(Covington) Scott at Brossart 1/16

This is a huge game at Brossart for district seeding purposes. Scott's press has been blowing teams out of the water lately, while Brossart has one of the best defenses in the state. I think this game all comes down to tempo. If Brossart keeps it slow and under control they should hammer the the Eagles, But if it becomes a fast paced foot race, the Eagles may just stun everybody.

I think its closer than a lot of people will think, my heart wants me to pick the boys in blue, but Brossart is just to big inside for the eagles. Sharp will have a big game though.

BB- 70

Scott- 65

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be a close game if Scott is on from the outside. If not, Scott can not go inside with the big boys from BB. I think BB wins by double digits.

I agree with you that Scott can't go inside against Brossart, but Scott does run the floor extremely well and I am not sure Cooper and Mutsch can run the floor all night. Hopefully it is a good game and maybe the Eagles can sneak out with a win.

If the game is half court Brossart will have thier way with Scott,,Scott however needs to get on the break and take the ball strong to the hoop...They need to not settle for just threes,,they need to take it to brossarts bigs and get them in the air for a foul,,, Defense I look for Scott to play foull court man jump and run,,,or they may go zone press...Call me crazy but i think brossart may think about playing a zone D....Smith and Sharp are good shooters from three,,,but if they play man Scott will spread the floor and get easy buckets....D for scott if they play man which will be hard to do...I would put Miller on they other big guy for Brossart Muntch(SP) let him go one on one with him,,, Then i would place Quigley on Cooper and when he gets the ball collapes on him with two or three guys....Make Brossart beat you from the outside, but i see maybe zone, but a zone will give Brossart the opportunity to slow the game down....

If the game is half court Brossart will have thier way with Scott,,Scott however needs to get on the break and take the ball strong to the hoop...They need to not settle for just threes,,they need to take it to brossarts bigs and get them in the air for a foul,,, Defense I look for Scott to play foull court man jump and run,,,or they may go zone press...Call me crazy but i think brossart may think about playing a zone D....Smith and Sharp are good shooters from three,,,but if they play man Scott will spread the floor and get easy buckets....D for scott if they play man which will be hard to do...I would put Miller on they other big guy for Brossart Muntch(SP) let him go one on one with him,,, Then i would place Quigley on Cooper and when he gets the ball collapes on him with two or three guys....Make Brossart beat you from the outside, but i see maybe zone, but a zone will give Brossart the opportunity to slow the game down....

I'm going to go out on a limb here and call you crazy!! :D Brossart will not play zone against Scott!!

Scott is a lot more physical then a lot of people give them credit for.

Agreed--And they've got a very good trapping press!! BB better be prepared to get back in transition or Scott may run away and hide like they did against Boone!!

Brossart by 15. Scott hasn't seen a defense like Brossart's.

58-43 Brossart.

I may have to disagree with you on that Scott not seeing a defense like Brossart's because Scott has played against some top defenses in Tates Creek and Christian County.

Does Brossart press a lot? If so, that will be a mistake because Scott is quick and breaks the press pretty effectively which usually results in them getting easy buckets.

Hopefully this will be a good game.