 guys they can turn to that all have a role and handle it well, give me 8 dudes and I will take my chances.  Again, I think they have question marks, but depth, for me, isn't one of them.  

Both of these teams actually have young rosters, but the Lyons have the most exposure and experience from being at Rupp last year and playing in the KOB and Lex Cath Holiday Tourney this year.  Newport will need to come out of the gate strong in this one.  If the Lyons and Perry come out stronger, look out.

Really having trouble picking this one, so I'm pulling out my crystal ball.   Wow it's very fuzzy, looks like I'll just have to wing it.

I really want the kids from Newport to advance, but I'm just not seeing it.  Lyon County will have the most points on the board at the final horn.

Newport's finest is escorting the Wildcats to Rupp.

ontheway.jpg

5 hours ago, theguru said:

Newport's finest is escorting the Wildcats to Rupp.

ontheway.jpg

It is such a great feeling, really helps the young men feel the enormity of their accomplishment. Go get'em Wildcats!

I got the Wildcats!

Hoping and wishing for a Wildcats win today. They are a fun team to watch and should represent the 9th region well. Lyon Cty is a TOUGH opponent to draw. This game could easily go either way. 
 

-CardinalsFan

2 hours ago, CardinalsFan said:

Hoping and wishing for a Wildcats win today. They are a fun team to watch and should represent the 9th region well. Lyon Cty is a TOUGH opponent to draw. This game could easily go either way. 
 

-CardinalsFan

The best kind of state tournament game. Good teams, good stories, and a realistic opportunity for either team to pick up a victory.

On 3/14/2023 at 11:54 AM, The Double Deuce said:

I think they have 3 guys they can turn to that all have a role and handle it well, give me 8 dudes and I will take my chances.  Again, I think they have question marks, but depth, for me, isn't one of them.  

Maybe I missed something watching them during the 9th region tournament, but depth seems to be their #1 issue.  They only go 6 deep.

Lyon County 10

Newport 5

4:42 1st Quarter

Perry with 6.  He's 15 away

Lyon County 13

Newport 8

2:48 1st quarter. Media TO

Lyon County 13

Newport 11

End of 1st Quarter

Perry has 6

Lyon County 15

Newport 11

7:18 2nd Quarter

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.