Predicting the Kentucky 2023 Mr. Basketball Finalists

12 hours ago, DragonFire said:

Yeah… that was the year he repeated, his junior one. 

He was a freshman in 2018/19 and he is in his fifth year at George Rogers Clark. He absolutely took the Covid year. 

I think he very well could’ve been Mr. Basketball last year if he hadn’t. 

I stand corrected, after checking the KHSAA rosters.  I guess that's why it seems like he has been there forever.  Just some more of the shady dealing in Winchester.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Basketball Jones said:

What were his numbers...

I really have no idea.  He had a decent game, but not a stand out game.  Catholic as a team shot the ball well, their defense kept GC  from finding any kind of flow.  The second meeting, if there is one, will be another close one.

3 minutes ago, Statsdontlie said:

He's still not a Kentucky boy. Reed grew here, Ipsaro flew here!!! 

And Ipsaro sure did dominate Reed last week and I think the last time they met…..it’s fine if KY wants to give the award to the 2nd best player in the state.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

LexCath-Great Crossing summary below:

Potter had 14 points and seven rebounds against a very good defensive 7-foot center with two blocked shots and three steals, but had just two offensive rebounds and picked up four personal fouls. So, 4 Quarters is correct. He didn't have a huge game. He was just merely very effective against one of the best teams and one of the best post players in the state. Well done, Mr. Potter. I will be more than happy to give such a fine young man some love.

lecath box.jfif

4 minutes ago, Cov_Cath_Hwy said:

And Ipsaro had 34 and 23 and Cov. Cath. won both….

Just bringing facts to the discussion. Part of the discussion has been how Ipsaro shut Sheppard down. Someone mentioned above CCH is playing box and 1 on Sheppard. Is that correct?

And I will add - I have no rooting interest for any of these players.